Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Suddenly Trump is back to bashing DeSantis on the stump

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatorchamps960608, Mar 16, 2024.

1. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Why waste his time on a former candidate?

Could it be because DeSantis recently announced he is going to release Epstein information to the public that incriminates Trump?

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    What did he say?

3. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    When a thread is based on something someone said, you really need to include a link of him saying it.
    Thanks

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Here you go:

“I hit him hard, I hit him low, just like we did to ISIS…We hit this guy so hard," the ex-president said. "He’s a shell of the man…We have to hit our enemies hard.”

MeidasTouch made the potential connection Saturday:

"Trump began attacking DeSantis again right after DeSantis signed legislation to allow the release of grand jury documents in the Epstein case," the outlet wrote.

Trump's latest attack could mean he fears 'extremely damaging' Jeffrey Epstein report

• Informative Informative x 4
  5. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Who has the information and why haven't they released it? Further, why is "legislation" necessary in order to disgorge it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    He does this with every thread he starts. It is really annoying.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009

Conservative Army Iraq War Veteran Peter Henlein, who floated a similar theory in the past, also joined the chorus after Trump's Saturday DeSantis attacks.
    "If you had any doubt that the release of the Florida Epstein grand jury files is going to destroy Trump, remove that doubt. Trump and his political operation are suddenly spending an equal amount of effort attacking DeSantis as they are Biden.....which makes no sense," Henlein wrote Saturday. "They aren't attacking Haley at all, who refused to endorse Trump and stayed in the race much longer than DeSantis, but they are passionately attacking DeSantis, who dropped out after Iowa and endorsed Trump......which makes no sense."

"The ONLY possible explanation," according to the political onlooker, "is that Trump knows the release of Florida Epstein grand jury, which DeSantis paved the way for, is going to be extremely damaging to Trump."

Please be true, please please please!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    My thought is Trump isn’t strategic enough to attack Desantis for any specific reason. He could just be blowing his own horn about how he destroyed someone. That seems most likely.

Plus, whatever info it is will simply be plane logs or something. If it was criminal evidence it would have been used by now.

So I have $20 on the nothing burger.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    I would think so too.
    Even if there was tons of irrefutable proof Trump slept with dozens of minors, his supporters wouldn't care.

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    If true, it would mean that DeSantis and Scott hid this while Trump was president ... but I doubt it's true, because I don't think DeSantis would release it if it were damaging to Trump, because that's the type of spineless sissy boy he is, and it would forever make him unelectable as a republican ... but I also hope it's true.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  11. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    More liberal wet dreams.
    IF, and it’s a huge IF, Epsteins files are ever released unredacted, half of DC would have to resign.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    “that incriminates Trump” —> hope is a strategy

13. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm extremely skeptical that there's any actionable evidence against Trump (or really anyone). Maybe circumstantial but doubt there's anything ironclad.

To the extent that any photos or videos may have existed, it never made it to the grand jury. For that to happen, you have to believe that every single FBI agent and member of the DOJ was willing to cover up sex crimes against kids. The number one crime that angers law enforcement more than any other and every single person was willing to keep quiet? And if it made it to the grand jury, why would a bunch of regular citizens agree to be in on the coverup? Between law enforcement and the grand jury there would be at least one person with the moral fiber to say "I don't care what may happen to me, I'm not going to let these people get away with it."

Hypothetically though, let's say that there is. It wouldn't only be Trump - it would be people on both sides of the aisle. Could this be a warning to Desantis to leave Trump's name out of it but release the rest? Possibly. Would Desantis really screw over Trump and hand the election to Biden? Doubtful. Ron would have released the info during the primary. Just doesn't make sense now.

By far the most likely outcome is that this is nothing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    I’d take that if Trump were caught in the net.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2024
  15. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    I would welcome it under any conditions.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
  17. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    More rightie sexual frustration. You just can't get past it, can you?

18. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    I try, but many of your guys ridiculousness has no other way to dsscribe it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023
    There are very few descriptions that describe leftist group psychology surrounding some of these things so well. I would not be surprised if there is a dopamine hit in some of your brains every time you come across negative news about Trump.

One other poster some time ago described some of these threads as passing the bong and getting your daily high. I cannot say that analogy is off or incorrect.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 3
  20. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    so you don't get a dopamine hit when you hear neg newz about Trump???? How do you identify politically then? as a....

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1