Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Stokes no longer a Gator

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by AndrewSpivey, Nov 20, 2022.

1. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    He will even argue with other Democrats about their home state electorate make-up and then delete the post.

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Is it md? I blocked md.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. travlingator

travlingator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Matter of fact it is!!!!

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    I don’t have any problems per se with affirmative action, but at this point I don’t know if it does more harm or good. When I say harm or good, I mean to those that are the beneficiaries of affirmative action. I typically roll my eyes when whites whine about affirmative action as being unfair. However I do think Asians probably have a legit beef as it works against them.

The greater problem with affirmative action is that it sometimes advances less qualified minorities and in some cases it becomes obvious they are less qualified. Also, to the extent certain groups are protected, it can give pause to a hiring manager that if the person doesn’t work out the cost of exit will be a lot higher and uncomfortable.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Actually, it isn't. I agreed to let bygones be bygones. My bad.

6. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    I don’t know, you may enjoy him. For me, I found his interaction to be a big time waster.

7. travlingator

travlingator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I was asked if my back and forth was with you and I said it was. Can't see how that should upset you. If I misinterpreted his question than sorry my bad. My intention was not to take a shot at you but as long as we are talking about it why would anyone want to block you????

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Zero tolerance is a TWO WAY STREET!!! The kid made a mistake... he apologized for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. travlingator

travlingator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Who has zero tolerance? Who made a mistake? Who apologized? Who are you even talking to? Talk about a cryptic post or there must be some history among some of you I don't know about. If you weren't talking to me, sorry for joining in.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    If you're going to post about this at least act like you know what you're talking about. Willfully ignorant is no excuse.

Florida QB Recruit Apologizes After Racial Slur Costs Scholarship Offer - Sports Illustrated

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. travlingator

travlingator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Is this post really necessary. You are exactly the kind of person my previous posts were about. By posting your immediate insult you make it hard to have a worthy conversation with you. All you had to do was clarify your statement and I would have been happy to leave my previous discussion behind and respond to you. Now I want nothing to do with you and by the way I wasn't the original poster. Happy Thanksgiving

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  13. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    If you’re looking for civil and intellectually honest discourse, this is not the place, sadly.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. travlingator

travlingator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You might be right but hope springs eternal. And this is a site with all like minded Gator fans (at least when it comes to sports). I find myself agreeing to quite a few posts by most of the participators on Too Hot when the conversation moves to Gator sports. Imagine if this was an integrated site between Florida and Georgia posters. My post might have been off topic to the subject but I was directly responding to an insult directed right at me so in that case it was right on topic.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
  15. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Don’t get worked up. They don’t care about your feelings. They will continue to insult you. They are very unhappy people, which is why they live here daily arguing about the same stuff over and over, without inching a budge. Many of them are being paid to do it. Surprise: the Russians aren’t the only ones who send agents to social media forums to flood with propaganda.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    When reading charges like the ones made in this post and others, from both the right and the left sides of the political divide, it's good to remember they frequently are reactionary projections. Troubling but true.

That's an outrageous conjecture made by someone who has only posted on this forum for a short time, against another who has been a Too Hot contributor for years. There is no evidence to support it. When reading this sort of thing my mind tends to speculate on the motivation of the one making the charge.

The very best way to respond to an insult is to ignore it. Those known to run to the report button are also known to be the reason others do the same. I have laughed more than once to see someone report another for calling him an insulting name that the person making the report had literally called the person being reported earlier on the same thread. People can be clueless.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    I've found that when people start acting that way, the block feature is a great way to deal with it.

18. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Apr 14, 2007
    I_boy stated in part: “Also, to the extent certain groups are protected, it can give pause to a hiring manager that if the person doesn’t work out the cost of exit will be a lot higher and uncomfortable.”

100% true. People consider not only the likely upside if things work out but also the downside if they don’t. “Protected” classes make the downside of hiring folks from those groups higher and absolutely go into the hiring decision.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    or just ignore it

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. ppaffe

ppaffe Freshman

Jun 9, 2011
    Tone deaf, and a kid's mistake, and a double standard all true!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1