Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Stokes no longer a Gator

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by AndrewSpivey, Nov 20, 2022.

1. FearNoSpear

FearNoSpear GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Your narrative is false. Kyrie Erving says hello.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  2. gatormonk

gatormonk GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    He has a large circle of black friends.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Eminem doesn't use that word in his music. The word should've never been used in the first place, but a certain group felt the need to utter it to another group of people as a degrading insult, the word stuck around, and now here we are.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    Hate it for the kid if this thing follows him around forever …but damn man, have some self awareness.

I think the word is gross and it won’t ever go away unless everyone stops using it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. Shade45

Shade45 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Shade45

Shade45 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    PSU definitely doesn't need this story up there but I hope so for the kid's sake.

7. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    He made a stupid decision and will live with the consequences. Personally I think he was going to be cut loose anyway one way or another..
    As for the N word. We treat it like the ultimate sin. Their will be guys signed by major universities with actual rap sheets. Dalvin Cook comes to mind. Hernandez..just a few off the top of my head.
    But Stokes sings a long with a song with the dreaded N word in it and loses his scholarship? Come on.
    If that word is truly that bad… everyone… of every color, every occupation, every age group needs to be put on blast for using it. No more hearing it on the basketball court, on the football field, in music, or in movies. Remove it. This is a high school kid that just lost a ride to UF for singing along to a song.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  8. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Can't wait for President Cuck-Sasse and his master DeSantis to find out about this. Fully expect sanctions against UF Football for being "too Woke".

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Feels like an excuse to make room for other players now that we got our QB. Pretty obvious the kid was not trying to offend anyone. Made a mistake, pretty harsh consequences.

• Agree Agree x 9
  10. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta VIP Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Gallatin, TN
    You have one example and were talking extreme racism here against Jewish people and Holocaust denial. Were not talking some random word (any word to refer to any race in a negative way, I don't mean the N word is a random word).

Nobody cares about people calling heterosexual white men anything they want and on the flip side white men can no longer have an opinion about anything that is slightly outside of their race, sex, ethnicity or culture (silly me, we have no culture according to everyone else). If we do anything that isn't lock step to being a beta male we are chastised and ridiculed by everyone else. Either its white privilege, male priviledge or were toxic for being to masculine. When you guys have what you want, a world full of cucks, you will regret it. Luckily I dont give a flying F what any of you think about me personally. I just like to complain on here because its fun to give the echo chamber an alternate opinion whether you like it or not.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. FearNoSpear

FearNoSpear GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    It’s not an ideal situation. Personally, I feel like this may be an excuse to free up his scholarship for someone else.

As a football coach, I have no issue keeping him or cutting him. I see both sides. It's a matter of opinion. You also have to factor in the locker room he's walking into. Only the staff is qualified to make this decision. Billy isn't some sort of social justice warrior. He isn't playing to a woke lefty narrative. He's an evangelical. Maybe it was a football decision?

As a QB being a good decision maker is important. Recording yourself using a widely known controversial word isn’t the sign of a good decision maker. It's not like he was singing along in the car and it just happened. He intentionally selected that song with that lyric to record himself to post on social media. At the very least he's tone deaf. That's a lot of steps to go through and still make that choice.

I don't think he's a bad person because of this. I don't think he's a racist based on this. He made a mistake. Mistakes have consequences. It’s how we learn. He will be better because of this moving forward. I don’t believe it’s something that will follow him. Wish him the best wherever he lands. Someone will pick him up. He still gets to pursue his dream of playing football. It just won't be here. I wish him the best.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  12. grouchygator

grouchygator Central Florida Basement Dweller VIP Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Racism is far from dead, in fact, it is probably the biggest driver of international conflict today.
    The most powerful racist organization in the world is the Chinese Communist party.
    Russia, with its history of subjugating non Russ people is probably second.
    Marcus Stokes is a young male dumbass. We can all relate.
    You deal with dumbass behavior by bringing the dumbass to the realization that
    1) You are a dumbass and you flunked up.
    2) We are the adults and we want you to know we love you, but you are still a dumbass.
    3) We are going to forgive your dumbass this one time.
    4) If you flunk up again we are going to kick your dumbass to the curb.
    5) One day you will be an adult and your punishment will be having to deal with dumbasses like you.

That’s reality.
    By withdrawing his scholarship we have done nothing to better him or the situation at large.
    Either you own the problem or you propagate it.
    From one dumbass to another, this is truth.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. travlingator

travlingator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Fact of the matter is that Eminem did use the N word in a music video. I know the black community stood up for him and he never used it again. So he was able to get a pass but Stokes isn't. An 18 year old kid that has grown up with this music uses it and now all the cancel culture mafia come out and crucify the kid without ever knowing what's in his heart. I say BS. I go back to my original point. If you want to get the word out of societal use it starts in the Black community.

I am Jewish and the most offensive word to the Jewish people is "Kike". That is the N word to Jews. I have never heard a Jew use that word to describe the Jewish community in any way, certainly not in jest. You almost never here that word anymore and for good reason. You want to ban a word, it starts with the community that is most affected by it.

• Agree x 7
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  14. gatorchamps0607

Aug 14, 2007
    Gallatin, TN
    In America, the most diverse country in the world by the way, racism is pretty much dead. You see random instances of it on social media and the news because that is what they choose to shove down our throats. Statistically speaking, all crime and all racism has been on the decline for decades. During Trump error (sic), it may have been boosted slightly but most of that was rhetoric from the far left. Trump said a few stupid things and should have handled some situations better but outside of Jan 6, he didn't do much to stoke any racial tensions. If anything it was his lack of action that fanned flames.

If you go out in the real world, you get mostly respect. I've travelled to many places and especially now that I live in Tennessee and am in close proximity to 20+ states, we travel quite a bit and don't see open racism against us or anyone else. Does it exist? Absolutely and Im sure there are a lot of closet racists who just hide it.

I do agree that the rest of the world is much more racist and bad compared to the US and our beliefs and customes. Right now the World Cup is being hosted in a place where being gay is illegal, yet the US is such a chit hole... nah, thats rhetoric for the sheople who gobble up the BS narative from our government and media outlets.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
    • Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Come On Man x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  15. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Eminem used the word once in an old song of his when he was a teenager long before he got famous, and when the old song resurfaced he was embarrassed and apologized profusely. He’s never used that word ever since becoming famous, I don’t know where you get your hip hop “facts” from but you better start checking them.

And just like no one should tell the Jewish community what words they should stop using, no one should feel bold enough to tell the black community what words they should stop using. How about you hold the person who uttered the slur on social media accountable for their actions, yeah I like that idea better.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  16. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

17. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    I agree with everybody he was a dumb ass.....His dumbest mistake was listening to rap music in the first place.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. gatorchamps0607

Aug 14, 2007
    Gallatin, TN
    First of all, Im not a word smith and when Im in Too Hot, Im a little hot under the collar. I've never claimed to be perfect or that smart. I say what I feel and thats that. I say "you guys" sometimes which can be replaced but again, thats how it comes out so I do apologize if I lumped you into that group of people, it wasn't really intentional. This place is an echo chamber for the fairly far left so 85% of the posts are going to be from that side of the aisle.

However, I did address some of your questions and rebuttals about where I see this in a response on the first page here > Stokes no longer a Gator

When you go out in the "real world" you don't see a ton of true racism or cancel culture. Most of the people who do this crap stay behind their keyboard.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. RIP

RIP I like touchdowns Premium Member

Feb 2, 2015
    No clue. I wouldn't think anything of it if he did.

20. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1