Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Start Date sort on iPhone

Discussion in 'Gator Bytes' started by swampsitter, May 19, 2023.

1. swampsitter

swampsitter Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Is there a way to sort by start date when you’re using your phone? I see the button when I’m on my laptop but I don’t see it when I’m using my phone. Is that option not available on a phone? Is the phone screen too small to see it? Any help would be appreciated. I have an iPhone, and I access Gator Country through Safari.

2. LakeGator

LakeGator Mostly Harmless Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Temple Terrace
    I assume the button for start date is something on GatorCountry. I am not familiar with this button and a quick look on the web site doesn’t reveal it to me but that doesn’t mean I didn’t miss it.

Most sophisticated web sites provide both a desktop and mobile version of the site. The mobile is aimed at smaller screens by adjusting the display. This can cause some objects to not be in the display and changing the display layout.

Most web browsers on mobile devices allow the victim to indicate that they wish to see the desktop version rather than the mobile version. You can have Safari do this on a site basis or for all web sites. This article gives the steps for changing just one site and this article gives the steps for making this the case for all sites.

Unfortunately, even if you tell Safari to make the change, the software infesting GatorCountry is smart enough to detect that the browser is not a full-sized desktop and renders the page differently on the phone than on the desktop.

Give it a try to see if it has any positive effect for you.