Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Stacey Abrams...lower than dirt

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ThePlayer, Sep 22, 2022.

1. oaklandroadie2

oaklandroadie2 Freshman

Nov 14, 2017
    Abrams is above all a terrible candidate and yet another misstep by the Democratic Party in nominating her for a second (or in her mind, reelection) bid. She lost in 2018 to a poor candidate in Kemp (who in the interim has redeemed himself to be one of the leading non-Trump Republicans) during a blue wave cycle. Now she is running behind by high single/low double digits. If Kemp gets 54-55% of the vote that might just drag HW over the line with him. They should have shuffled her off to a position in the Biden Admin, or gotten her to run in a cush Democratic district for the HOR. From what is being reported in Georgia, she is barely campaigning at this point. She'll be an MSNBC fixture soon enough.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. magnetofsnatch

magnetofsnatch Rudy Ray Moore’s Idol Premium Member

Apr 10, 2020
    North Florida
    I’d wager her LSAT was way below the average they take at Yale.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    I'd wager it was higher than you could score.

• Like Like x 2
  4. magnetofsnatch

Apr 10, 2020
    North Florida
    Well I took it and went to law school so we could find out huh?

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    You go to Yale?

• Like Like x 1
  6. magnetofsnatch

Apr 10, 2020
    North Florida
    No didn’t apply. You can bait me all you want but we both know the many reasons she would get in before me even if my scores were higher.

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    You have the scores and GPA to go to Yale?

8. magnetofsnatch

Apr 10, 2020
    North Florida
    Did you?

9. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    You didn't answer the question. But I'll answer yours. Nope. You also don't see me calling Stacey Abrams stupid. So, did you have the scores and GPA to go to Yale?

10. magnetofsnatch

Apr 10, 2020
    North Florida
    Weird I don’t recall calling her stupid. Your words. Just because she likely scored in the 150’s doesn’t make her stupid but it damn sure makes her score well under what the average was in the mid 90’s.

11. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Weird, I recall you responding to a post saying that Yale Law doesn't let stupid people in by questioning Abrams's worthiness of getting in. I'm sure you weren't implying anything by that comment. Just a stray observation.

If you're going to throw stones, don't run and hide afterwards. And I'm laughing at you labeling something as "likely" that you've pulled completely out of your rear end. :emoji_joy:

I've noticed you still didn't answer the question. I'll take that as a no.

12. fda92045

fda92045 GC Legend

Feb 19, 2012
    This is some racist ass shit.

But SA would run circles around you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. magnetofsnatch

Apr 10, 2020
    North Florida
    I couldn’t get into Yale law school; didn’t meet the median GPA/LSAT numbers. There you have it.

14. wci347

wci347 GC Hall of Fame

That is an interesting thought coming from a person who, had they applied to law school when almost no blacks or women were being admitted in 1947 and earlier, wouldn’t even have had to take the LSAT because it didn’t exist.

It’s funny (actually it’s tragic) that you have no issues with the centuries of affirmative action white males enjoyed getting into colleges and grad schools when smarter women and people of color were prohibited from admission.

But then you whine like a beoctch when policies are put in effect for a fraction of the time to make efforts to balance the huge disparity in opportunity.

People like you are okay with white males being 45% of the population and 85% of the US Senators, 90% of US prosecutors, etc etc etc.

I bet in the recesses of your demented mind you believe that there are genes that exist in white men that make them predisposed for such achievement when in reality the simple explanation is centuries of unfair advantage.

So it must be shocking that this (in your mind), unfairly and unjustifiedly educated black female wipes the floor in a debate with this inherently and genetically endowed white male in the race for governor.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2022
  15. wci347

wci347 GC Hall of Fame

Are they the same reasons that kept her and people like her out of law schools for over a hundred years?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. magnetofsnatch

Apr 10, 2020
    North Florida
    Wow that is an awful lot of assumptions. You seem to have a lot of hate in your heart. It’s good to get it out and thanks for the good laugh this morning. God speed on your journey to make the world a better place!

• Like Like x 1
  17. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    And there's a very good chance that the same would apply to Clarence Thomas. In fact, I suspect that although he was a beneficiary of affirmative action one of the reasons that he has so steadfastly opposed to it was because he was stigmatized as an AA beneficiary when he was a student at Yale Law School.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
  18. wci347

wci347 GC Hall of Fame

Here we go with the projection syndrome.

The hatred that you showed for Abrams who as a black and woman has leapfrogged you in not only academic achievement but also career accomplishment you managed to convince yourself is coming from me.

I did not post a comment making references to some perceived injustice that has befallen me. You did.

You can characterize my recounting of historical facts as hatred, and the assessment of their negative impact on women and people of color as venting.

But we know the truth. The truth is when facts are presented to you that shred your delusional reality of the present all you can do is project your own suffering as being hated by someone else.

Perhaps you should look at your own words and examine who the real hater is!

19. magnetofsnatch

Apr 10, 2020
    North Florida
    If I could rate this post a thousand laughs I would. Good lord do you make some assumptions here. You got all that from my one sentence response?

20. wci347

wci347 GC Hall of Fame

If “a picture tells a thousand words”, you can imagine what ten words can tell you.

What is revealing is how you have utterly failed to address the century plus of affirmative action that white males like you enjoyed in the formative years of this country. It took the University of North Carolina 162- ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY TWO years to admit its first black student, and close to 111- ONE HUNDRED AND ELEVEN years to admit women.

Fast track to 1961 when Prsdident Kennedy first introduced Affirmative Action into our system, and then 1978 when Bakke initiated the reverse of what amounted to perhaps 17 years SEVENTEEN YEARS of efforts to erase centuries of unfair racially and gender based discrimination.

So you cry about an LSAT score of a black woman who has more than justified the “accommodation” if in fact there was one.

Indeed you are the one who made the initial assumption. My sister graduated from Yale undergrad at 20 years old Cum Laude. She had a close to 1500- FIFTEEN HINDRED on her SAT score (out of 1600 then) and graduated from Hunter HS in NY one of the best HS in NYC at 26 with high honors.

Not every black person gets admitted to prestigious schools because of seats set aside that take seats away from white.men. THAT WAS THE ASSUMPTION!!

But the real lesson learned from this conversation is that people like you are okay with 160 years of depriving blacks admission to some colleges but cry when a limited number of blacks get 17 years of preferntial treatment.

One does not have to assume based upon your few words that that is how you feel. Your subsequent words have only confirmed that belief. You have yet to even acknowledge the gross, unfair, and unjustified generational discrimination that benefitted white men.

Instead you double down and say that the informant is full of hate and anger. No one is buying into this projection/blame assignment tactic that fails to address the underlying causes of our discussion.

You are probably against Critical Race Theory and are in favor of keeping military bases named after Confederate War Criminals. You are the revelation of truth that Donald Trump brought to the surface as he spewed his venom of hate and divisiveness that people like you wholeheartedly embrace.