Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Sorry Desantis, but I think Disney may have gotten the last laugh

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by G8tas, Mar 29, 2023.

1. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    That was a wild visual.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. RD_gator

RD_gator GC Hall of Fame

Jul 20, 2007
    Read it again.
    It was about working at Tishman Construction.

3. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    This one makes me laugh so hard, BECAUSE it is not actually edited in any way.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    The problem I had was with both Tishman & Disney and like I_boy said my youth. I was complaining to my bosses that nobody was following my work schedules then being told to fudge the numbers and make it look right. When our team would meet with the Disney execs and someone would catch one of my lies they would pressure me about it. Being in my 20s I was looked at as the kid in the room and they were brutal.

One day after a meeting I asked my project manager why nobody was following my work schedules. He answered, Son you weren't hired to schedule construction, we do that in the field. You were hired to make a paper trail of how it could have been scheduled. Then long after the project is finished Disney's lawyers, our lawyers and the contractors and sub contractors will all fight it out in court. That is the day I walked out of the office and said good riddance to Tishman, Disney and all. Oh and so as not to be misleading I didn't work the entire project. I scheduled the construction on the Exxon & GM pavilions and did the original work schedules for the Horizons pavilion. There was a chief scheduler who put all the pieces together.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    She was doing OK (for her...a sliding scale) until she went brain dead with that comment. I don't think Disney is looking to relocate from one anti-woke state to another, especially one contemplating imposing the firing squad for women who obtain abortions.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The way I read it he was employed by Tishman during the period in which Tishman was the general contractor for the construction of EPCOT. The way he framed the post the problems he articulated were the result of the standards that Disney apparently imposed on Tishman.
    Caveat: Prior to my response I didn't read his later post (#964).

7. dabigunit

dabigunit GC Hall of Fame

Apr 29, 2007
    Disney is going to lose. They should have never messed with our children. Do they really think they can beat the governor and his super majority senate and house , and the super red Florida Supreme court.

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  8. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    They should definitely leave that to you.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. jjgator55

jjgator55 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

10. StrangeGator

StrangeGator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    It won't be the Florida Supreme Court. It will be decided in federal court with an Obama appointed judge. It's a slam dunk win for Disney. DeSantis lost this suit before it was filed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    I see that you failed civics.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    The trial judge will likely be favorable to Disney. The 11th Circuit has become very conservative, so the appellate results, is definitely no slam dunk.

13. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    You forgot to use the word woke

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    What happens if a court rules that the state had the authority to do what it's done but couldn't do it for the reason it did? Would the state get to wait awhile, make up some pre-textual justifications unrelated to the education bill, and create a better record for itself?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. dabigunit

Apr 29, 2007
    Unlike leftists I don't support pedophilia. There is a reason the only people crying about desantis bringing the death penalty against pedophiles were the lgbqtPedo people aka the dems.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  16. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    The court will rule on the issue and controversy before it, which is whether Florida retaliated against a corporation in a manner which violated their constitutional rights, and also whether Disney’s responsive agreements and restrictive covenants were lawfully enacted and if so, whether the State can lawfully void such contracts in a manner which does not violate the takings clause.

Bluntly, had Florida decided to meet, debate, and study whether to remove a Reedy Creek based on non-retaliatory basis, I think Disney: (a) would be a very different situation legally, and (b) would be in a very different situation from a public relations standpoint.

17. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    you were just celebrating leftism in post #967.

18. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Your handle ( da big unit) smells of perversion.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  19. dabigunit

Apr 29, 2007
    While a rogue Obama judge might rule at the district level, it will be appealed to scotus eventually and desantis will win. This case is a slam dunk to go to scotus and desantis is a lock to win there. Desantis may win at the appellate level anyways if he doesn't get a corrupt Obama judge.

Disney never should have been given the powers of a local government. That was illegal, immoral, and literally fascism. Florida's congress voted to repeal it anyways so Disney's free fascism ride is over. I thought liberals opposed fascism? I guess they love it.

Not to mention there are a million more things desantis and the florida congress can do to disney.

They can't win this one.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  20. dabigunit

Apr 29, 2007
    No, I oppose leftism. I'm a former Democrat and proud patriot now.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1