Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Somebody needs to check on Kid Rock - meltdown re: trans influencer

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by mrhansduck, Apr 4, 2023.

1. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Shooting up beer cans with an automatic weapon doesn't make one a snowflake; what makes a person a snowflake is when the motivation to shoot up the presumably unopened cans is to protest against the use of a transperson in the ads by the firm brewing the beer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    If you think it makes you a big tough guy, I can see your confusion on this subject

3. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    Some are boycotting Jack Daniels now, too. The list will be long.

I was reading Matt Walsh's tweets yesterday, and they were interesting. He says conservatives are way behind in the culture war and saying they need to pick a single corporate victim and gang up on it rather than spreading out their efforts.

Both sides have the right to boycotts and cancel culture. But while the left uses boycotts and negative messaging as well, it also has fought for marriage equality, anti-discrimination laws, etc. This gives people an opportunity to support LGBT folks with no detriment to non LGBT folks. In contrast, it doesn't seem to me that social conservatives spend as much time affirmatively promoting their own values as opposed to merely fighting who or what they don't like. For example, if social conservatives seek to promote young people getting married, having kids, and going to church, they could use their influence to make those traditional values more appealing. They could work on lowering their own divorce rates rather than blaming gay people for eroding the institution of marriage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. JG8tor

JG8tor Senior

Apr 9, 2007
    Prudent advice that should've been considered before buying the Bud Light in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2020
    Always suffering from perhaps an unhealthy degree of skepticism ....... I'm beginning to think AnnBusch paid Kid Rock to "shoot up" the Bud Light. Lot's of free pub over this and the related copycats.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    I believe whole heartedly that there are plenty of idiots out there like KR who don't have to be paid anything to do this

7. helix

helix VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Sort of. Fully automatic weapons are NFA title II firearms and as such are legal for anyone who is not a prohibited person and/or lives in a state where they are not prohibited to own, provided they pay a $200 transfer tax and wait for BATFE approval (current times are generally 9-12 months). The process involves the same background check you would get for buying any other firearm but you must submit photos and fingerprints when making your application for each responsible party (yourself if an individual, any co-trustees if applying with a trust or corporation), and must have a positive approval on your NICS check (not open or pending or anything else). Upon approval of your transfer by BATFE you receive your application back with a stamp on it.

The kicker is that the firearms themselves are prohibitively expensive to most (upwards of $30k) since the Hughes Amendment which passed under questionable circumstances on a voice vote as part of the Firearms Owners Protection Act closed the registry to any new machine guns that were not on it as of May of 1986.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Tuba ignorance. Not possible for that instrument to make a sound.

9. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    don't forget the FBI and the DOJ

10. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Real men load up the recycling bin with full, unopened cans of beer.

11. GrandPrixGator

GrandPrixGator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007

Jason Isbell is a good follow on Twitter. Other than being one of the better living songwriters, the dude is hilarious.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  12. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    Oh yes, the legendary song writer and musician Kid Rock with a song literally titled bawitdaba that has lyrics that are 75% nonsensical gibberish.

• Like Like x 1
  13. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Feminist journalist explores the origins and inner workings of the trans agenda. It’s beyond bizarre ...

14. snatchmagnet

snatchmagnet Bring On The Bacon Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Parts Unknown
    This will hurt Anheuser Busch badly. They can’t back off because they’ll get cancelled by the left, all they can do is wait it out and hope it passes. I really don’t give two shits about it, but, I guess it’s just knowing your market. Who did they think they were advertising to? Profitable corps should just stay out of politics, it’s not a hard thing. No matter what you piss off someone when you do it

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. 108

108 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    NYC
    I don’t know what the marketing was, but transgenders are people not politics, and LGBT people drink alcohol too.

It’s pretty crazy how threatened conservatives are by stuff like this.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. snatchmagnet

Apr 3, 2007
    Parts Unknown
    im still drinking Busch light, but that was a political ad. Whether you want to admit it or not.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    I agreed only with the latter part of your post.

18. snatchmagnet

Apr 3, 2007
    Parts Unknown
    Lol. Busch light is quality shit.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. snatchmagnet

Apr 3, 2007
    Parts Unknown
    Lol. I was always a bud light guy. Busch light is just better.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1