Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Somebody needs to check on Kid Rock - meltdown re: trans influencer

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by mrhansduck, Apr 4, 2023.

1. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Depends on the couple, but you already know that. A lot of bud lights consumers aren’t fans of trans being thrown in their face. Why is this so hard to understand?

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

It was so much outrage you can’t even remember who it was LOL. Oh the irony.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Apparently, "thrown in their face" is a framing of "had a person promote our brand on Instagram" (a website where users can follow whoever they want). Then, those people who don't like it shoved in their face made sure to spend tons of time consuming media on the incident and producing their own social media content in relation to it.

But it isn't really about hating trans people. They just don't want it "thrown in their face" as they furiously click on stories about it and seek out her Instagram account to be outraged about this horrible company "shoving it in their face" by paying her to promote the brand on her Instagram account.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  4. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    If they arent fans of that, maybe unfollow the agitprop social media that fed it to them to get mad about? Seems easily avoidable unless you are looking for it by following a trans influencer on social media!

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    I didn't know who they were at the time and doubt I've heard anything they've done since. Obama and the Chicago connection noted above make sense. I do think it's culturally interesting how cool most people seem to have become with gangster rap and not sure why you think White people buying it is evidence that it was never politically controversial.

6. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I hadn't followed the initial controversy closely and assumed they put Dylan on all cans, but it was just a promotional can that they only sent to her? I could understand the mindset of it being thrown in people's faces if she was on all the cans but otherwise it just looks like a case of a bunch of snowflakes who are mad that Bud Light doesn't actively hate trans people.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It’s this simple:: Bud light didn’t know their customers. Some people
    don’t like trans people so they are voicing their displeasure by not drinking bud light. The complaining on here sounds like they are upset that a “boycott” by some on the right actually worked.

8. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    I think many are sincerely concerned about sports and about hormones and surgeries. Others may see this as a winning political issue or a potential win following losses in other cultural battles. I'm surprised you phrased it this way because not liking trans people is what the left claims about the right.

9. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't disagree with this at all. The consumers are well within their right to vote with their wallets. Plenty of other replacement options available.

I think a lot of the companies taking political stances thing is overblown. I think most companies carefully consider the ramifications before doing anything controversial and most of the time it's ultimately a financial decision that may seem political. Bud Light just did something relatively small without considering how it could blow up in their face.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Pretty sure they did know some of their customers were bigots and whiny babies (aka Americans), probably why they did their promotion low key instead of some national campaign. They probably did underestimate how keyed up the bigots are about trans people right now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Sometimes people accidentally reveal the truth

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I am using what the left thinks. But of course some on the right don’t like trans people.

13. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Lol. If they knew that and still did it then they are dumber than I thought.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I have no way of proving this, but I would suspect that less than 1% of those supposedly concerned about sports, hormones, or surgeries, are actually primarily motivated by that concern. The numbers are just so insignificant for all of those "concerns". They're just so few transgender women playing competitive sports and so few ever getting to the point of surgery, and less still getting to the point of hormones.

Never has so much been written and so many laws enacted about so few.

15. partdopy

partdopy GC Hall of Fame

Feb 1, 2012
    This is cancel culture.

Virginia mom says activists threatened to 'curb stomp' her for speaking out against school curriculum
    Boycotts have been around forever. Asking for organizations to fire employees who use degrading language to refer to customers is also normal and has always been around.

Cancel culture is trying to get people fired, ostracized and harmed because they don't share your opinion. That's the domain of the left.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    One libbie’s bigot is really the majority of normal people.
    It’s not bigoted to notice the differences in people.
    It’s called human nature.
    Your posting history is clear. You don’t like normal people. You don’t like traditions. You don’t like capitalism.
    And you don’t like white, Christian Southerners.
    Who is the bigot again?

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    So what? Some people aren’t comfortable with trans.
    I’m more comfortable with trans than I am with sjw white libbie Karen’s.

18. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    the reedy creek board sez hi. ditto the planning board that also got fired.

DeSantis’ Board Fires Reedy Creek Planning Board and Takes Over
    DeSantis' Board Fires Reedy Creek Planning Board and Takes Over, Board's Lawyer Says Disney's Reedy Creek Agreement is Illegal, 'Caper Worthy of Scrooge McDuck,' & More: Daily Recap (4/19/23) - WDW News Today

Last edited: May 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  19. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    After reading the article, this woman is herself an activist, which i think greatly reduces her credibility. If she received such a threat it should be referenced to law enforcement and prosecuted if deemed credible. It is a crime, not “cancel culture”. Did this actually happen? Unfortunately this is the domain of liars so I don’t necessarily take her at her word. I guess the irony is also lost that her “activism” is trying to “cancel” LGBTQ. Sounds like her group is one of those that goes around seeking book bans. Yes, that is also cancel culture.