Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Softball Transfer Portal

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by wild4softball, Jun 22, 2022.

1. orangeblue77

orangeblue77 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 19, 2023
    Florida
    We pretty much have the same thing? I do hope that statement was jest. We might pretty much have one guy and maybe he’s filthy rich, doubt he’s loves truck stops rich but who is. What matters is does our theoretical rich guy love softball as much as the loves love OU softball?

2. orangeblue77

Feb 19, 2023
    Florida
    Nope

3. orangeblue77

Feb 19, 2023
    Florida
    To take a different angle the NFL has plenty of issues but at least they have a salary cap. MLB on the other hand doesn’t. I still watch the NFL, I don’t watch the MLB because outside of a couple surprising dark horses it’s the same bs every season. I love college softball with a passion, imo OU is turning the sport I love the most into pay to win MLB bs.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Our guy has a baseball stadium and indoor football practice facility named after him

• Like Like x 2
  5. orangeblue77

Feb 19, 2023
    Florida
    Saying UF or any other college in America has the same money backing the softball program as OU does has to be one of the most farcical things I’ve ever heard in my entire life. I can’t take you seriously. I do eagerly await your future jokes however. I enjoy a good laugh!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. orangeblue77

Feb 19, 2023
    Florida
    So maybe he’ll get around to softball next?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. orangeblue77

Feb 19, 2023
    Florida
    Our football needs a lot of practice.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    Take a deep breath. We have one guy carrying most of the weight for our entire NIL program. Our as in UF, not our as in UF softball only. Majority of that money goes to football even though that is not his favorite sport. I doubt much goes to softball, and said as much in my post. The argument was that there’s plenty of people in this country with the money to fund a competitive college softball team if they wanted to. We have a single donor that could if he wanted to. Not many people have the desire to spend that kind of money on a softball team. If you enjoy softball and have boatloads of cash, it is a market ripe for the picking.

It’s much harder to just buy whatever players you want for the football team. You have 20 or so teams that can legitimately compete money wise. It’s not that hard to be the big dog, comparatively speaking, in softball. In football you probably need a 30 million dollar yearly budget to just outbid everyone else for whatever players you want. In softball a few mill a year could put you at the top.

I don’t fault OU for taking advantage of the current situation, and I find the constant complaining about them humorous. It’s really just sad. You have guys on here that want the media to go after them? Lol. For simply spending money? The tampering is happening everywhere and multiple regular members here agreed just yesterday that Liv was likely tampered with before she was released from Ole Miss.

We’re doing fine without the OU money. Luckily all this NIL stuff hasn’t deeply infected the high school recruiting yet, and Walton is still killing it there. I’m happy we have a team of high character girls that is happy with the (alleged) equal split approach to NIL. I’m happy with who we get. I don’t care who OU buys.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    Nobody said that.

Doubtful

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. orangeblue77

Feb 19, 2023
    Florida
    I will agree the future of Gator softball is bright. I’ll go with no comment for now with the rest.

• Like Like x 1
  11. orangeblue77

Feb 19, 2023
    Florida
    Literally everyone knows that, was it explicitly stated to your liking. All comes back to legimate concerns about the sport that many of us have and your tired old response is this is just how it is now. Sadly you are right. Money wins in the end, that doesn’t mean me or anyone else who doesn’t like it has to except it without throwing some complaints out there. But by all means defend the bs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. number1

number1 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 9, 2011
    Okay, so after all that, do we have a chance to get Canady in Gainesville as a Gator?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  13. alysb21

alysb21 GC Legend

Jan 8, 2019
    I personally belive Liv reaches out to us first. So many things were going on at Ole Miss last year and still are... players leaving coaches leaving. Hasn't been a good environment there and I feel like she was aware of our situation and reached out since she was a lifelong fan anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. alysb21

alysb21 GC Legend

Jan 8, 2019
    Which is the best thing possible imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. sweetpotato2

sweetpotato2 GC Legend

May 5, 2023
    And it’ll probably get much worse with the hire of ehren earlywine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. alysb21

alysb21 GC Legend

Jan 8, 2019
    Only if she wants us lol. But even if she goes to OU we still have a great team next year and I belive our offense can contend with her. We made it jsut fine this year without getting a big arm in the portal and this young team is now very experienced and hungry.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. orangeblue77

Feb 19, 2023
    Florida
    Who? You must be speaking about some welsh guy lol. Google welsh, it’s a funny language for a simpleton American like me.

18. ufgtr77

ufgtr77 Junior

Apr 22, 2024
    I am in complete agreement with your last paragraph. “I’m happy we have a team of high character girls that is happy with the (alleged) equal split approach to NIL. I’m happy with who we get. I don’t care who OU buys.” That one gets a big star. As for being a big time donor (mil plus donor), as I told Smiley before a game this year, when I win the lottery.

• Like Like x 4
  19. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I can't recall, did UF pick up a SS out of the portal?

20. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    There has been talk of the Bama SS, but has not happened yet

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1