Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Softball Transfer Portal

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by wild4softball, Jun 22, 2022.

1. kittie11

kittie11 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando
    You think that coach TW was getting the Texas's job??????

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. theemaxpower

theemaxpower Junior

Jun 9, 2023
    Milton, DE
    That was back before he re-signed in 2018.. I think. Because I was thinking, well if he goes let's make Rocha head coach. Then she left..ugh

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. kittie11

kittie11 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Thanks, for the information

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Now just you hold on for a second. Stop asking questions and wondering if what you are reading is true. Sit down, zip it, and drink the Kool-Aid like every one else on here. What could go wrong?

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. gatorstevelp

gatorstevelp Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You are probably looking at a max of 400 innings for the season. Vawter is use to throwing 200 and Maxwell 140 or so…..that doesn’t leave much for the freshman so can you keep Vawter & Maxwell happy with 125 innings each which would leave 100-150 innings total for the freshman?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. alysb21

alysb21 GC Legend

Jan 8, 2019
    Been reading the texas softball forumn and they seem fairly convinced vawter is coming here or Duke most likely here. They also think maxwell here but have said they know texas reached out to maxwell.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2023
  7. theemaxpower

theemaxpower Junior

Jun 9, 2023
    Milton, DE
    That's great! Texans are always right! We're so golden. Lol just kiddin' Lol

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. theemaxpower

theemaxpower Junior

Jun 9, 2023
    Milton, DE
    ALTHOUGH....

Erickson just followed Kelly Maxwell and Maxwell followed her back. Would make total sense for Maxwell and Vawter to go to Florida considering they only have 2 pitches for the season who are both freshman coming in.
    I think it’s a strong possibility at this point they both go to Florida but I’m hoping that’s not the case. I want Maxwell at Texas. I think our pitching will be fine without her but she would instantly take this team to the next level.

Yesterday at 3:25 AM

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. theemaxpower

theemaxpower Junior

Jun 9, 2023
    Milton, DE
    AND....

Texas has reached out to Maxwell. Whether she accepts the offer is on her but know that Texas reached out and is trying/tried to get here. My other source said that she is most likely going to Florida. And that Vawter is going to Florida or Duke. But it’s best to wait for official announcements. Don’t forget there was an article that said Maxwell will be entering the portal and heading to OU soon. Next morning, she enters the portal so people assumed since the article was right, she will be going to OU but that looks very unlikely.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  10. alysb21

alysb21 GC Legend

Jan 8, 2019
    Those posts made me feel more optimistic. Don't know about everyone else.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    I'm greedy. I want both Maxwell and Vawter. Neither has to carry the load, the freshmen can develop and get in their innings and by the end of the season all 4 should be fresh and ready for a run to Oklahoma City. What a staff that would be!!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  12. theemaxpower

theemaxpower Junior

Jun 9, 2023
    Milton, DE
    I think Tim reads these posts and saw some of us being down on him (not me though. Lol) and is stretching this and the 3rd coach decision out to torture us... well played coach Walton, well played.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    Perhaps this has been mentioned but, if so, I didn't see it. Appears a possible reason Vawter is also rumored to be headed to Duke is that program she is involved in that was the means to be in South Africa is a co-program between Stanford and Duke. So she has at least some sort of connection to Duke. Of course, Duke is also an upcoming program with an excellent head coach so there's that too.

14. theemaxpower

theemaxpower Junior

Jun 9, 2023
    Milton, DE
    Yeah, from what I read, she's been doing that program for the last few summers. Although, I would think with a Stanford degree in engineering she's probably going to do just fine in the job market. No need to waste your final year of eligibility just getting to the supers... come to Florida and return to OKC with an arsenal of big bats. Be a part of the team that dethrones the all-mighty unbeatable Sooners. Anyway, she's not gonna read this... no need to convince you folks.. lol I think Maxwell gets announced tomorrow or Tuesday.. BUT if Vawter doesn't come to Florida I'm out of the woods for crow dinner. Lol

Last edited: Jul 16, 2023
  15. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    I'm not. I said Vawter to OU and that doesn't appear likely even if not UF so I'm still on the hook. Honesty is my worst trait.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. hoyt233

hoyt233 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2009
    Prattvile, AL-Go Lions!
    OCD

17. kittie11

kittie11 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando
    OCD what the hell is that?????

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. alysb21

alysb21 GC Legend

Jan 8, 2019
    Seems like kern is going to Stanford.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. alysb21

alysb21 GC Legend

Jan 8, 2019
    According to what I found on the program she was in Africa for Vawter should be back in the US. Hopefully get an announcement this week for her and maxwell both. Whether they come here or not the suspense will be over lol.

20. scrappygator

scrappygator VIP Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    This was posted on the Den by ldgator.

Excerpt from Franz Beard column:

UF softball: Walton adds a transfer; two more on the way?

Just days after picking up transfer catcher/1B Jocelyn Erickson from national champ Oklahoma, could it be that Tim Walton is about to supplement his 2024 pitching staff with a pair of grad transfers? Stanford All-American Alana Vawter, three times All-Pac 12, and Kelly Maxwell, a second team All-American from Oklahoma State, are spending their summer vacations pitching for Team USA where Walton just so happens to be an assistant coach. Vawter and Maxwell are both in the transfer portal and the rumors are swirling that they will be announcing any day now to play their final year with the Gators.

This would be a huge pickup for Walton, who is bringing in two of the hyped freshman pitchers in years in Keagan Rothrock (Indianapolis, IN Roncalli) and Ava Brown (Montgomery, TX Lake Creek). Adding a pair of veteran arms would allow Rothrock and Brown to adjust to the collegiate game while giving Walton the kind of depth in the circle that he hasn’t had in years.

Vawter was 21-8 with a 1.81 ERA in 2023 when she helped pitch Stanford to the final four at the Women’s College World Series. Vawter is 77-34 in her collegiate career with a 1.75 ERA. Maxwell was 16-7 with five saves and a 1.91 ERA in 2023 when Oklahoma State made its third consecutive trip to the Women’s College World Series. The lefty was 58-20 with a 1.58 career ERA in four seasons.

Erickson hit .337 with 11 doubles, seven homers and 32 RBI as a freshman for the national champion Sooners.

• Like Like x 1