Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Softball Transfer Portal

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by wild4softball, Jun 22, 2022.

1. notexgator

notexgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Don't beat on an OU degree. I know UF is a top notch ranked University but the people who graduated from OU do quite well in their own right. Remember they have war chest for their sports that makes ours look like paupers. Their top 10 donors can buy and sell all our Bull Gators combined. I have no idea what Mamba's degree is in but I am pretty sure it is covered by OU as well as UF. As I reported right after the WCWS, Canady was all set to come to UF right up until OU started throwing out stupid money. I imagine she is thinking it through and figuring out what her real goals in life are. Whatever she decides, we will be a contender next year!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Is...is that not supposed to sound fun?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Lol.....we ain't going undefeated and there is NO guarantee we even win it all. And yes, if we managed to do any of those things I would enjoy it immensely. But FYI, all those players I menioned are each All American types. Wallace, Otis and rickson are certainly in the conversation for best player in the country....let's not act all innocent like these are not the best of the best.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  4. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Not if Chris Malachowsky is a Bull Gator they can’t :).

• Like Like x 1
  5. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    LOL! Somebody should help arrange a visit to a psychologist for a bit of help for Porchegator with his unhealthy views of reality. :D

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    At Stanford, Canady is an undergraduate in the Science, Technology & Society Department of the School of Humanities & Sciences.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. Porschegator

Porschegator GC Legend

Aug 15, 2016
    Canton Ohio

Get me an appointment ET and I will be there. You don't understand. I live in northern Ohio and get to cheer for the Cavs, Indians, and Browns. Now you understand why I might be a nutcase and struggle with reality.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  8. kittie11

kittie11 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando
    I'm sorry.

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I would think CTW has maybe. Kind of sorta reached out to some key players anout tthe possibilities even with the new infielders coming in.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. jaxg8r

jaxg8r VIP Member

Jan 21, 2008
    One of the smartest decision I ever made was NOT telling my daughter it was a mistake to pursue a Humanities degree when she started at UF in 2004. I was rewarded on our way back to Jax that Thanksgiving during her second semester. She told me she'd already realized that she wouldn't be challenged academically, and that most of her fellow students seemed to be OK with that. She went on to tell me she had changed her major to Business, with a Finance minor. She's 15 years into a nice gig at a Merrill Lynch Wealth Management subsidiary.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  11. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    What i find interesting is no artical ive read puts UF as a dedtination for NC. Are we the delusional ones or are the so called experts ignorant to be kind.

• Like Like x 3
  12. ufgtr77

ufgtr77 Junior

Apr 22, 2024
    Life is challenging, so one needs to “academically” challenge and constantly looking to reinvent one’s selves to keep up with an ever changing world. Your daughter the correct choice!!

13. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    I'm not delusional and still have to see it to believe it. But the articles? Just pure B.S. They don't know anything more than you or I.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. huunterhound

huunterhound Sophomore

Mar 28, 2024
    Why does everyone think UF is such a prestigious university? Perhaps some of them graduated from UF decades ago and think it's still the same. Uf is a great school but it is not on the level as Stanford, Vanderbilt, Ivy league schools, or for that matter Texas or even Arizona State depending on program. Most of the reason UF gets high rankings is affordability. Our tuition bang for the buck is hard to beat. Sure we have a couple of top notch majors and post grad programs but we really are not the top of the heap. And before anyone chastises me for that statement, my wife and I both went to college here and have 2 kids that graduated in the last 2 years. It is not what you remember if you attended UF longer than 20 years ago. So all this talk about giving up a UF degree for OU or OK St or even Bama is just nonsense. Depending upon degree desired there could be dozens of schools that can offer the education needed. I hope she considers the competitive environment, the family atmosphere and quality coaching. Very little chance she is looking for something that 10 other top 25 teams can't give her and if she is on any of those rosters, she can make that top 25 program a WCWS participant. I hope it's us but let's not kid ourselves, most UF degrees are not worth anymore than an OU degree,a UNC degree or a Texas degree. Now I will wait for everyone to tell me how dumb I am and who is this nobody poster talking crap.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    Not that I agree with you but one of the primary problems today is political interference by Neanderthals who are hell bent on destroying everything UF has stood for before this. And, not wanting to start a political diatribe, I will leave it at that.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. sweetpotato2

sweetpotato2 GC Legend

May 5, 2023
    TBH the only articles I’ve come across regarding Canady are pro OU articles.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. pinellasgator1

pinellasgator1 Recruit

May 22, 2024
    I saw on Twitter today from some softball account that Canady is rumored to sign with us? Let's all take this with a HUGE grain of salt, but that would big. I do worry about playing time for our other pitchers if they get Canady. How do we balance the other arms' time on the mound for the future?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. tggator07

tggator07 Junior

Apr 26, 2022
    Well balance was certainly not how I would describe this past season. Keagan had to pitch an inordinate number of innings. She did a masterful job I might add. That being said, Canady would provide a formidable combination with Keagan and Ava. Not only that, the synergy that would be created between all the pitchers would benefit and lift the entire pitching staff to a whole new level. Haven’t a clue whether Canady is coming but certainly wouldn't worry about problems if she wears the O&B.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    explain why uf is a top 5 rated public university, smoke and mirrors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    day late.

• Funny Funny x 3