Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

So what’s new in DuhSantistan?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by jjgator55, May 18, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    There might be another Desantis asylum applicant drop today in Delaware.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Says the guy who voted for Trump. And now, you're championing a guy who is just as much of a cruel turd as Donald. Unsurprisingly, that's why you aren't even trying to defend this evil and reprehensible behavior. But you also aren't willing to actually rethink your allegiance to this very bad person.

Every single thing he said has been confirmed, except maybe the part about them not having eaten.

Leviticus 19:34: "The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God."

Zechariah 7:9-10: "This is what the Lord Almighty said: ‘Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the foreigner or the poor. Do not plot evil against each other.’"

Hebrew 13:1-2: "Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it."

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    • Informative Informative x 4
  4. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    You hear his posts?

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    Jeez. Working hard to shore up the deplorable support. Each day he gets a little bit closer to Trump level terrible (still has a ways to go, imo). I do think if he were elected president he might pivot away from the shithead shtick unlike Trump. But I gotta admit he's following the Trump game plan a lot more closely than I thought he would. Just despicable behavior.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    The whole thing is so mind-boggling. That he did it in the first place, and that it's being not just defended but cheered.

The problem(s) with DeSantis’ line on his Martha’s Vineyard stunt

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Nope. I totally get why they chose to vote for their pov over the character of the candidate. We all have done it.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  10. tilly

So voting for a cheating predator, is OK, but dont you dare vote for someone that a liberal sheriff and some dude on twitter says put immigrants on a bus illegally?

You do you bae

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  11. tilly

Funny you leave out that I am the guy that turned on Trump and openly spoke out against him in every arena possible after making the mistake I made in 2016.

Bill Clinton was a very bad person. A predator. Treated woman like garbage. Much like Trump btw. Yet many votes for him twice.

I havent voted for anyone in 24 yet. I will vote my conscience. I have the track record of bucking party of need be.

12. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    Hate to turn this into a Clinton thread. But what allegations were made against Clinton before the 1996 election?

• Like Like x 2
  13. thom1507

thom1507 All American

Oct 13, 2019
    It is indefensible behavior and shows astonishingly bad judgement. How people could cheer for it while using Florida taxpayer funds is beyond me.

All to try to garner the maga votes but at pretty hefty cost of losing those in the middle.

I’m not sure what’s worse. The gov or a FL legislature that’s silent on the misuse of funds.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. littlebluelw

littlebluelw GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    If I recall the only allegations of sexual misconduct against Clinton prior to the 1996 election concerned his propensity for adultery with the focus on his affair with Gennifer Flowers. The Paula Jones story as well as the other allegations including Juanita Broderick's rape allegation didn't surface until later.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
  17. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The issue wasn't the allegations against Clinton it's when they became public (prior to the 1996 election). The link is to a 2016 story and interestingly it reaffirms the timeline of when the allegations against Clinton were first made public by the media. The most serious one, Juanita Broaddrick's rape allegation wasn't made public until she gave an interview in 1999.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. littlebluelw

littlebluelw GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    See above.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  19. BossaGator

BossaGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Arlington, VA
    this kind of staggers me. In Florida now you have a governor using taxpayer funds in an apparently unauthorized way in an obvious effort to elevate his own political profile among his party’s base, that same governor punishing businesses for protected speech, federal district judges basically ignoring well established case law and clear statutory language, a utility monopoly engaging in electioneering, and no significant or organized resistance within the state to any of the above. It really does look like a banana republic.

• Agree Agree x 6
  20. tilly

Paula Jones. She went public in the middle of his 1st term.

Millwee accusations were late in his 1st term too I believe.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.