Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

So what’s new in DuhSantistan?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by jjgator55, May 18, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G8R92

G8R92 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 5, 2010

I don't know, maybe call the Governor??

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Coming from the U.S. Senator from FL, who is “they”???

Edit: Looks like the commenters responding had the same thoughts as me. Rubio’s always come off as unbelievably fake to me, but this sort of post reveals a general cluelessness.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2023
  3. jjgator55

jjgator55 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Rubio is the senior Senator from Florida but has no power in this matter? Don’t worry, the Governor is hard at work on the problem.

Then again…

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. G8R92

G8R92 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 5, 2010
    Does South Carolina really want our blueprint? They know about our property and auto insurance rates here?

5. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I understand that no math teacher is allowed to discuss any equation with the number 69. Good win for education.

• Funny Funny x 5
  6. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    Hendrix banned.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. gatormonk

gatormonk GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    This is consistent with religious/moral opposition as opposed to concerns about age appropriateness.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. audiogatorjim

audiogatorjim GC Hall of Fame

Mar 15, 2009
    I suspect the board’s interest in DeSantas ramped up significantly when they thought he may run for POTUS in 2024. Of course, he has not publicly committed yet but the possibility is enough for you guys to load your forum with innuendos, and theories to vilify and degrade him and any other conservative candidates you deem unworthy. I suppose it’s the liberal playbook. And, it doesn’t matter to you if the “theories” are untrue and blatant exaggerations.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    He can't publically commit because he would have to resign. Serious question, how do you feel about him using taxpayers funds for his "book tour?" I thought conservatism was about fiscal responsibility?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  11. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    No it ramped up when
    Immigrant flights to Marthas Vineyard.
    Lapado forced on UF
    DA fired
    School board replaced
    Dont say gay
    Book ban
    6 week abortion ban
    I could go on. It has to do with how his actions impact me and my family and our quality of life.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  12. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Celibacy for thee, but not for me crowd writing policies.

13. audiogatorjim

Mar 15, 2009
    If he broke a law, he should suffer the legal consequences; like Joe and Hunter Biden should.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  14. swampbabe

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    That is a sad attempt at whataboutism. In the state of Florida we have a "resign to run" law. Please educate yourself so that you don't look foolish.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  15. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I don't know, I feel like telling a bunch of strangers unprovoked how much smarter you are than your son who doesn't talk to you anymore is pretty on-brand for a certain MAGA-type.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. audiogatorjim

Mar 15, 2009
    Just so I know, were you going to house and feed these immigrants? Maybe, let’s clear out Tolbert and Jennings dorms and put them there. Did the administration alert states and cities they were going to have to deal with bus loads of immigrants immediately? I think not, inasmuch as they inexplicably blindsided cities with plane loads of immigrants flying in at early hours of the morning. The entire action was cloaked with deception and secrecy; perhaps you explain why was that?
    Obama and Martha’s Vineyard residents were aghast at having the immigrants in their cozy enclave; they did not open their doors. It was pretty ironic and showed the elite’s hypocracy on this issue.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    TOTAL RUMOR I just heard at a lunch with a bunch of political types, none of which are in a position to know this, probably passing on third or fourth hand gossip that might be BS in the first instance.

We all know DeSantis has no personality, which is hurting him.

We all know his wife Casey is very personable, has all the charisma he lacks.

Long time plan to use her a lot to promote his fortunes when his lack of personality became an issue..

Hasn't happened yet, which surprises.

RUMOR: Ron's aides think she plans to Keri Lake him and promote herself, maybe with DT as second on ticket, based on some her staff's drafts and statements. Nothing about whether anyone has expressed their suspicions to him, likely not.

No idea if true, but interesting. Worth what you paid for it

• Creative Creative x 1
  18. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    his war on work along with attempting to increase government regulations on Disney are desantis’s priorities.

meanwhile….

“This is the worst teacher and staff shortage we've ever seen in the state of Florida,

His daughter was without a science teacher for half of last year as well. "So this is something that's happening and impacting our students, our kids, every day," Spar said. "When you talk about over 5,000 vacancies, you're literally talking about hundreds of thousands of students that are not being taught by a certified teacher in their classroom."

Florida has 5,294 teacher vacancies, the state education association says, compared with 2,217 vacancies in January 2019 when Gov. Ron DeSantis took office.

Teachers say they are leaving because of low pay and DeSantis' education policies, dubbed the "war on woke."

Florida combats colossal teacher shortage

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  19. audiogatorjim

Mar 15, 2009
    Typical liberal response filled with inaccuracies and obfuscation. Nice try.​

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. swampbabe

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL

Stop reading garbage websites and watching Fox. It's making your brain soft.

Cape Cod residents host Venezuelan migrants sent to Martha's Vineyard

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.