Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

So what’s new in DuhSantistan?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by jjgator55, May 18, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    I can't lie, I've been known to finish a really good dessert with a finger when the spoon is no longer effective. I just don't do it when there are other people around to see lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. GrandPrixGator

GrandPrixGator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007

• Funny Funny x 9
  3. jjgator55

jjgator55 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Between him and Trump I don’t know which one has the more disgusting and unhealthy eating habits. I have to wonder if he licks his plate when he’s finished. His expanding waistline says he probably does.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Florida Senate poised to pass bill making it a felony to provide a ride to undocumented aliens or to allow them into your home.

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to be imprisoned.

5. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    I feel bad for the taxi and Uber/Lyft drivers. Are they supposed to ask for papers or just guess who is legal and who is undocumented?

6. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    This made me laugh really hard. Infamous white supremacist calls out DeSantis ally (and his handpicked New College trustee) Christopher Rufo for engaging in race baiting:
    [​IMG]
    Even the white power folks are like, "Bro, it's really obvious what you're doing."

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  7. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    When Richard Spencer calls you a Race Baiter......

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    I didn’t see this on any thread. Desatan strikes again apparently. Not a lot of detail so I’m going off what’s happened broadly to date to judge this story.

Florida English professor fired after parent complaint over racial justice lessons

An English professor in Florida was fired this week over what he said was his decision to teach racial justice lessons in his class.

Samuel Joeckel, a professor of English at Palm Beach Atlantic University, said in an Instagram poston Thursday that his contract was not renewed for him to teach during the next academic year after his university was “influenced” by the “toxic political ideology” of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R).

“They did this for a clear reason: my decision to teach and speak about racial justice,” Joeckel said. “The timing of this is not a coincidence as we are dealing with an ‘anti-woke’ crusade from Governor DeSantis and other far-right politicians and activists.”

Joeckel said he first became aware of the potential for his contract to not be renewed last month, when the dean and provost waited for him outside his classroom to tell him that it would not be renewed until the university reviewed his syllabus and PowerPoint presentations on racial justice to ensure that he is not “indoctrinating” students.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    This is good. Too many social justice idiots out there wasting students time on the new libbie cause. If these teachers spent more time on a unifying lesson rather than divide us with crt BS, we’d be a better country.
    Desantis may not be the ideal presidential candidate, but at least he raises good points about how to stop the libbie zealots.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    So social in justice just doesn't exist? It's college, not elementary school. They are young adults who can choose to take a class or not. Professors are ranked by former students, can they not read? Government overreach again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Not all that surprising as PB Atlantic is a small private Christian college with more parochial interests, not a public university.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Before too long you can impose your religious and social viewpoints on everyone. I’m rooting for you!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  14. jjgator55

jjgator55 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
  15. jjgator55

jjgator55 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    That’s a noble act on his part. Being willing to sacrifice your livelihood by standing up for the American value of academic freedom is an honorable and noble thing to do. This kind of thing scares the scat out of people like DuhSantis.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    It turns out that DeSantis was trans-located. He was "geographically raised" in Tampa Bay, but he is really a person from Northeastern Ohio or Western Pennsylvania. Apparently, people in Tampa Bay don't attend church, aren't hard working, and hate America, or something.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Private? Rules are different. Can be as reactionary as they like.

18. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    This is very sad:
    Students switch up college plans as states pass anti-LGBTQ laws
    Cody Nobles hopes to study environmental science or marine biology at a college on a shoreline town, where he can observe ocean life firsthand.

But after his native Florida adopted legislation restricting LGBTQ rights, Nobles, who is gay, is planning to find a similar environment in a different political climate. The 19-year-old says he wouldn't have to worry as much about discrimination or even physical assault in California.

“I came to reality and realized that I might actually have to involve those things into where I go, because you never know where I might be going," Cody said, expressing concern about the possibility of having to attend school in "a place that has a record of hate crimes or a very old-fashioned point of view when it comes to gender.”
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I have some choice words for the pieces of garbage who take joy and driving LGBTQ people out of this state.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    That's funny. Not sure why he would deny his TB roots.

Don't think many of those working class folks from Ohio/Pa went to Harvard/Yale. Tho he tries to downplay that also.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Everything about the guy is fake except for his racism and homophobia, right down to his 5 inch lift boots.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.