Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

So what’s new in DuhSantistan?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by jjgator55, May 18, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Nope. If true that is bad. Don't like the moving of the abortion time frames. I thought the 24 week abortion law was a good compromise for all. Making some really bad decisions that will make me give pause to voting for him again.

• Like Like x 2
  2. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    ???

It was a terrible disease.

• Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  3. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    The risk benefit to young healthy people never made it necessary for that group. Never.

Yet we ignored this reality and ignored natural immunity as well in the push to coerce every single person to take the shot. It was the antithesis of medicine.

And you are just guessing as to how things would have played out if handled differently.

4. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    You and I seem to be in lockstep. Two daughters, senior year at UF and UCF, son senior year in high school. It changed them but nothing like being drafted

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Covid was a terrible psyop based on a wholly fraudulent test, which fostered uncontrollable panic, which had to be especially disastrous for the frail elderly.

6. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Actually we knew and know who is affected by this disease.

United States…obese and unhealthy. Did not do as well as a country that was healthier. Same when comparing states.

I agree with a good bit of what you are getting at. Some countries or states were affected differently and partially by chance as the disease did appear to attack seasonally for different regions. But at the end of the day. If you were older and unhealthy. It was especially bad. If you were unhealthy. Risk increased. If you weee healthy. Almost no risk.

The real kicker is if we had put more into the monoclonals when Delta was surging and shifting them for omicron as time went on…we would have likely saved far more lives. But we wanted to focus on a shot that did not work outside a short period with alpha.

7. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    ‘Obese’, whatever that means, does not equal unhealthy.

8. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    From Born to be Free ….. I mean The Courage to be Free. The author nails DeSantis.

“It’s unclear what happened to the DeSantis of a decade ago, a boilerplate libertarian and founding member of the House Freedom Caucus who was mainly preoccupied with fiscal austerity and privatizing Medicare and Social Security. His 2011 book contained numerous tributes to “limited government.” Now, he says, in his typically windy way, anything he does that looks suspiciously intrusive is in fact a cleansing measure, purging public life of excess politicization: “For years, the default conservative posture has been to limit government and then get out of the way. There is, no doubt, much to recommend to this posture — when the institutions in society are healthy. But we have seen institution after institution become thoroughly politicized.”

Fewer than 20 pages later, DeSantis proposes making about 50,000 federal employees — currently apolitical civil servants — into “at-will employees who serve at the pleasure of the president.” By any measure, this would amount to politicization on steroids.

Reading books, even bad ones, can be a goad to thinking, but what DeSantis seems to be doing in “The Courage to Be Free” is to insist that Americans should just stop worrying and let him do all the thinking for them. Any criticism of his policies gets dismissed as “woke” nonsense cooked up by the “corporate media.” (Rupert Murdoch’s Fox Corporation and News Corp, which owns the publisher of this book, doubtless don’t count.) “I could withstand seven years of indoctrination in the Ivy League,” DeSantis says, only half in jest.

The bullying sense of superiority is unmistakable, even when he tries to gussy it up in a mantle of freedom. DeSantis is not taking any chances: He may have been able to “withstand” the “indoctrination” of being exposed to ideas he didn’t like, but he doesn’t seem to believe the same could be said for anyone else.“

Preaching Freedom, Ron DeSantis Leads By Cracking Down

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    glad to know this guy isn't letting this go. still don't understand why a federal court cannot provide relief for first amendment and florida constitutional violations

Prosecutor's lawsuit against DeSantis gets fast-tracked on appeal | Reuters

March 8 (Reuters) - A U.S. appeals court said on Wednesday it will fast-track its consideration of a lawsuit filed against Florida Republican Governor Ron DeSantis over his ouster of an elected state prosecutor who pledged to not pursue criminal cases involving abortion rights.

Soros prosecutor's lawsuit against DeSantis gets fast-tracked by appeals court (msn.com)

Judge Jill Pryor, an Obama appointee on the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, ordered an accelerated review of Warren's lawsuit, which argues DeSantis acted illegally and "canceled the votes of hundreds of thousands of Floridians."

The case will be heard in the first week of May in Montgomery, Alabama.

Warren's attorneys appealed a Jan. 20 ruling in federal district court that found DeSantis' decision to suspend Warren violated the First Amendment and the Florida state Constitution, but said the court was unable to provide declaratory or injunctive relief. DeSantis has said he suspended Warren, a Democratic prosecutor backed by liberal billionaire George Soros, for "neglecting his duties" after Warren pledged not to bring charges against anyone who violates state abortion restrictions or bans on gender-transition procedures for minors.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jjgator55

jjgator55 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Since when?

11. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Since correlation still doesn’t equal causation.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    I don’t like DeSantis’ odds for a third term. Think he’ll have to run for POTUS

• Like Like x 1
  13. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    “Soros lawyer”? I see Fox has gone full Breitbart…never go full Breitbart.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    “Soros prosecutor” … good old Fox

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. jjgator55

jjgator55 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Well, obesity increases the risk of several debilitating, and deadly diseases, including diabetes, heart disease, and some cancers, but okay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    I’m amazed there’s still any discussion about vaccines. Mistakes were made about masks and some other recommendations, but it is beyond any reasonable dispute that vaccines were and are essential. It’s utterly futile to argue with an idiot who thinks he or she has found a principle. One would do better, literally, to go have a chat with one's dog.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I saw that, too. Warren didn't beat some hack. He took the office away from the incumbent, Mark Ober, a very well respected, long time prosecutor in Hillsborough County. Mark was one of the very best criminal trial lawyers I have ever watched. I voted for Mark every time he ran, one of the few Rs I have voted for. I did vote for Warren when he ran for reelection.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Interesting side note, guess where Ron and Casey DeSantis got married?

You got it, Disney World with reception at EPCOT, Italy pavilion. LOL

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  19. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    It does not. Rather, it often ACCOMPANIES said diseases and may offer a protective effect. It’s called the ‘Obesity Paradox.’

20. jjgator55

jjgator55 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I know, and of course you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink, but I’m from the belief that if you give me a garden hose and some duct tape they’ll start.

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.