Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

So what’s new in DuhSantistan?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by jjgator55, May 18, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    This tells me your offer to 'happily explain' was insincere, dishonest. I'm not trying to "trap" you. I wanted you to be honest enough to admit your motivation in pinging the massive number negative ratings on posts of people who challenge you or oppose your "opinions." It appears to be vindictive. Petty and shallow, imo.

In some cases I think you may not even read the post before you pin it with an icon of negativity, as it appears you did with the meme that instigated this exchange.

Apparently it was too much for you to admit it, preferring to cover it up with the false offer to "happily explain." A fraudulent offer, imo.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Sounds to me you don’t like my style. So I’m shallow and vindictive?
    Or maybe I am honest and I am going into protection mode….so I don’t get banned. But I do like participating in the threads, so I enjoy rating people’s takes.
    I am also honest when I said I’m selective who I explain myself to.
    You’re in quite the judgmental mood today.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    I don't judge; I observe. And occasionally comment as I did on this thread.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  4. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irony continues.

5. GatorJMDZ

Apr 3, 2007
    You got "bluked," it's purely a power thing. Relish them.

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    I am one who grew up in the segregated south and, even as a pre-teen, was appalled at the treatment of blacks. It shocked me to see young people referring to older dignified black men as “boy”. This was in the mid to late 50’s. It is a part of our history. It should not be ignored.

I’m intrigued by your fear of “guilt” and your attributing its cause to “liberals”. Do you, an avowed “conservative”, not experience an existential guilt about not only our treatment of black people specifically. but about man’s inhumanity to man in general? It seems to me that to experience it is a prerequisite to becoming a better human (though we all fall short to one degree or another). And why is that a liberal vs. conservative issue? Some of the kindest people I’ve ever known are politically conservative.

Are you honesty suggesting schools not discuss racism in general and our racist past in particular? What about in Sunday School in the context of the teachings of Jesus (but wouldn’t that expose children to the “guilt” you find so disgraceful)?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Of course slavery and racism will be discussed in schools.
    You have a unique point of view because you were able to live through those awful times. My father has told me about segregation as well. My father is your age too btw.
    I never experienced Jim Crow or segregation.
    When I was in high school it was actually blacks who targeted whites. There were many white boys bullied and beat down by the blacks. It was a real problem.
    It’s not as simple as let’s really get in there and open up the dirty details. You and probably most of the liberals who are advocating for CRT don’t realize what you’re asking for.
    You will put races against each other. It’s ineluctably so when many students come from poverty and lack the ability to process the complexity of these issues.

8. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    [​IMG]

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Winner, that didn't take long. Gator Jack

10. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Whoa there, partner! I never mentioned CRT. I don't even know what it means, nor do 99.9% of those who bandy it about like a weapon. Further, I'm completely unaware that teaching CRT is on the agenda of liberals, but there may be a few academic types on the far left who have floated the idea. One thing is for sure, though: DeSantis the Divider has seized upon it to forment angst on the right that liberals exist in order to destroy "traditional American values".

OB, that drives me up the wall and scares my dog. Liberals and conservatives have existed and governed, sometimes contentiously, since this country began. Until Newt Gingrich came along, I grew up in an era when parties fought bitterly, but usually compromised and almost never demonized the other party. After Newt left the scene, things calmed down until Trump descended on that elevator. Since then, liberals have been referred to by many on the right and all those on the far right as if they were alien creatures who have descended to destroy America.

DeSantis is not leading; he's feeding into the Angst!

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    You clearly do not know how vaccinations work and how they are brought to market.

There is ZERO way these shots should have ever been given EUA for kids when it comes to Covid based on the data alone. Science and Medicine violated all of their principles in order to line the pockets of big pharma and in order to convolute the data. It is evil what these people did. They used fear to coerce parents into unnecessarily giving their kids shots. Thank goodness a majority of parents have protected their kids from these shots. Which tells you that even most doctors knew and know these shots are not needed for kids.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  12. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    Good god, stop with the exaggeration. Everything you disagree with is evil, lol.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Dont discount Obama. He had a quick wit but also used insulting one liners to lather up the crowd. While the dems cheered it, it disenfranchised those already alienated by his policies. And aling came Trump to capitalize on the birther thing to get airtime to feed his ego and find his base.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  15. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    An insulting one liner doesn’t come to mind, and I doubt there was one which accused republicans as out to destroy our way of life.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Eh…

Why don’t you add something instead of complaining about the reality I am pointing out.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. GatorJMDZ

Apr 3, 2007
    Yep, every time you call someone ignorant or stupid in a grammatically butchered post, it is going to be brought to your attention. Remedy? Either quit calling people stupid, ignorant, etc., or learn how to properly structure simple sentences.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. jjgator55

jjgator55 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I know exactly how vaccinations work so save it for the anti-vaxers. Further, you guys keep talking about your data, but it’s usually from some Facebook post by a disgraced doctor. Finally don’t talk about how medical science used fear to talk parents into getting their children vaccinated when it was people like you who used fear to talk parents out of it.

Hypocrisy isn’t a superpower you know.

• Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
  19. GatorJMDZ

Apr 3, 2007
    Your "reality" is that if your advice had been followed there would be many more thousands of dead Floridians. Kind of like the Mary Mallon of GC.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. jjgator55

jjgator55 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I’m pretty sure we would all like to see the “reality” of which you speak, but no one I know could ever smoke that much crack.

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.