Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

So what’s new in DuhSantistan?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by jjgator55, May 18, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah, I wish FL was more like CA who just chose to discriminate against churches because they could I guess. Nothing like just making up crap. FL has done some things wrong for sure but this is beyond stupid.

upload_2023-3-6_15-31-59.png

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Please do.

3. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Thanks. Found it. Meatball Ron.

4. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Tjgators

Tjgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Most of those mentioned are what I call Big Con. Ben Shapiro, The Daily Wire, and the rest of Conservative Inc. exist for one reason and one reason only: to keep you from entertaining forbidden opinions. They are a release valve that herds those who would otherwise be genuinely right-wing (and thus a threat to the Regime) into bland, “acceptable” conservatism that threatens nothing. They are media RINO's.

You have to look into what corporate titans are running these companies and then you can choose who is legit and who is not.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    not a strong suit of either of the extremes

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. jjgator55

jjgator55 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I think I’ve made my point and only a person that’s dumb as a rake can’t see it.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    you know what RINO means right? so, Rs = some brand of conservative that is not bland & acceptable in your world???? OK

10. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    I value your opinions, though often disagree with them. "Woke" is a term - a dog whistle - which arouses the right. You used it in your post, as if Frost was off base with his concerns. I'm curious: what does that term mean to you, and why are you so opposed to Frosts concerns?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    Thank you for using civility in our exchange. I too value your opinion. I don’t think the word woke is a dog whistle for anything. Cons like me use the term loosely to describe some liberals ideas.
    Frost like many from the left, are repeating similar bits that they get from the major news outlets.
    He’s playing politics and that’s fine. I’m just calling him on it because Ron isn’t the fascist devil you guys think he is.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  12. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    I won't call him a fascist devil, but I don't think he is a leader. He's bright, but he lacks those crucial additional qualities I most value in a leader of people: a kind and tolerant heart and a dedication to representing and seeking to unite all the people. To my mind, he is unkind and divisive.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    By the way, you didn't tell me what "woke" means to you. More specifically, what "liberal ideas"?

14. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    I guess it’s pretty general, but the first couple things that come to mind are the bathroom and gender stuff. I have little girls, and I don’t want creepy men who may feel like being a woman, hanging around them in the bathroom.
    I don’t want creepy drags anywhere near my kids.
    I don’t want liberal strangers talking about sex education and then implying anything else besides traditional ideas about relationships to my middle schooler. And please don’t hand them condoms at school.
    I’m a very traditional, conservative person. I think of woke as liberals trying to push their loose ideas on families like mine.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    I don’t think many would disagree with the specific examples you mentioned. Similarly, if there are any liberals supporting such conduct, they are an extremely small minority. For me, a 79 year old who grew up with “traditional values”, I’ve come to see that some of those “traditional values” were narrow minded and didn’t show respect for the wide variety of lifestyles. I’m not recommending no boundaries. I am, though, recommending kindness toward others and live and let live.

That is definitely not DeSantis’s focus and message. One can disagree with liberal policy positions without demonizing 40% of the Florida population.

One other thing. If you look back at my posts, you’ll find that I have not railed against conservatives and it’s contributions to the national dialogue. In fact, I consider myself a left leaning moderate.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  16. Gator40

Gator40 Avada Kedavra

Apr 3, 2007
    That is not woke. That is twisting a word to fit an agenda and parroting what the conservative media and Desantis tell one to think. You're just using a word and trying to push back on what you perceive you don't like. Desantis uses it wrong also.

Woke was coined by African Americans, not some white libbie like you probably think, and it just means you are aware of prejudice and discrimination that you yourself have encountered. That's all it means.

It has been twisted by white conservatives, taking the African American's coined word and turning it against them and trying to act like what those African Americans perceive is somehow wrong and out of touch. Like somehow the white conservative knows better than what they've been through and seen and experienced with their own eyes and life. And then that agenda starts to incorrectly broaden the definition of woke and use it against the LGBT community because they see a threat there and the term is misapplied again.

You wouldn't want that for you and your family would you? And then to see people in power pass legislation against you and your thoughts? That wouldn't go over well I'm sure.

Yet here you are, cheering on a man who knows not what the word means and instead weaponizes it to his benefit and to punish those he disagrees with. Not just with words, but by laws and legislation.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  17. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    :rolleyes:o_O:eek:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Only a dumb ass wouldn't agree this. This should be fun

19. jjgator55

jjgator55 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    What you recommend actually is a traditional value in that in this country people are allowed to live and let live. I will also say it’s pretty much Christian values as well.

What the right calls traditional values is actually dogma that’s often bigoted and hate-filled. They’re actually saying “Traditional values are my values, and if you disagree then you’re wrong.” The Taliban has traditional values, and goes so far as to make their traditional values into law. This is what the Republican Party is doing now in some states. For all their rants against sharia law this is what they’re trying to impose against the American people.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  20. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    ... or acting as a bulwark against imposition. The left is practiced at hiding their imposition under the rubric of ‘tolerance.’

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.