Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

So we have a new House Speaker

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by danmanne65, Oct 25, 2023.

1. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    It seems the magnification of nonexistent problems was a greater problem than the procedures. Other than GOP saying don’t vote early and you can’t have the early votes ready to count.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Well, good thing I'm not saying that. :rolleyes:

3. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    This was among the stupidest things the Trump Campaign did during the 2020 election.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    wow. so, astute. he types it like he wants a cookie. America hater!

• Like Like x 1
  5. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    You said people went to bed thinking Trump had won. Past tense of to win, signaling the election was over. You didn't say people went to bed thinking Trump was only winning.

6. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Fair enough, I misspoke.

He had "won (in the eyes of many)" in the same sense as a team winning 5-1 in the bottom of the 8th has "won."

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    They were just getting their news from the wrong twitter accounts. Every legit TV source was saying it could take days to sort out the winner, but the remaining votes / mail votes would likely favor a Biden win. The NYTs "Needles" had Biden winning like 5 of the 6 swing states they were monitoring (IIRC) by the end of the day, including Georgia, at a time when a lot of us had written Georgia off as false hope ... the information was out there if they stepped outside the safety of the right of wing echo chamber ...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  8. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    I don't think people were expecting Donald Trump to break the record of popular votes, win Florida and Ohio, and lose the election.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Actually, Biden broke the record for popular vote ... ;)

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  10. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    I'm trying. See, I actually agree with you that law enforcement and prosecutors did focus on trying to nail Trump, and that's part of why he's being charged with so many crimes. The other part is because he's stupid, reckless, and likely committed at least some of those crimes.

But the broader point here is that's totally normal. Law enforcement and prosecutors make decisions on how to allocate enforcement resources. Oftentimes, that results in certain people and communities bearing the brunt of it. It's why there are such huge disparities between Black and white people when it comes to drug arrests and prosecutions, despite the illicit drug use rates being quite similar between the groups.

It's one of the many reasons why I criticize the criminal legal system. The issue I am raising with you is that you see this as a problem only when it's harming Trump, not when it's resulting in disparate treatment for others. It's hard to take your complaint seriously when you only care because it's happening to one specific politician you support(ed).

Last edited: Oct 25, 2023
  11. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    LOL! Gets me everytime...

I don't know how they did it, but....That. Didn't. Actually. Happen.

No more than a magic bat shat gain of function covid on a wet market. Behind THE bio weapon virus lab n China, where GOF was being actively developed. By incredible coinkidinky.

But we were told and sold both....

Like we were told n sold that Hunter Biden’s laptop was a "Russian hoax'...

...which was endorsed by like 100 high ranking spook runners, generals, and other Intel folk...

...and sold on (=carrying dirty water for) Biden inexplicably not knowing about Hunter's dealings, Biden family conveniently tomed and sourced windfslls, intel community turning blind eye, and running cover for him Bidens for decades...

Call us whatever the hell you will, but if you want to be accurate, begin with skeptical. Throw in 'broken trust'...

Of course, that would presume you give a shit about understanding what binds the 10's of millions of your fellow Americans who seem to grow with each indictment of the former POTUS, and who represent an incredibly wide and diverse swath of this country.

(...or continue to dismiss us as brainwashed cultists...were used to it, and pretty much think the exact same thing if y'all. C'est la vie).

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    The cultists were out last night eh? Good job electing a seditionist. No big deal. The pool of patriots was low.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    And what do you call yourselves, just go back and read this thread.

[​IMG]Each of our local libs gets this for participating so he, she or however they identify as won't feel left out

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Oh, hell he's into the gummies again

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    It’s up there but I give the nod to repeatedly lying straight to the faces of every American regarding the severity of covid early on in the pandemic. I think that might be the worst thing he did during his entire presidency. Who knows how many people that got killed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    This guy is a world class scumbag. He believes that doctors who perform abortions should be put into North Korean style hard labor camps.

And as an election denier, the chance is about zero that he would certify a Biden win in the next election.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  18. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    "Principles"?
    [​IMG]

19. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Democrats are calling him a Putin-troll. If that means he’s building an off-ramp to a catastrophic proxy war … I endorse!

20. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    He sounds like an evangelical on steroids. During his acceptance speech he talked about his wife being on her knees, praying to God for whatever. And unless I misheard or am somehow confused, he said that he once looked up and "saw the face of Moses." Why Moses and not Jesus I don't know, but please tell me he didn't say it.