Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

SI Article: Jabbar Juluke Excels at Molding Men, Not Just Football Players

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by ETGator, Jul 24, 2024.

1. ETGator

ETGator Long-Time Gator Stuck In East Tennessee Moderator VIP Member

Sep 15, 2007
    [​IMG]
    Florida Gators running back Montrell Johnson Jr. has grown under the tutelage of coach Jabbar Juluke. / Matt Pendleton/Gainesville Sun / USA

By: Terrance Biggs -- July 23, 2024

Legendary chef Anthony Bourdain once said that "there is no place like New Orleans. Don't even try to compare it to anywhere else." For Florida Gators running backs coach Jabbar Juluke and everyone from the 504, the city not only gave them life, but instilled a sense of purpose within.

If you look past Bourbon Street and the Superdome, the city stands as a testament to resilience, toughness and the sense of awareness that permeates those born and currently live there. One of Juluke's former players Barry Guy offered his insight on his former coach that help paint an accurate portrait of Coach Juluke as a man. The first two paragraph titles reflect direct quote from Guy, with an explanation to follow.

"The guy was about business. A winning mentality. "

Florida Gators RB Coach Jabbar Juluke Excels at Molding Men

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    He's making ME forget all about Juan Seider with his running backs classes and recruiting. I like the power backs we're getting. Now we need to find that all around back that has power and speed. Maybe we already have him in Jadan Baugh, or our 2025 running-back Waltez Clark? At any rate, we have a far more competent coach there than the last guy we had. I like what Juluke has been doing with that room.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I tell you something about Montrell - Check his posture and speaking when he first came here and check out how he did at the recent SEC media days.
    I am SO IMPRESSED with this young man. He is no longer shy and introverted at the mic. I see a supremely confident young man ready to make a huge impact on Florida Football this year. So glad we have him.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  4. muerte42

muerte42 Recruit

Sep 10, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    If you have a chance to check it out, I highly recommend the series "Algiers, America" on Hulu. It profiles the Edna Karr HS team that Coach Juluke turned into a national powerhouse. He makes some appearances (in full Gator gear) in the first couple episodes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2