Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Should The Gators Over-pay for Players?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by doctorg8r, Jan 21, 2024.

1. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Don't want to read but I will only say that the premise of the article should give everyone with a functioning brain pause. Just because the buffalo are running over the precipice en mass, we want to do the same? Utah...this past year...with a medically untenable QB...whose season eventually took a nose dive, with a coach who thought it was going to be THE best season of his career there.

Beware of what you wish for, you just may get it.

2. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    I would only add that the definition of a true blue blood (besides being "old money") is that it is also much like post-WW1 Britain: it hasn't learned that the game has changed. Mainly a bunch of pomp and circumstance which will come to a screeching halt when the next WW strikes. And so, they will spend with abandon to maintain their prestige, which has been cultivated by the media and whatnot.

As I say, college football (major college especially) IS The Blob that can and WILL eat a university if allowed. Ultimately, it all ends in bankruptcy, financially, morally or both. But as most of us think, before it goes that far, it will "morph" into a true minor league for the NFL. But we shall see who goes extinct before then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    it all goes in the same pot, and Texas collected $271 million last year just from football revenue not including any boosters. And yes, Condron and Hancock are fans also and they have to foot the bill.
    Somehow, I inserted part of my response into your text, but I don’t know how I did that