Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Shots fired at Trump during rally

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ThePlayer, Jul 13, 2024.

1. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    Why do people still care about the shooting? It’s just horrible, so surprising to see it here. But have to get over it, we have to move forward

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2020
    Hmmm, wonder why they were excluded? Was there “something” the DHS/SS did not want the locals to see, hear, know?

“Local Pennsylvania police officers told members of Congress that they were not allowed into a Secret Service command center at former President Trump's rally in Butler, Pennsylvania, on July 13, according to Republican Tennessee Rep. Mark Green.

The chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security, along with other bipartisan members of the committee, on Monday morning toured the Butler Farm Show grounds area where 20-year-old Thomas Crooks attempted to assassinate Trump over a week ago.

"Normally, according to the local sheriff, they have done these events in the past with Secret Service and always had one of their people in that Secret Service control room. Apparently, that was not allowed this time for some reason," Green told Fox News Digital after his tour of the crime scene Monday, which has been closed to the public since July 13.”

Pennsylvania officers not allowed in Secret Service command center at Trump rally, lawmakers say on site | Fox News

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    That only applies to elementary schools, stores, movie theatres, parades, churches, concerts etc.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. Bazza

Bazza Moderator

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    This lady is going to lose her job at some point.....I have no doubt about that.

So.....political points for Kamala, if she issues a statement calling for her firing by the DHS?

5. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    So this is where we are going? This assassination was planned by Democrats and Biden?

6. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    No no he’s not going to come out and say that. Just a lot of innuendo and insistence that we aren’t getting the full story.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    Seems fine to me. Dump supporters would just say that she’s a dictator issuing decrees.

8. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Legend

Feb 4, 2024
    Great analysis by Jack Posobiec. They failed to take out Trump so they took out Biden.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    As long as Biden gave "official" orders there's nothing here to see anyway. IMMUNITY BABY AMIRITE!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. gaterzfan

Feb 6, 2020
    What has happened to the real Donald Trump ... something is very wrong! No name calling, insults?? What the heck??

WATTERS: You've spoke to [Secret Service Director] Cheatle. How'd that go?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: She came to see me, actually. She was very nice, I thought. But somebody should've made sure there was nobody on that roof. That roof was a dead aim right on that stage.

11. gaterzfan

Feb 6, 2020
    Living in Florida, I understand the heat being tough on a person but ..... this is the SS operation to protect a former US president, no?

"The glaring security issues were rehashed, including the rooftop where shooter Thomas Matthew Crooks, 20, was able to perch unmolested by federal or local law enforcement. You knew the agency was in trouble when Cheatle’s reasoning for no snipers on that rooftop was due to it being sloped. Rep. Eli Crane (R-AZ) scaled the structure. It wasn’t dangerous. Today, we learned that Cheatle has yet to visit the site. Whistleblowers and local law enforcement leaks have painted a picture of total incompetence, which worsened on Monday. Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) announced that snipers were indeed on the roof but left their posts due to the heat:

NEW - Whistleblowers tell me law enforcement personnel were in fact STATIONED to the roof the day of the Trump rally, but abandoned it, citing the heat. They also say law enforcement were supposed to be patrolling the building, but opted to stay inside instead pic.twitter.com/aIVNSPHUF6

— Josh Hawley (@HawleyMO) July 22, 2024"

Whistleblower: Snipers Were Stationed on the Roof During Trump Rally But Left Due to the Heat (townhall.com)

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    I'll take some Arby's.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Secret Service relies on local police, it could very well be that they assigned local police to secure that particular building, and the locals didn’t. That was my theory from the start. Although it’s odd different excuses popping up (sloped roof, now “it was too hot”).

The secret service had their own snipers there, and could have positioned them on the roof. But i think the secret service snipers want the high ground looking outward, the secret service sniper team isn’t going to set up a position looking toward the president. That wouldn’t make sense.

Either way, if a building has a line of sight obviously that’s 100% critical to secure, and even if the manpower was mostly local, at least 1 agent should have been tasked to be “in charge” of that building. I suspect that to be the case, and 1 or more agents failed to properly orchestrate the locals (just look at the keystone cop clowns that tried to ram the fence with the police cruiser, that was probably them right there lol). Im sure they know who f-ed up, but they aren’t going to “name” the guy publicly, esp with right wingers frothed up. I bet they don’t even name drop in 60 days or whenever the report comes out, I bet we’ll eventually just be told a few agents were fired and/or reassigned.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2024
  14. gator34654

gator34654 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 5, 2007
    Arby's, you can do better than that, how about Checkers? ;)
    It took a beat down by a united group of dems and repubs to get her to resign but if you're ever in Knoxville, Tn I most definitely will buy you lunch! Glad you won.

15. Gatorcola

Gatorcola GC Legend

Jun 14, 2014
    Is that Hillary Clinton?

16. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    Nope those are Trumps words after one of the school shootings

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Bazza

Bazza Moderator

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    • Like Like x 1
  18. jeffbrig

jeffbrig GC Hall of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    Wow, this is quite surprising. Coordinating communication between different agencies is key in any joint operation. That's why there's been such a push for standards and interoperability across radio systems over the last couple of decades. I did a little quick digging... the Butler County Sherriff operates on a multi-county regional radio network. The secret service tends to use a mobile repeater installed in one of their vehicles. Not having members of both groups in some sort of command center to communicate effectively seems like a MASSIVE OVERSIGHT.

• Like Like x 3
  19. GratefulGator

GratefulGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 15, 2016
    Boulder Colorado
    Arby's Reuben sandwich with potato cakes, please

• Like Like x 2
  20. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    Yes very hard to refute.

“Mr. Wray said the rifle used had a collapsible stock, perhaps making the gunman less noticeable, and he confirmed that the F.B.I. recovered eight bullet cartridges from the roof where the gunman opened fire.”