Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Shots fired at Trump during rally

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ThePlayer, Jul 13, 2024.

1. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Once the shooter wasnt a leftist or Democrat, they had to blame something else in their multiverse

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Thanks. Consider me no longer confused.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Did you think they were going to blame guns and their ready availability? :)

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. ATLGATORFAN

ATLGATORFAN Premium Member

Aug 10, 2015
    can’t speak for others, but DEI came up as a possibility when the secretary of the United States Secret Service incomprehensibly blamed a sloped roof.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  6. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    :emoji_joy:

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Reminds me of these guys.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    bAcK tHe bLuE

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Saw a piece in the online WaPo that the local PD informed the SS they (PD) did not have sufficient manpower to cover the outside of the shooter’s building. So looks like the bldg was on their minds, and they recognized its importance, but they failed to do anything about it.

Secret Service was told police could not watch building used by Trump rally shooter — The Washington Post

Local police alerted the Secret Service before former president Donald Trump’s rally Saturday that they lacked the resources to station a patrol car outside a key building where a gunman later positioned himself and shot at Trump, according to local and federal law enforcement.

10. Bazza

Bazza Moderator

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    shoe.jpg

11. ATLGATORFAN

Aug 10, 2015
    You can compare and contrast the detail around trump between the rally and the RNC. At the RNC I see black and white agents.……And ALL business as it should be. That’s was a presidents detail looks like. In before the ‘he’s not president’. The secret service has more than 8 agents

12. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Indoor and controlled environment. Maybe no more outdoor rallies where republican lobbying allows massive numbers of guns to circulate amongst unbalanced citizens.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  13. gator34654

gator34654 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 5, 2007
    Wow, I thought maybe you were going to blame criminals instead of guns.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. ATLGATORFAN

Aug 10, 2015

I’m speaking strictly to the agents themselves. There is no mistaking people that have been there before. All the agents at the RNC are seasoned professionals.

15. ATLGATORFAN

Aug 10, 2015
    Also. To show I’m fair I will call out the people who are giving the female agent a hard time for yelling ‘where are we going’. ‘ what are we doing’. She very likely has no idea who else was hit or incapacitated and who was in charge. She has no idea the complexity of attack. Are her comms down? Is her head turned away. Was the first shooter a diversion? Could be a million things. What she isn’t supposed do is sit there quietly, which she didn’t. She spoke up just as she is trained and asked for confirmation of next tactical command. . No idea which one she was but she was not wrong

16. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Makes sense they’d beef up security at the RNC considering it’s only been Republicans trying to kill him and his last running mate.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    See, the funny part is that it's both humorous and true. What you describe as ridiculous "DEI initiatives" are really talent identification processes geared towards correcting errors. Napier thought there was a lot of talent in Florida we weren't prioritizing, so he focused his recruiting efforts there in 2023. Golden thought there was a lot of international talent being overlooked, so he has focused recruiting efforts there.

That's what DEI is. It's a recognition that the government or the corporation or the university is failing to generate diverse candidate pools or has an interview process with biases that result in candidates being overlooked. So they implement safeguards to ensure they're not failing to attract the best candidates and aren't failing to hire strong candidates because of their own biases.

You don't take issue when coaches do it because you believe they're doing it to attract the best talent. But for whatever reason, when employers do it, you and others assume that's not the goal. I won't speculate as to why. I'll simply say that you are outraged over a straw man created by right-wing media and right-wing politicians. What you're arguing against is better decision-making and results:
    Council Post: Harnessing The Power Of Diversity For Profitability
    Why diversity matters even more | McKinsey

P.S. As Duchen previously pointed out, the Secret Service does much more than guard the politicians.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  18. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    There’s a good Marco Wilson joke in here somewhere I just can’t find it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    wow you’re right. That’s correct. No idea how he got the ladder and gun to the building without any issues. Someone has to have seen him/ have photos.

20. ATLGATORFAN

Aug 10, 2015
    reallllly trying to keep this thread on topic so my retort with be very brief. First I couldn’t care less how any entity pursues whatever talent they wish. If a company wants to do it, it’s up to them and their shareholders. I believe you think DEI is as you described , but if it was…. Would Microsoft Harvard and MIT ( hardly right wingers ) already be dropping their DEI. third. What you described is not what DEI is or what is happening. DEI is simply a cudgel created post BLM to shakedown corporations and inject cancerous counterproductive policy. Microsoft Harvard and MIT don’t have to virtue signal anymore. BLM is gone so of course they drop this fictional ‘talent acquisition’ policy. Happy to discuss more but want to keep this on topic

Harvard Faculty of Arts and Sciences Will No Longer Require Diversity Statements | News | The Harvard Crimson

Diversity and inclusion left the Teams chat? Former Diversity Chief slams Microsoft for dismissing its DEI team due to "changing business needs"

MIT quietly ends diversity statements in hiring as leaders try to manage protests on campus

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1