Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Shots fired at Trump during rally

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ThePlayer, Jul 13, 2024.

1. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Remember when Napier made Florida athletes a priority for the 2023 class? ZOMG DEI!!!!! How about Todd Golden prioritizing international talent? MOAR DEI!!!!!!

2. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    We would all be much safer if they could all afford a gun safe too. Relatives with 12 - 15 guns will tell you gun safes are too expensive. He isn't alone. Too many unsecured guns

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  3. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Secret Service chief, as quoted in WSJ:

In an interview with ABC News, Cheatle said: “That building in particular has a sloped roof at its highest point. And so, you know, there's a safety factor that would be considered there that we wouldn't want to put somebody up on a sloped roof.” She added “the decision was made to secure the building from inside.”

Cheatle has pledged to cooperate with a series of congressional inquiries into what went wrong. A hearing is planned for Monday. "The buck stops with me," she told ABC News. "I need to make sure that we are performing a review and that we are giving resources to our personnel as necessary."

Sorry, she needs to go. The decision was made to secure the building from the inside? How would someone from the inside threaten the president’s life? Peter principal or DEI in place here

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Each President chooses their own Director. Quite frequently the new Director is a lead agent from the Presidential team - someone they have been around and are comfortable with. Very common
    Previously trump picked a friend of Gen Kelly from outside the agency and it did not go well as his command staff didn’t trust him and undercut his authority. Didn’t ladt long.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    @BLING

Not arguing but here is the quote from a WSJ interview I guess that’s where the meme came from seems pretty word for word.

7. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    well we aren’t blowing Biden for being a hero like y’all are with trump. That’s a key difference.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  8. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    The excusing Biden and accusing Trump is the point of my statement.....That shit has been going on forever, the draft dodger thing is just one example of many.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  9. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    She said the shooting was "unacceptable” so there we go.

I remember seeing her in an interview a year or two ago making odd comments. i thought at the time she seemed out of place as head of SS and was disappointed as that group always seems so professional and experts at their job.

It’s hard to tell how much of that rolls downhill into the field. Although I would think she’s in the loop for potus protection

hopefully trump sees this and if he wins doesn’t put unqualified people in top positions.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2024
  10. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Kind of nonsense given that the two buildings Secret Service snipers were on both had far steeper roofs than the one that would have supposedly been dangerous to cover.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  12. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    Let us know when we excused Biden for being an adulterer, when we excused Biden for being a felon, and filing bankruptcy 5 times and bragging about it, for when accusing Biden for being a tax cheat, and for running a fraudulent charity. Yes this shit seems to go on forever.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  13. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Usually heads need to roll, and it often makes sense to start at the top. But what if the plans were drawn up by a 20 year veteran agent? What if that was a man?

I’m not defending this woman particularly. I just think it’s premature to be blaming it on DEI. It’s like some of you all have DEI Tourette’s.

As far as the roof, that seems like a legit quote. Still doesn’t make sense for the reasons Ben noted above, the rooftop the counter snipers were actually on was both higher and steeper than this single story building. Reading that, it’s still possible it was the locals that didn’t go up there for “safety reasons” and that the Secret Service sniper teams were always going to be positioned as they were on the higher roof. Seems like with it being a “staging area” somebody made a bad assumption about it. You’d think a good plan would have a cop at every corner of the building, even if not on the roof. I assume their “plan” gets documented and signed off somehow. Would be interesting to pick those apart, but I’m sure they are classified for obvious reasons.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    Jeez you are looking past much there...as long as you are pretending why didn't you pretend Biden was never the racist he is. Half of what you say Biden never did he did and nobody on the left cares.

PS I am not here to argue this crap just mentioned Biden was also a draft dodger when a poster said Trump was, then you guys start this off topic garbage.......Sorry I even responded to this bull crap.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    I made the same observation up thread.

Gibberish answer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Oh, my friend, no.

17. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    That's part of the story that doesn't add up to me, I still believe it was just human error or just plain bad judgement and planning. When someone is on a roof, it's loud inside, they weren't a bit curious what the noises were coming from

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    That's just ignorant to think a person is a nut since he had 15 guns, could be a collector

19. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    A wacko is a wacko so yes it most likely would still have happened, he just would have owned the gun himself along with some guitars

20. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3