Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Season Ticket Price Increases

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by neutrino_boi, Sep 29, 2023.

1. neutrino_boi

neutrino_boi All American

Feb 1, 2020
    Full baseball season ticket prices (including booster contribution) for 2024:

Diamond deck: $1200 (+200)
    Table tops: $800 (+100)
    Middle lower deck, covered: $800 (+200)
    Middle lower deck, uncovered: $550 (+100)
    Foul line lower deck, covered: $450 (+100)
    Foul line lower deck, uncovered: $350 (+100)
    General admission: $125 (+50)

Season ticket sales usually jump after a successful season. On the other hand, there's this price jump, the 2024 home weekend series (not particularly appealing -- 3 mediocre OOC, SCar, UTenn, UK, TAMU, and MissSt), and a number of times I heard "our last year" from folks who sit near me in 2023. Tough to guess how this'll play out. Also, maybe UF-AA thinks they can get more revenue from single-game sales.

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    From 2011 (maybe earlier) through 2017, the reserved chairbacks were $125 per season. In 2018, the cost jumped to $175 and stayed there through the final season at the MAC.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

3. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl

Well hell Pete—I used to be able to buy a flat of PBR for $5.00 too!:ninja3:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. TheBoss

TheBoss Premium Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Gainesville
    If there are people willing to give up their season tix, they won't be available to be sold as single game tix by UAA. (I think the concessions are overpriced- I admit I have only compared them to the triple A ballpark in Jax and to movie theaters. They're higher than Jax, lower than movies.) Game tix continue to be a bargain- $16/game for prime seats for the best college baseball program in the country is worth it, even if the roof makes it colder for night games in February and March. I've seen posts on the Gator BSB groups on Facebook from people anxious to get decent season tix. A few times, I have responded that people should buy whatever season tix they can get and hope to move up over the years. I don't mind if some gripers are replaced by people anxious to get in.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    The law of supply and demand strikes again. If it doesn't work with this tough economy then UF will succeed in keeping the attendance numbers down. Better hope we have a better than usual winning season. Lots of freshmen arms to depend on. Time will tell.

6. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    What are the student prices? Used to go for free

7. MatsideObserver

MatsideObserver GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2008
    We were definitely spoiled with the ridiculously low prices at McKethan. I think the ticket seat costs at the new park are still reasonable but they are getting a bit aggressive on the booster contribution per seat IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    When I was a college student at IIT in Chicago in the early 1970's
    and could walk to Comiskey. Centerfield bleacher seats were $0.50. General Admission was either $0.75 or $1.00. Reserved grandstand seats were $1.75.

I had a ticket stub I gave to my son for an NHL playoff game for center-ice seats about a dozen rows back with a ticket price of $10.50. Also way back in the day.

Tickets get more expensive. Live with it.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. TheBoss

TheBoss Premium Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Gainesville
    Students still are admitted with their ID. Considering the fee they pay toward UAA, $1.90 per credit hour, it can't be called free, but it's pretty cheap. Just the right price for sitting on damp grass.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. TheBoss

TheBoss Premium Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Gainesville
    Tix sales are open today, so we don't know how many seats will become available from those "our last year" people, but going into renewal season, there are a total of 36 reserved seats available on the entire lower level. About a third of them are single seats and a few groups of three. Given how many old and gray codgers- including me- are season tix holders, a few will have dropped dead since buying tix last year, which may free up another dozen, more or less.

The one thing that might help new people get seats is UAA creating a rule with a requirement these prime tix actually be used. A minimum as low as 5 games/season would increase average attendance and still allow out of town fans to miss some games. The packed stadium during the post season made the games more fun for everyone, but USC fans.

11. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    How does Krispy Creme do their two donuts for a double thing for showing a ticket if there are no longer material tickets?

12. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Mainly just show up after the game and mention Gator Baseball and they hand you two free hot and fresh ones if the sign is on. If the sign is off then its cool and not as fresh. I always have my phone handy if I need to open the app but they never ask. Wearing Gator gear looking like you just came from the game always helps. And yes, no purchase necessary.
    My apologies if I come across sounding like an expert at this. LOL

13. medigatorx

medigatorx Sophomore

Feb 1, 2008
    So this was my first year back as season ticket holder in football. Had them from 1994 through Muschamp's last year. Thought it was time to get back in the game but I am realizing football is just no longer fun for me to watch (other than Friday Night Lights at my kid's school.) Was looking at online season ticket portal for baseball and only see 3 seatback seats available, and they aren't together. Looks like tickets just came available about 3 weeks ago. Did they go that fast? Are there really very little typically available when sales open up? Will some open up after renewal deadline 11/21? What are chances of getting 4-6 season tickets in seatbacks all together? Is this just a pipe dream on my part? Thanks in advance!

14. Gatorgal04

Gatorgal04 Lowly Fan Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    Titletown, FL
    Check again after 11/21 renewal deadline as some will open up. There was an increase, so some people will chose to not renew. It never hurts to call the ticket office and let them know what you’re looking for. They would love to sell you 4-6 together if they can.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  15. TheBoss

TheBoss Premium Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Gainesville
    GatorGal is always right, but it also would be smart to go ahead and pay a deposit, which gives you a little priority over people who pay a deposit later than you do. They'll notify you of the date and time you can choose your seats and you should set an alarm do do it at that moment. Every priority point helps for as long as you continue to renew. Over future seasons, you'll have the opportunity to move to somewhat better seats, but any seat in the ballpark is good and the quality of play is the best in college baseball.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    Another thing to consider is that sight lines are very different from at the Mac. The best seats behind home plate are not the first few like they were at the Mac. Rows 6 to 8 give a better view. For the regular season I sit just off the right side of the plate in row seven and when I went to the Stetson scrimmage a scout had already taken my seat. He agreed that it was a great seat to see the game. I sat close by. Row 6 wasn't bad.

And there is the possibility of getting shade for an afternoon game. Not something to ignore especially late in the season. Not really an option at the Mac. Funny that at the new stadium they don't have misting stations and don't give ice away like they did at the Mac. Looking to pay a premium for those seats.

That many chairbacks together is a big ask.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. TheBoss

TheBoss Premium Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Gainesville
    Today started the opportunity for season tix holders to change the seat locations and there are around 100 lower level tix available, plus a bunch in the upper deck, including a few groups of as many as 6-8. While I'm sure a few current tix holders will buy additional seats, there will be some decent seats- OK, all of the reserved seats are pretty good- available for new purchases. I don't know how many people have put down deposits, but a lot of people will be happy. (And some sad.)

I'm patient enough about football to wait for better times, and I'm headed for hoops tonight to see the team that may be good this year, but it's baseball that holds my real interest. Hot Stove Season!

• Like Like x 1
  18. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    Where can you view these? Website said un renewed tickets would be released 11/21, but there is nothing showing on the website except berm seating.

19. TheBoss

TheBoss Premium Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Gainesville
    This week, season tix holders have appointments to relocate seats to other locations- including any unsold or unrenewed- and to buy more tix, my appt was at noon today. I'm happy with my spot, but I logged in to see what is available. I didn't count the available seats, but my guess is about 100. That small number reinforces how popular the team is.

The only good thing about the price increase is that it may drive out people who buy tix, but don't show up. People who still buy tix are more likely to show up for the games or have too damn much money. I'm a strong supporter of having a lot of general admission seats- that's real seats, not damp grass- especially for families with kids, but also for fans who can't come up with a grand+ for season tix. Bigger crowds make games more fun and GA is the breeding ground for future season tix buyers.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    My family has 5 seats in row 7 behind the plate. In late season Sunday games when it is REALLY hot and in the sun for 5 or 6 innings my 91 year old MIL will pass on attending.

Sometimes my wife will go to work (she is a lawyer with a lot of clients) on days like that and listen to the game.