Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Scoreboard - latest on SEC & other games incl. scores

Discussion in 'Nuttin but Net' started by Bazza, Dec 21, 2021.

1. swampgas44

swampgas44 Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Thanks. I always enjoy yours. Seriously.

2. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Are you telling me that little green thingy wasn’t intended to denote sarcasm? By the way, I did praise White recently for taking advantage of the skill set of the transfers by going to a high pressure defense. I haven’t had any other reason to praise him in a while.

3. gatorinmi

gatorinmi GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Good win by Vandy in Hawaii.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    White had given Tre Mann time to work on pg for the pros, so Glover got fewer minutes. This started him thinking if another CMW recruit that played pg would get more of his time, he needed to transfer. We would be a better scoring team with him at pg.
    FYI worth.

5. jeffphillips21

jeffphillips21 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 20, 2009
    Vancouver
    oh please...he was always undersized and didn't adapt well to the bigger collegiate game early on. It's taken him time to adjust. Always blaming White can't be your fall back for everything, otherwise why aren't you coaching? instead of writing on a message board

6. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    Why aren’t you coaching is the stock answer to criticism by posters of coaches. When I got out of college, I chose to become a lawyer. Could I have succeeded as a coach? Who knows? That doesn’t mean that I am incapable of seeing the strengths and weaknesses of basketball coaches and players. Glover being undersized and not being able to adapt well to the bigger collegiate game early on is a bunch of hogwash, in my opinion. Glover’s stats in his freshman year on a per-40 minute basis were at least as good as Trey Mann’s, and that was with Glover being forced to play at a wing most of the time. Trey, to his good fortune and to a good effort on his part, was able to get the playing time that he needed in his sophomore year to develop as a player. Nevertheless, the Gators had a pretty lousy year last season considering their talent. They went 15 and 10 against one of the worst schedules that they will have for quite a while. Appleby and Mann combined to play about 61 minutes per game, while Quez played about eight minutes per game. The duo of Appleby and Mann on the court at the same time dribbling all over the place and trying to make plays by themselves resulted in other players standing around and watching. On top of that, when they did get the ball into Castleton, he would dribble around trying to create a play for himself rather than looking for open teammates. The overall result was an average team at best that was no fun to watch and which wasted the talent of other quality players. Assuming Quez was anywhere near as good last year as he is now, which seems likely since he didn’t develop at Florida, a backcourt of Quez at the point and Mann at the two almost certainly would have resulted in the team being substantially better. It didn’t happen. I blame that on Mike White. He has yet to take advantage in his seven years at UF of the talent that has been on his rosters. Ruzhnetsev hardly playing last season, Chiozza not starting a single game in his junior year, Hester shooting 57% from 3, but not playing in half of the games, etc. The bottom line to me is that we have a lousy coach who does some really strange things, including running one of the worst offensive systems imaginable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. jeffphillips21

jeffphillips21 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 20, 2009
    Vancouver
    A lawyer? That explains everything. Anyway, Merry Christmas.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  8. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    I’ll see your Merry Christmas and raise you a Happy New Year. And, the lawyer reference, as wrong as it is, is funny. I have certainly known some lawyers who are total a-holes, but I know many more who are decent, charitable people.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bazza

Bazza Moderator

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Folks, can we please just stick to the thread topic?

A little thread drift is OK - but that doesn't include driving the car into the ditch. ;)

Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Bazza

Bazza Moderator

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Conference play starts on Wednesday!

I'm excited!

We start off at 5pm on SEC Network playing Ole Miss at Oxford.

Road games are always a challenge.

At 8-4, Ole Miss is a good team so we'll have our work cut out for us!

So far only the South Carolina game has been postponed.

11. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    I think that we drove the car into the ditch, but I also that that they were interesting posts.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  12. Bazza

Bazza Moderator

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
  13. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Charitable? That's because your RATES are too damn high!

LOL - Just funning with you my good man! Have a great New Years and maybe the Gators can get back on the court if Covid burns out a bit!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia

Hey Bazza - Props to you my brother. You have been doing Yeoman's work keeping us updated on everything Gator related.

Thanks again!
    Happy New Year!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Bazza

Bazza Moderator

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Thank you @Gatorhead my friend. Happy New Year to you as well...it will be here soon!

As much as I don't like starting a bunch of threads when we already have what's needed.....in this case I felt we needed an ongoing thread to discuss where we stand in relation to the rest of the conference as we go through the rest of the season.

Even though we are not playing tonight - there's a lot going on.

Earlier Auburn had LSU down 18-1! LSU has since closed the gap to 24-18. Auburn has a really good team but as we have seen it doesn't matter how good a team is - what matters is if they can consistently hold their lead and win the games.

16. jareduf

jareduf GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Bala Cynwyd, PA
    Gardner Webb just beat Georgia by 17 pts.

17. HallGator

HallGator Senile Administrator

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    Texas A&M is playing at home and has a 1 pt lead on 2-9 Central Arkansas at the half

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. Bazza

Bazza Moderator

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Hail State over Arky 81-68, Ky over Mizzou 83-56, and Auburn over LSU 70-55.

Also aTm beats Central Arkansas 85-59.

Bama/UT tied at 33 at the half.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
  19. melrosemafia

melrosemafia All American

Sep 1, 2021
    Melrose

20. melrosemafia

melrosemafia All American

Sep 1, 2021
    Melrose
    Only 65 years I've been saying that. Are you at practice to see how well they look? Glover is good he would have been good if he stayed.
    He would be in rotation if he did.
    I think Appleby would have those stats or better at Samford.
    Even in our NC years we played 7 mostly in close games
    It's hard to have more than 8 in rotation.
    Think we will have 8 in our rotation, but u earn your time.
    J.J. should now be in rotation along with Felder.

If not then I will Agree with you.