Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Ron DeSantis next president

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorPrincess8, Jul 22, 2022.

1. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    If you want to get live info to populace, what time would you run it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta VIP Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Gallatin, TN
    Its so hilarious watching you people go back and forth on which of your favorite politicians are corrupt as if any of them aren't corrupt in some way.

Face it, you just like your type of corruption and want to abolish the other side so that ALL of your own policies can be crammed down America's throat instead of governming from the middle.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    If you think that the majority of Republicans support rioting and looting the Capitol and Pence unilaterally deciding the presidency in favor of Trump, then I don't know what to tell you. You don't understand the typical Republican voter.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Primetime. And I'd hire a production crew.
    Thats what we are saying.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. tilly

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    I wonder if the process of electing people only attracts narcissists. Maybe choosing by lots would be better.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    I said people who committed crimes should be prosecuted. Congressional hearings on prime time are far from the best form of accountability and are much more about politics than they are about justice.

Congress, as it is today, is a cesspool.

If Trump gets a fair trial for crimes he (may have) committed, I'm fine with that. I just don't want selective prosecutions.

I'm not watching them. :D But I want to know what happened. I can learn that by reading about it. It's not like the media is ignoring it, and it's not like I only read right-wing media. :D I've already said there are some people who have damaged their own reputation from this ordeal beyond repair in my eyes. One of those people are Jim Jordan.

I already had an opinion of Trump, I just think after he lost, his administration, and people that he answers to, almost lost control of him. Thankfully, the people in power did the right thing.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  8. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    If he left office on November 3rd, 2020, I would agree with you.

At the end of the day, it's a binary choice. I'd have to see who his opponent is. But I'd feel dirty if I felt compelled to vote for him again.

We need to be better.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    I like a lot of what you said, here. I do think that the conscious decision to not watch the hearings will leave you less informed. There’s just no good reason to boycott the hearings. At least you could make informed decisions on what you agree and disagree with. Reading summaries is not quite the same, as it will be filtered by the author’s biases.

I think the Republican strategy is intentional frustration of Democrats via willful ignorance.

10. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    I think it’s lazy to throw your hands up and say everyone sucks and everything sucks. Do some leg work and choose the best path.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    So people who want to know the truth straight from the REPUBLICANS who were involved are drama queens? That's ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  12. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Fascism and dictatorship appeal to you?

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    There's "some" good reason. If you're using that time to feed the poor, your family, etc. :D

I know I'm being a wise guy, but let's not be dramatic here. I didn't watch the Benghazi hearings either. All of these Congressional hearings are mostly BS with some utility, some new information, and some good points nobody thought about before sprinkled in somewhere in there.

It's yet another area where I feel like you can rely on the media (despite the fact that they've lost plenty of trust). I don't think it's reasonable to expect people to go home from work and watch CSPAN every day.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Not true. The Dems haven't tried to overturn a legitimate election, like Trump's party has.

15. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    That is simply ridiculous. How could Pelosi allow Pubs that were going to be subpoenaed to be placed on the committee? Totally absurd. Also the McCarthy bozos stated publicly that their intention was to sabotage the committee..... useful idiots right there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. tilly

Success! I got a "Cmon man" from a liberal and a conservative here!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Bonding with your kids by watching Rays games with them probably does more good than watching the January 6th hearings.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    :emoji_eye:
    Ok, understood. I can respect that.

But… I will be watching your comments on the matter from here on out to see if you are speaking incorrectly on things you could have learned from the hearings :emoji_eyes::emoji_eye:

;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Hey, if you correct me... I'm happy to learn.:)

One of the reasons why stepping out of your echo chamber is a good thing.

I had a real moment when @gator_lawyer shared with me the Judge Luttig article from CNN.

Opinion: The Republican blueprint to steal the 2024 election | CNN

I still have my share of skepticism of conclusions drawn by the judge, but I definitely think this is worth reading.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. tilly

The production. That is made to appeal to drama queens

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1