Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Ron DeSantis next president

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorPrincess8, Jul 22, 2022.

1. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015

Cheney is not a liberal, but she's become basically a useful idiot Republican by doing everything in her power to try and keep this in the news cycle as long as humanly possible and mentioning it at every available opportunity. The Republican Party position should be "what happened was terrible, anybody who committed crimes should be prosecuted, this doesn't represent the country or the party, we should move on."

Within the first five minutes of the first night of the hearings, the chairman of the hearings basically compared "justifying" January 6th to "justifying "the Klan" and "public lynchings."

You can't blame people for thinking the whole thing is a waste of time when you lead with crap like that. You also call witnesses whose entire testimony is hearsay denied by secret service officials "bombshell witnesses."

I don't think we should completely dig our heads in the sand, but I don't think you need to watch the full hearings to be aware of what happened either. There's a lot of BS in between anything that's actually useful. And many of the things that were useful were already known before the hearings.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 6
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    They can't handle the truth. They (Ben, Tilly...) just really hate it because it makes their side look really really bad. They'd prefer to sweep everything under the rug and move on. But the country needs to know what happened. That's why you put the hearings on prime time TV.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  3. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Very good post. Some of these guys (posters on this thread) are really disappointing with their take on this. Guys I often don't agree with but do have respect for. We had an attempted coup and folks just want to sweep it all under the rug for political reasons, because it makes Republicans look bad. Party first, country second.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. luvtruthg8r

luvtruthg8r Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    But it has been shown over and over that it DOES represent the party!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    All evidence is prejudicial ;)

I would much rather have Liz calmly speaking and going through the evidence than schiff talking.

For some it is apparently worse than the choke at Doak. Damn constitution.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I think that these hearings are a borderline waste of time. If the party that controls the White House, House & Senate have prime time hearings like this calling Jan 6th an existential threat to democracy... And then decide not to indict Trump for their own political reasons, then I would say the hearings are pure theater - just to damage Trump and keep him around as a damaged opposition party leader. If they don't indict Trump what does that say about the seriousness of the alleged 'crime'?

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Why should we just move on with no accountability for the orchestrators? This makes zero sense, brother. Is that how we should treat high crimes and conspiracy? Just move on? What is the deterrent for the next President to not try the same thing if we are going to just move it along? It might be a Democrat next time… who knows…

But the bigger question is why don’t you want to see Trump punished to the fullest extent? I certainly would want Biden to get punished if he did this.

At minimum, I’m watching the proceedings. I’m not just going to shut my eyes and cover my ears.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    The party that controls the White House, House & Senate are not running the commission hearings.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Dude. I... Hate.... Trump. He is a traitorous narcissist. However, I have better things to do than watch the proof of what I already know.

The primetime thing placed in the time slot is for drama queens. (Not the serious C-SPAN types) and I have Rays games to watch.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

A reality show made for TV.
    I dont watch these things at noon, I'm sure not working all day and coming home to the family and gathering around this production.

I didnt watch Clinton/Monica stuff either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    I'm all for DeSantis, like I've stated many times I don't believe Trump will run but if he does most will never enter since they wouldn't have a chance

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    You're laughing at Desantis? Don't you live in Minnesota

• Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  13. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    A large part of America would love for Trump to run again, if he does it's his nomination. I personally don't think he should but if he did, I wouldn't hesitate for second to give him my vote and I would be extremely happy to have him as our President once again

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  14. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    1% of the committee's work has been on TV. The other 99% has been off-camera, and it has been hugely important. We have gone from knowing that a bunch of crazies invaded the Capitol Building to learning that there was a huge conspiracy going on with the goal being to overthrow our democracy. We also learned that our president, many elected officials, government bureaucrats and outside advisors were involved in the conspiracy and deserve to be punished for it. Bringing all of this to the attention of the citizens is invaluable.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Yes, I do without any doubt. If they wanted this to be legit Pelosi should have let McCarthy, choose what republicans to be on the Jan 6th panel. This is a complete sham just like the impeachment joke

• Come On Man Come On Man x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Ridiculous comment. Ridiculous comment. And that's why you're permitted to make dumb ass comments like you just did

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  17. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Isn't that what Bidens doing at our border

• Come On Man Come On Man x 4
  18. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    [​IMG]

19. PerSeGator

PerSeGator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2014
    Yep. It's not all that complicated. They lose more votes than they gain by holding Trump accountable.

So they ignore/deny his misconduct, and, as typical, try to position the people who won’t do that as the true villains.

It’s really pretty standard stuff at this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    A shit show