Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Ron DeSantis next president

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorPrincess8, Jul 22, 2022.

1. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Lol. He is evil to Dems, because he’s a lot of things trump wasn’t, namely smart, rational, a good person. Trump was the opposite of all those. But I get why you fear him. He will be a two term president. Sucks for you guys. Maybe find someone by 32. Good luck

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    While I think DeSantis has the potential to be a strong candidate I wouldn't count my proverbial chickens before they hatch if I were you. The former president currently residing in his version of the Palace of Versailles in Palm Beach is still the favorite of Republicans by a fairly significant margin according to the polls and even if DeSantis ends up with the nomination the former guy will not go gently into that good night. He could very well run as an independent or third party candidate and even if he doesn't go quite that far he will still claim that the nomination was stolen from him much the same way that he has claimed that the presidency was stolen from him in the 2020 election. Donald Trump has demonstrated that he is incapable of accepting defeat and unless he is miraculously cured of his narcissistic personality disorder that's not going to change over the next two years. While it's extremely unlikely that they would vote for a Democrat it's a mistake to assume that every Republican who voted for Trump in the Republican primaries will vote for DeSantis in the general election. Keep in mind that in our electoral college system if a candidate loses a state by less than one percent of the vote he/she loses every electoral vote in that state and enough disgruntled members of the Cult of Donald could affect the vote in several states either by staying home or by voting for a third party candidate. As a reminder Hillary Clinton lost PA, MI and WI by less than one percent of the electoral vote and that margin was enough to throw the election to the orange guy.

Additionally, the Democrats are probably near their bottom in this cycle. The 2010 and 1994 midterms in which the Democrats got their collective asses kicked were in no way predictive of the presidential elections two years later.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
  3. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I am hopeful trump gets indicted so he just goes away. If he does go away I’m very confident DeSantis will be President in 24

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Rationally an indictment would be the end of a political career for virtually every other politician. If Trump were to be indicted he would portray himself as the victim of the deep state and his hardcore supporters would buy his narrative lock, stock and barrel.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Nah. It would spell the end on him politically

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Ilhan Omar isn't a threat to my rights. She's a random Congresswoman from Minnesota who has no real power in Congress. She's not the governor of my state who has spent the last couple years relentlessly attacking the Constitution and democratic values/rights.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

But she can actually be viewed as hostile to Jewish interest unlike DeSantis.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    What is "Jewish interest"? Don't tell me Israel. I'm an American. I owe no fidelity to a foreign country. Their interests aren't necessarily mine. I consider DeSantis hostile to my interests. And I consider him hostile to the Constitution.

I would say Jewish Floridians have an interest in being fairly represented. The majority of us vote for Democrats. DeSantis's illegal gerrymander deprives us of that. Does that make him hostile to "Jewish interests"?

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. tilly

The conversation was about jewish support. And your interests arent the 9nly ones.

11. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    How about the majority of Jewish Floridians? Do we have an interest in fair representation? And you made it a point to say that there's rarely a peep about Ilhan Omar. I told you exactly why she's unimportant to me, as a Jewish person.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. tilly

No one is discounting your opinion.
    And your thoughts about other issues dealing with RD are your right to have.

The issue discussed was these 6 protesters. DeSantis has nothing on his record to make you or any person of Jewish descent feel like he is antisemitic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Israel's national interests are not "Jewish" interests, as much as Israeli state propaganda would like that to be true

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. BobK89

BobK89 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    He behaves like a petulant child and uses the power of the government to lash out at his detractors while dumping on the First Amendment. That’s not a great leader.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  15. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    That definitely ain't true.

17. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Has DeSantis denounced Gaetz's despicable comments yet? Or Taylor Greene's call for Republicans to push for the US to be a Christian Nationalist state?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Why does he need to? Has biden commented on Omar’s numerous antisemitic remarks over the past few years? See how dumb that sounds? Come on man, you’re better than that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    He’s not better than this. It’s good entertainment though.

20. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

I know, I was trying to give him a chance though

• Funny Funny x 1