Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Ron DeSantis next president

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorPrincess8, Jul 22, 2022.

1. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Sure. But they arent likely to support the guy that supports Israel. I mean maybe these 6 dudes lol, but as a whole. Thats a negative Ghost Rider

2. dynogator

dynogator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Why do you keep posting nonsense memes?

3. tilly

Lol. That wasnt even meant for you.
    Not sure how I did that.
    See next post...

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. tilly

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. tilly

No idea. Its a glitch. Neither one was meant for you.

6. tilly

THIS is where the fainting goats gif was supposed to go.

7. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Boomer alert! Meme/Gif incompetence is a dead giveaway.

8. tilly

It's worse than that. I'm way younger than a boomer. So not sure what that says about me.:cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. luvtruthg8r

luvtruthg8r Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    DeSantis supports the Supreme Court's recent abortion ruling, which:

1. Makes the fundamentalist Christian view of abortion the law of the land in spite of other religions having a different opinion.

2. Since the Jewish religion does not outlaw abortion, and even requires it in some circumstances, this ruling is seen by many Jews as anti-Semitic, and, of course, DeSantis supports the ruling, which makes the full and free exercise of the Jewish religion a crime. Jews are very sensitive on religious rights issues, as you may imagine, especially if the government makes fundamentalist Christianity the law of the land while outlawing aspects of the Jewish religion.

When the campaign moves forward, the Democratic Party and its nominee will play this up big time, which will harm DeSantis' campaign significantly.

Oh...and the GOP support for Israel is NOT reflective of GOP affection and support of Jews in general, even if some of them actually do have positive views of the religion and its adherents. GOP support of Israel IS reflective of the fundamentalist belief that Jews must rule Israel for Jesus to return.

Don't kid yourself: there are more than a few members of the Republican Party who support Jewish control of Israel who view Jews and their religion negatively, and in some cases, VERY negatively. And don't forget that the same view of the prophecy that causes some Republicans to support Israel's existence under Jewish control, also sends all Jews to hell!

See:

Does Religious Freedom Protect a Right to an Abortion? One Rabbi’s Mission to Find Out

From the article:

"Judaism has viewed abortion as morally acceptable—and even required in some circumstances—for thousands of years. In contrast to some Christian beliefs that say life begins at conception, Jewish law says that life begins at birth, and that the fetus is part of the pregnant person’s body. This is widely understood to mean that the pregnant person’s rights take precedence, and that if the fetus endangers the pregnant person’s life or health, Jewish law would require them to have an abortion.

" 'The First Amendment, which is the first one that they enacted, upon which all other freedoms are based, was designed to prevent the exact type of thing that we see now: the merger of a radical fundamentalist type of Christianity with the state,' Silver, who is also a civil rights lawyer and a former Democratic Florida state legislator, tells TIME. 'This law criminalizes the practice of Judaism.' "

• Like Like x 1
  10. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    If you're referring to Cassidy Hutchinson as the "bombshell witness", only a small part of her testimony was hearsay. And that hearsay testimony has already been corroborated by two sources under oath.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Because it’s ridiculous, that’s why. This isn’t some Alex Jones false flag nonsense. These folks have been all over Central Florida in the last couple of months.

Just more rationalization.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. tilly

I listed it as an option. I didnt speak in absolutes. These things do happen though, so why totally write off the possibility?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  13. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Because it’s bullshit. Supporting the idea of a single Jewish state in Palestine is not supporting Jewish people in America or for that matter Israel. Supporting a 2-state solution in Palestine also is not anti-Semitic. Keeping Christianity and other religions out of government is way more important to Jewish Americans. Combatting anti-semitism in America is way more important.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  14. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Only responding to people questioning me. Good try. Your logic is lib logic. It’s why November will be a bloodbath. Don’t worry, I know you know it’s coming. That’s the best part.

• Like Like x 1
  15. tilly

The single jewish state is very important to a lot of orthodox jews in particular.

16. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    The primary difference between Trump and DeSantis is that Trump is completely insane and DeSantis is pure evil.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  17. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    As is a 2-state solution to many other Jews.

18. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    They seem all over the map though which is why I think they're tough to speak about as a whole.

Some are fans of Trump, who I would consider as being pro Israel with respect to Jerusalem and the embassy issue as examples. But most like him despite those things. Others don't trust or like Trump because of his support for and statements regarding Israel, his having a Jewish son-in-law, etc., but they will say that Trump is the best/only option they have and at least supports their desire to crack down on immigration, etc. Even those who do not like Jewish people - as someone else mentioned - think Israel (and Japan) are prime examples of how there is a double standard regarding other groups being allowed to have their own nations. So they will use that rhetoric because they think it helps make their point. Notably, David Duke himself supported Trump in the 2016 primary. From what I can tell, a lot of the people I am reading are more in the David Duke mold than skin head, Neo Nazi types.

19. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

You literally didn’t say one thing that was true in that post. Congrats. I’d think about taking down point by point but I know who I’m talking to.

20. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    I agree that it can be difficult for an intelligent person with some common sense to have a fruitful dialog with a moron. I am not saying which of us is which. I will leave that for others to decide.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1