Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Ron DeSantis next president

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorPrincess8, Jul 22, 2022.

1. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

They failed then. Because hardly anyone watched.

2. dynogator

dynogator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    If you say so, boss. Somebody should tell the Neo's.

I think Desantis is walking on the razor's edge of being the current leader of a heavily-Jewish populated state, and looking forward to running as a national candidate in a party that embraces white supremacy in one form or another. If the MAGA King himself doesn't run, DeSantis will assuredly covet his supporters, including those of the Nazi persuasion.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Show me where DeSantis is embracing the nazi persuasion whatsoever? It’s crap like this that gets people pissed off. You are literally making up crap.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

This!. The guy literally called it out, has been a supporter of Israel and yet 6 nujtobs define him according to the made up desires of some on the left.

Meanwhile the Ilhan Omar's of the world actually engage in antisemitism and barely a peep here form certain posters.

Wonder why that is?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Fully backing Israel's right-wing nationalist ethno-state is 100% compatible with what neo-nazis believe, that is their vision of the world. They are probably taking notes from Israel WRT their treatment of Palestinians, and their annexation of the occupied territories. They have to have somewhere to send the Jews to have their Christian version.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  6. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    I don’t think it’s their failure if Republicans refuse to watch. It’s a baked in response. Refuse to watch, then criticize the Commission for your choice to not watch. I’d guess that typically, the general population does not watch Congressional hearings. I don’t think it’s abnormal. What is different this time is the petulant behavior of certain people who are simply refusing to watch with the specific purpose of calling out that they aren’t watching.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    No, you’re ignoring the fact that DeSantis doesn’t come out strongly against these folks. Calling them jackasses just doesn’t cut it, coupled with the fact that it takes him awhile to do it.

Plants? Really?:rolleyes:

Again, this isn’t the first time these folks have pulled this nonsense. He doesn’t come out stronger because he doesn’t want to offend a part (albeit a small one) of his base. He’s trying to thread a needle and I hope it bites him in the ass.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  8. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    There is a big difference in smart and gaining wisdom through experience.

9. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    "They" thought Romeny and Mccain were Nazi's. They have a nazi psychosis affliction. It's a waste of time even trying to educate them, so don't waste your time.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

So now it’s petulant to not watch a glorified dem ad? Come on man. Nothing came from the dog and only show. It’s that simple. It won’t amount to anything come November. But you continue to think it was some life changing revelation.

11. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

No use discussing with people
    Who won’t stop playing politics. Let us know when you stop.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. tilly

Why do you roll your eyes at the "plants" part?

13. tilly

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. dynogator

dynogator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    He's still governor of Florida. If he's going to make a move toward inclusion of--let us say, alternative ideologies--it won't be until he need the votes.

In a way I am "making things up." I call it hypothesizing, based on political realities and current voting demographics.

Let me ask you this. Do you think Trump had white supremicist sympathies?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. dynogator

dynogator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    "Discussing," implies an exchange of ideas. You just want to to discuss with people that agree with you.

Why should I stop "playing politics," on a political board?

• Like Like x 1
  16. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    No use being alarmist. Much better to wait until you've actually been imprisoned for your political beliefs before you raise the alarm as to the danger. That way you can be certain that you only raise the alarm about what has happened, and not a theoretical risk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. dynogator

dynogator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    I hate that show.

18. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Once you start comparing trump to DeSantis. You’ve lost me. DeSantis isn’t an idiot. Thanks for admitting you made up the nazi reference. Let’s deal in reality. We are here to talk DeSantis. If you want to discuss trump, feel free to start a new thread

19. dynogator

dynogator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    You're chastising me about being off-topic? Really? The guy who went on and on about the "dog and pony show," that has absolutely nothing to do with DeSantis? Hypocrite.

At least Trump is DeSantis adjacent. Same party, same state, same ambitions.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    Your observation is an interesting one I've asked myself. It's weird to me as well, but there are no doubt members of groups like the KKK and Neo Nazis who at least purport to be Christian while not liking Jewish people. How does that work? Some of them argue that Jesus was, in fact, not Jewish. I've haven't gone down the rabbit hole to figure out how they've come to believe that. I'm sure others might only pretend to be Christian.

I'm not making any point about DeSantis here BTW. Just making a general point that these folks are not monolithic and can have some pretty strange beliefs.

• Winner Winner x 1