Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Ron DeSantis next president

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorPrincess8, Jul 22, 2022.

1. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Some First 100 Days measures from the DeSantis Administration off the top of my head.

Renew Obama’s Teach for America with a new twist.

Young people are again encouraged to teach, this time with a special “American Civics” core. Young graduates from certain universities and other young evangelicals are encouraged to dedicate a few years to teach today’s youth about the “real” American history they know, with a special Hillsdale prepared curriculum.

Parental involvement in education is especially encouraged, even required. Students are given special homework sheets on US history and other civics issues to work on with their parents, requiring parental signature, to ensure all the correct answers are learned by rote. A special remedial corp trained at Hillsdale will be trained for in home visits if the material is proving challenging for the parents to fully grasp. Solid record keeping of educational “progress” is required.

Amended mid-decade census.

Yesterday we learned that the Governor’s current Chief of Staff was part of the knowingly unconstitutional attempt to fix the census with a citizenship question. He knew it was unconstitutional and concealed his efforts. But that was unconstitutional under a former High Court in which a certain Chief Justice in name only had sway.

Time for a middecade adjustment under the new 14th Amendment lite standard. Not only will we include all manner of citizenship inquiries, especially with the new legislation eliminating confidentiality, we will also require everyone select one of two genders, and cross reference to their birth certificate. Any confusion or incongruity will be followed up with a visit from a specially trained counselor, steeped in all the “latest” studies, to help clear the confusion, with a new federally subsidized wardrobe as a gift to show your newfound clarity.

Special corporate lower tax rates for federally recognized “AP” corporations, meaning they are apolitical and patriotic, and certify HR practices in accordance with same. All voluntary corporate free speech.

Special path to citizenship for the undocumented that take an appropriate civics course and an oath to follow appropriate citizenship practices to maintain status. Foreigners who swear similar allegiance can obtain special voting status, especially Magyar and Russophiles. Otherwise, special federalized “citizen militias” will be authorized to enforce immigration law wherever necessary.

FCC licenses, especially a new internet carrier license, are renewed annually after an appropriate certification audit, with standards to be determined later and applied retroactively. Proceed now as you deem most appropriate.

Special tax breaks for “true” marriages as determined by a specially trained Sanctity of Marriage Council. Strictly voluntary. All other “marriages” remain legal but are subject to a special fee/tax to subsidize the Council and the externality/damage caused by their unsanctified marriage.

I’m sure I’m missing some.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. BossaGator

BossaGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Arlington, VA
    virginia is also an example of a candidate pushing the education wars and then finding out after the election when many of the vocal agitators have left that not that many people actually support him on those changes

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  3. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Off-topic x 1
  4. BossaGator

BossaGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Arlington, VA
    Awesome. Stale meme lord at it as usual.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    No offense to fairly reasonable and nuanced right wing posters like you, tilly, 715, and a few others. But a lot of the right leaning posters on this board represent the worst parts of the GOP. The reasons the party left me. No principles, just hate Dems.

The GOP ceased being small government. The part of the GOP I like are the Ron Pauls and the Justin Amashs. If you see posters advocating small govt and freedoms, that's where you'll find me. The GOP has turned into just its own flavor of big govt. And if my choices are two parties thay advocate big govt, I'll at least choose the one that seems interested in social freedoms for all.

• Agree x 7
    • Winner x 5
    • Like x 4
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Funny x 2
  6. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    Better than Trump

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    That’s a fair and honest post. You’re not wrong.
    Now if I’m honest, I’m not fooled by the GOP either. They are and have probably always been another big govt party in favor of gathering votes by saying the right things to the right people.
    I guess I’m not throwing my vote away on third party that has no chance. Oh well, I just don’t relate well to big government people who seem like they’re helpless. People I identify with are typically smal govt folks with can-do attitude and strong family values.
    It hard to unlearn for me.

• Like Like x 5
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  8. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    Awesome, you know it was a good point and you just wanted to play contrarian.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    That’s a funny headline… could also be written as “Trump has twice the support as the #2 candidate” or “Trump has the more support than the next 5 candidates combined”.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    Back in the 1980s I decided that Democrats were tax and spend and Republicans were borrow and spend. They had that one thing in common: SPEND.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    This whole Virginia as a national model is silly from the jump.

VA is one of the few true purple states. While it is currently blue at most state levels, that is a recent development that has been assisted by astoundingly bad GOP offerings. George Allen was actually elected here. And then they ran him again, losing that seat to Kaine. They then ran a MAGA Trumpist against Kaine. That’s basically giving the seat away in a non-R lockdown state.

Warner beat Gilmore, but not before losing to R John Warner first. Then the GOP ran Ed Gillespie, Bush PR man. You picked the face of the Bush years? Again, basically conceding the seat. The last time they ran an amputee vet with exactly one coherent policy: anti-LGBTQ. Again, not even trying in a purple state.

Neither party has won three straight governor’s races since the 1990’s. And the D’s went maximum dud IMO with retread McCauliffe. He already did it once. And it was perfectly adequate then, but nothing anyone missed. He then went on to be basically a rope climber milquetoast take-any-position-available perpetual campaigner. And Youngkin smartly avoided Trumpism. After pandering in the primary, not a peep after. He did keep the white grievance rage with CRT. But no walls, election fraud, abortion, etc. His was basically eliminating grocery and gas taxes. McAuliffe incessantly cited DJT in a race where DJT was nowhere. It was bizarre to watch him basically have no policy at all. And Youngkin could credibly say he just used DJT voters to get the primary and then shitcanned DJT when it mattered because in reality they were never an item.

The “lesson” from Virginia is always the same: GOP misses opportunities on the reg here. VA D’s are uncommonly organized and competent versus the whole, true, but just decent R’s could win routinely. The R’s operate here like D’s do nationally. Youngkin, also a paper thin bore, gave just enough red meat to the culture warriors and then walked back repeatedly to the independents, and never went Full Trump, and squeezed it out. That’s doable all the time here. Trumpism is a no-go outside of gerrymanders.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. back2back2006

back2back2006 GC Legend

Mar 1, 2017
    Shallotte, NC
    He puts Americans/parents first and not mental disorders like Bidenflation does.

• Funny x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  13. back2back2006

back2back2006 GC Legend

Mar 1, 2017
    Shallotte, NC
    You will see with your own eyes that Americans are sick and tired of being last with the Dems, the mid terms are going to tell you all you need to know and especially come '24 Prez.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Trump is still the favorite and keep in mind that he won the 2016 Republican nomination with 46% of the Republican primary vote that year. Although the situation can very well change by 2024, a 25% plurality would still be difficult to overcome keeping in mind that it doesn't take a majority to win a Republican presidential primary merely a plurality. Additionally, some states still award delegates on a winner-take-all basis or a system that allocates a disproportionate delegates percentage of delegates to the winner of the primary even if he (or she although it will most likely be a "he") doesn't receive a majority of the vote.

15. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    Is it possible that the republicans moved weirdly away from conservative principles? I used to vote republican when I thought they were for smaller government, lower taxes, I strongly disagreed on abortion but I thought I could work from the inside to change the position. It seems the republicans now are a weird mix of religious extremists who only care about keeping women barefoot and pregnant and the ultra rich who only care about their taxes. I support fair and reasonable taxes, lower govt spending across the board and a woman’s bodily autonomy. All are very conservative ideas but they don’t fit with the Trump parties values.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  16. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    I agree with this post.
    That said, it doesn’t move me over any closer to the libbies side.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  17. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Where the bar resides
    [​IMG]

18. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Could be a case of "be careful what you wish for". Although a referral to the DOJ followed by an indictment would be a death knell for a normal presidential candidate, Trump is not a normal presidential candidate. An indictment would enable Trump to portray himself as the victim of the "Deep State" a narrative that would play very well among his cult-like followers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Really? So in November when the perfectly predictable R +26/4 happens, I’ll know everything about 24 POTUS?

I am skeptical but I will be sure to check back in. To make it as easy possible, just start with the two nominees.

Do you already know?

20. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    'Americans' meaning like ~25-30% of eligible voters. Again with the "we aren't a democracy" crowd imagining American elections constitute a popular will of sorts.

• Like Like x 2