Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Ron DeSantis next president

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorPrincess8, Jul 22, 2022.

1. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Do you think that he should condemn this? It’s not the first time that neo-Nazis have flown a swastika and a DeSantis flag together and he has yet to utter a peep about any of it. This is not okay.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  2. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    From your link:

Yet a Turning Point spokesperson insisted in a statement Sunday that the group “100% condemns” neo-Nazi ideologies “in the strongest of terms.” Representative Andrew Kolvet said in a statement that neo-Nazis have “nothing to do” with the organization.

So they condemn the nazis outside but say nothing about Taylor Greene's speech where she wants to turn the US into a Christian nationalist country or Gaetz's despicable comments about women. And DeSantis has condemned none of it. The fact that he was there at all sharing the stage with Gaetz and Tayor Greene says all you need to know about him. He's one of them.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    well, that’s because you are are and extremely rude person. Easy to see.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  4. dynogator

dynogator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    You're absolutely right. His silence speaks volumes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I’ve never voted for trump. You going to revise your statement?

6. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

You didn’t answer the question from Tilly.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  7. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

So posting some nut jobs means DeSantis has to condemn every person every time some idiot shows up? That’s insane

8. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    @tilly
    Look at the company DeSantis chooses to keep and explain to me how any rational person could support him

Besides DeSantis, the conference featured speakers including former President Donald Trump, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), and Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.).
    I am asking you, Ron DeSantis, to denounce the Nazis that were here, here to celebrate your speech inside this convention center,” said Fried. “They were holding your pictures yesterday.”

DeSantis instead hailed the “freedom-loving young folks” in the “free state of Florida.”

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    I agree. Too many people get carried with the idea that every politician better condemn every bad thing that happens or else that means he's in favor of it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  10. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Actually, more importantly, I think DeSantis should condemn Taylor Greene's speech and Gaetz's speech. They were on the same stage and are in his same party. The handful of nazis outside were bad, but some of the people inside, on the stage, and in positions of power, and welcomed by the Republican party, were just as bad.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  11. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

So a couple nutjobs showing up outside an event is akin to support from those inside the event?

I guess abortion doctors are pro-life then based on the people outside?

Also, pretty sure most white supremacists dont celebrate Italian lineage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    The standard of achieving an indictment to prove worthiness of an Congressional investigation is not a real thing. The 1/6 commission is providing information to the American people and for the DOJ. Things in government move slowly at levels that high. It is a bureaucracy, after all. You cannot microwave an indictment of this kind, it has to be put on the smoker… low and slow. But, even if nothing comes of this other than the public is informed and it is documented historically, it is worth it. It needs to be all out there to prevent it being washed away by time. Let us leave no doubt about what really happened.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. dynogator

dynogator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Maybe just the Nazis? Out of political expediency if nothing else. South Florida has like the 3rd largest concentration of Jewish people in the country.

14. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

It’s been 1.5 years. I mean it’s either shit or get off the pot. Unfortunately trump won’t be indicted. So it was a dog and pony show like I said.

15. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

It’s called playing politics.

You are being redirected...

16. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    The fact this banger of an OP has gotten us to 364 posts shows that together, we really can accomplish anything.

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. tilly

Well he did call them "jackasses" and has a pretty stellar record on Israel. My guess is our Jewish friends are much more concerned about stuff like that. Than 5 or 6 idiots trying to steal 15 minutes.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. dynogator

dynogator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Maybe so, but an opportunity to condemn Nazism seems like a no-brainer of a softball. Without it, DeSantis might end up as the featured star in future Nazi propaganda.

For reasons to reassure your electorate every chance you get, see the thread about the militarization of churches.

19. tilly

He did. He called them "jackasses" .
    Said law enforcement was involved.

20. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I did not see that but I have serious problems with calling them "jackasses". That's Obama Kanye territory. Like the movie, idiots that present harm only to themselves. Nazis and their ilk in this country are deadly serious and dangerous, and his choice of words seems more to condemn appearances and idiocy than substantive message