Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Roe v Wade Overturned

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorGrowl, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    He has completely rejected his race in every way. He is a profoundly emotionally disturbed and mean-spirited man, and he can’t hide behind his supposed “constitutional originalist” philosophy. (You sooke of gray areas in another thread. That judicial philosophy is certainly one.) He grew up in the south and experienced soul destroying prejudice. I don’t expect him to be a knee-jerk liberal, but for him to have exhibited over his 30 years on the Court ZERO sympathy for his race and the prejudice they continue to experience is reprehensible and unforgivable in my mind. He’s an Uncle Tom if there ever was one, but I’ll refrain from using the term henceforth.

2. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    You are going to have to explain this one to me because I see an extremely principled man that rose to a very high position regardless of the obstacles placed in front of him. In other words, a man that might be admired. Can you explain how he has rejected his race?
    The fact is that he transferred power. If he had not he would either be:

1. Sitting in the White House this very moment
    2. Sitting in a jail cell in Leavenworth or its equivalent

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    But again, it’s “peaceful transfer.” Whether you or Trickster left that part out is the immaterial part.

There was a televised lethal battle that day that made every despot in the world cackle with excitement to see obnoxious America look like their own prison states and it was led by the DEFEATED ex-POTUS.

No concession, still lying and inciting, using his influence to install competent traitors in key power positions, and wait for it: running again.

A new reality show idea has recently occurred to me: “Ultimate Word Definition Torture Faceoff.” Episode 1: “Transfer vs. Sentence”

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    it is a clump of cells for quite a while with no concept of being alive.
    Regardless the person carrying it gets more rights plain and simple. Especially given the intense physical strain the process has on the body.

certainly we shouldn’t legislate what any one person does with their internal organs.

and also if this is such an important issue for you I’m sure you’ve fostered tons of children, and I’m sure you are a strong supporter of social welfare programs as well /s

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah.

As in, how many sentences have you been given in your life?

6. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    I get it "Orange Man Bad" (and I agree to a point) however, a fact is a fact is a fact: Trump walked out of the White House and was present at the swearing in of Biden of his own accord....he didn't have to be forced. I can't understand why some people can't accept a simple fact: accepting that fact does not absolve Trump of all the other bad crap he did.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Clarence Thomas isn't an originalist. He's a Republican. He's happy to reject originalism when it doesn't lead to the desired political outcome.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  8. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Simple answer: Zero, since I make it a priority to observe the law.

• Like Like x 1
  9. akaijenkins1

akaijenkins1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    And it's still up too, WOW

10. RIP

RIP I like touchdowns Premium Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Maybe it's the optimist in me but I can't imagine that tweet was supposed to mean what everyone thinks it does.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  11. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    He was not, in fact, present at the swearing in of Biden.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  12. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    :)

Do you knowingly associate with anyone who has been sentenced by the justice system?

13. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    My mistake then, he did leave the White House without being physically forced to do so, or am I wrong on that item too?

14. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Yes

15. akaijenkins1

akaijenkins1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Based on the shoddy tweet he tweeted to try to walk it back, I absolutely think it was. Especially because it was quote-tweeting Obama, so I think it really did come with extreme negative energy.

And someone in his circle undoubtedly knew that deleting it would only make it worse, it had been screen-capped to death immediately after posting

• Like Like x 1
  16. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    Trump was in fact the first baby in the WH in 150 years to NOT attend the swearing in ceremony. But make up whatever you need to feel good about the psychopath. Perhaps he was deciding which classified WH doc. he would steal to Mar-0-largo.

17. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Your life began separate from your mother and father at conception. You were alive and viable.

Science and Medicine show us this. It is disturbing that people will try and do what they can to kill a viable separate life just because of the stage it is at in the development process.

You were no more no less viable from the point of conception as a zygote to your first breath to when you actually were capable of living without others nurturing you years later.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  18. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    There is nothing funny about pushing to allow the legal killing of the most innocent for convenience.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  19. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    I acknowledge that my memory was faulty about the swearing in. However whether I feel good about him, or not (I don't) still doesn't change the other fact, which was and remains my only point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    I would view them as innocent lives. Not a big fan of embryonic freezing. A dangerous slope to play with imo. Not a common one thankfully. Right around the percentage of abortions that are not for convenience. But if one implants every one…