Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Robinson Released From LOI

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Jan 16, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thom1507

thom1507 All American

Oct 13, 2019
    Its so easy to spend someone elses money and blame them. As for me, I think the insurance companies have staked their claim to my excess. :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. tarponbro

tarponbro All American

Feb 10, 2016
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    It's your money to do with what you want but please just get back in touch with reality. We're not going to win championships if we don't pay enough to attract the top players at their positions. If you just want to win 6 or 7 games most years and maybe 8-10 wins occasionally then you're good with what you're currently doing. Start talking about UF's academic accomplishments or success in sports other than football and basketball in a sports oriented conversation and you'll probably be laughed at. That's what Vanderbilt alumni do. Do you want UF to be another Vanderbilt?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
  3. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    So, you’re just here to complain and demand other people foot the bill to make you happy? All the banter, the thread you started, all the questions aren’t because you actually want to make a difference?

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. tarponbro

tarponbro All American

Feb 10, 2016
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    Yes. I just did. I gave what I could afford at the time. I donated $20. I live on a very low fixed income. Are you going disparage me for only donating $20? It takes a pretty miserable person to do that, like some of you have already done.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  5. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    I want UF to win, but I’m not going to demand that other people fund my happiness with money that they will never see a return on. I’m not going to throw tantrums because the fans of other teams don’t mind flushing their money down the toilet and we get outbid for players. It’s not important enough to me to get out and raise the money on my own, nor to flush wads of my own money down the drain. If it’s that important to you, then do it. If it’s not, then quit crying about others not doing it for you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. tarponbro

tarponbro All American

Feb 10, 2016
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    I'm not demanding anything. I'm just saying what I think needs to be done to help UF get back to championship status in football and basketball and backing my statements up with actual evidence. If I didn't want to make a difference I wouldn't be posting what i believe. I just hope I can get through to some of you who think UF is doing a better job than it actually is in high school recruiting and the transfer portal, particularly the transfer portal this season.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    You gave $20?!?!?!

Woo Hoo!!!!

That must entitle you to bitch for another 20 years. :rolleyes:

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. tarponbro

tarponbro All American

Feb 10, 2016
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    I understand completely. Just don't think UF will be anything better than mid level and very occasionally making the playoffs if we don't change some of our methodology. Get used to losing to Georgia and maybe even FSU a lot more in the future if we don't change. Recruiting is the lifeblood of the program and we need to get better to seriously compete in football and basketball.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  9. tarponbro

tarponbro All American

Feb 10, 2016
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    Who's entitled here, me or you, the person who derides me for donating what I can. I just can't tell you what I truly feel about you here on Gator Country or I almost certainly will get barred from posting. How's this: HAVE A NICE LIFE AND BLESS YOUR HEART!!!

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. ncg8or

ncg8or All American

May 28, 2007
    So is Robinson coming or not? :devil:

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Funny x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  11. freedomgator

freedomgator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 26, 2017
    Bruh I scrolled past all the dumb whining and the people arguing with the dumb whining hoping there was some news about the actual thread topic. My scrolling was not rewarded.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    Be careful. I got an off-topic for talking about Robinson.

• Funny Funny x 17
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  13. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    Looking good...
    4 On3 Predictions
    One 247 CB

• Like x 8
    • Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Off-topic x 1
  14. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    Yet you call me captain obvious. We know you need to recruit well to win. We know it's going to take lots of nil money to recruit well. We see FSU and Ole Miss buying up transfers. We're doing what we're willing to as individuals and accepting what others are able to contribute. If you want to throw fits about getting outbid, then go do something to prevent it. Like I told you when you started the other thread, if you want more money to be spent, spend more money. If you don't have money, fundraise (complaining on gatorcountry does not qualify as fundraising). If you're not going to do either, don't complain about your returns. Contributing $20 is great, we appreciate it, but that's like using a wet napkin to clean up the mess after tripping a claymore. It's going to take a lot more than that. If you want to make a change, make a change. If you want someone else to make changes for you, you don't need to tell us again. If you want changes to be made at the administration level, you're talking to the wrong crowd.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. gatorrob87

gatorrob87 Junior

Oct 28, 2023
    Citra, Florida
    Thanks for mentioning the actual topic of the thread. I get that conversations evolve, but good God, have some awareness that you are way off the beaten path and take it private!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    He saw Bro's posts and said nah.

• Funny Funny x 10
  17. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    And we aren’t trying to play that game. I have no problem with how we are approaching it. It’s disappointing but it’s to be expected.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Give us some pertinent info please

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Do what you can. If more regular folks paid a bit, it would make a dif. Don’t knock a fan for dropping a 20

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    this is a player worth pursuing. If we are willing to pay the $ to commit to Florida is unknown. And would he prefer to go to a championship contrnder- Caleb Downs is another.

unfortunately, the players in the portal that are elite with proven production…likely want to play for contenders…and Florida isn’t viewed as such after the last few seasons. College football will look more like nfl free agency…where losing franchises have to over spend on “free agents” to attract them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.