Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Robinson Released From LOI

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Jan 16, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    AGAIN, it isn't UF's wallet.....it is yours, and mine, and everyone on this board. I'm not sure how this continues to escape you. Resources are not unlimited. Are you under the impression Florida Victorious has millons of unused dollars just sitting there?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. tarponbro

tarponbro All American

Feb 10, 2016
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    It doesn't escape me. I'm just stating my opinion. If we cant't afford the best players then we're not raising enough money to be competitive, plain and simple. If that's the case, we need to raise more money,

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Oh gee, who knew it was that simple

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Who are you talking about with these high level transfers? Because if you're talking about the fsu haul then we're just gonna continue to disagree. I agree it's frustrating to not be in the picture when it comes to guys like Evan Stewart or Isaiah bond but u could also care less about asking how high when those dudes say jump either.

Would you have considered Jared verse from Albany worse than Cox from Georgia?Johnson from Louisiana worse than Bowman from Clemson? Just seems like you are caught up with program names and their players than with our position needs and strategy regarding team chemistry.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Honest question. Can collectives compete with millionaire/billionaires with a hard on for football and a need to satisfy their egos like the ruiz or the Spanx chick for fsu?

6. tarponbro

tarponbro All American

Feb 10, 2016
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    How about get both of them and let their play determine who you keep, especially at positions of need.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. tarponbro

tarponbro All American

Feb 10, 2016
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    How about if UF's collective can compete with Ole Miss' collective? Right now UF is behind them, according to Shane Matthews.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    So get out there and raise more money. You’re retired right? This seems very important to you. Make it happen.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  9. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Probably not, but a VERY robust collective could make a nice impact. Get 50,000 UF ticket holder/fans to give $20 a month and you get $20M for NIL. Then throw in money from the high rollers and you have something. As reference above, this appears to be the Ole Miss model

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. tarponbro

tarponbro All American

Feb 10, 2016
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    Guess what, it really is that simple. If you don't have enough money, do your best to raise enough so you can afford to get more and better players. If your donors don't get on board with paying at the highest levels, you know that they're not all that committed to winning championships in football and basketball. Then you just need to accept that UF will be a mediocre, run of the mill program in those two sports at minimum.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  11. tarponbro

tarponbro All American

Feb 10, 2016
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    I'm asking all of you to donate to the collective. If I can do it you can too. See, I'm already doing my part, smartazz. :cool::cool::D

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You act like that effort hasn't been ongoing. And the average fan has been very apathetic, UF membership numbers are low vs the number of alumni. Add in many of the big $$ donors simply don't believe in NIL....and honestly who can blame them when it's the wild wild west out there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Totally unrealistic

14. tarponbro

tarponbro All American

Feb 10, 2016
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    Not really. Ole Miss got two edge rushers in this year's portal to go with the ones they already have. That's just one example. Here's another example: Texas A&M got Dezz Ricks and Jaydon Hill at DB. Do you want me to look for more? Oops, Tyler Baron flipped to Louisville. One last example of getting two players at the same position, one of whom might not start at the position. UF got both Dickson and Manuel at OT. We did the same thing at the same position last year with George and Goodwin. Oh yeah, UF also signed two DTs in the transfer portal last year and two LBs.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    If what you’re doing on here is your idea of fundraising, you’re not very good at it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Ole Miss has NOTHING in the state of Mississippi to cheer for other than ole miss and miss state. Nothing. And Florida has pulled an edge rusher and rhe portal isn't over with. Man I'm tired of the Gators being down too. We are on the same team here but we aren't going to model after every cesspool, desperate, win at any cost programs. Not that we are squeaky clean but there are degrees of corruption in these things and we arent operating at that level.We just aren't

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Who is "we"? Do you give money to the collective? If not, there is no "we" in you.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  18. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    He gave $20 a few days ago. That should get us two or three of those guys ole miss and fsu have been getting right?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Nice to hear from a guy who understands the dilemma many of us long time Florida Boosters and fans have. I have given money to UF every year since I graduated. Most of it did not go to the UAA, but enough did.

I disagree with NIL, entirely. I think the whole concept is wrong, flawed, and bad for college athletics and college athletes. I do not trust it. There are no rules. I am not willing to to contribute to a scheme, which has no rules, I do not like, and which might land my alma mater in hot water.

We aren't Ole Miss, Alabama and LSU for a reason. All they care about is their football team, because they have nothing else. We have many other things to take pride in.

Spurrier, Meyer, and Donovan all won when we were a respected academic institution. We will win again, if the neg head fire everybody nitwits would just chill for a few years.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  20. tarponbro

tarponbro All American

Feb 10, 2016
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    I didn't say I was, Capt. Obvious!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.