Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

RIP Laken Riley

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gator515151, Feb 24, 2024.

1. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

LOL. I guess if I got owned like you just did by me maybe I’d think about ignoring someone also.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. gatormonk

gatormonk GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Not sure what happened to the tweet but here's the text:
    "They abducted my mother in law’s fourth grade student, tortured him, raped him, and then hung his body from a bridge.

They killed and sodomized countless cattle in my husband’s herd, destroyed hundreds of miles of fence line on my husband’s ranch, and destroyed his ranch camps multiple times a year.

They have killed countless people from my husband’s hometown in traffic accidents during what they call a bailout. They drive at insane speeds and ditch the vehicle after crashing into someone, almost always killing the people in the other car (and many of their fellow illegals in their own vehicle).
    I could go on and on."

Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
  3. gatormonk

Apr 3, 2007

4. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Killed countless people? Where is this happening?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. gatormonk

Apr 3, 2007
    She lives in Eagle Pass, Texas.

6. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007

Don’t you think this would have gotten a good bit of news coverage? Not to mention all those sodomized cattle.

7. gatormonk

Apr 3, 2007
    I read about people getting killed in auto accidents by illegal aliens all the time.

I'm not sure the media would cover a story about sodomized cows, or if it was even reported. And I doubt if it's a high enough priority for law enforcement to do anything about it.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  8. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  9. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    I know what you're saying here. To be clear, I have said previously that I think the categorical assertion that "walls don't work" is an overstatement. At the very least, walls/ fences/barriers slow people down. They also, for example, make it easier to establish an unlawful intent on the part of those who breach them. Having said that, scope and scale matter as does whether there are sufficient personnel to guard those barriers.

Respectfully, your argument here seems similar to me as when gun control advocates point out the purported inconsistency and hypocrisy of Republicans when they ban guns or set up gun free zones for various public or private spaces or events. Republicans prohibiting guns at an RNC Convention or in Federal buildings have been mocked by the left, and I'm not sure that's the greatest argument. That's much different than trying to set up huge gun free zones throughout entire cities or states. You may disagree with my analogy here, but I feel like these gotcha arguments completely ignore context and enforcement practicalities. Just my two cents.

10. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011

Orrrrrr....MAYBE...illegals aren't actually sodomizing cows and you are getting your "news" from twitter.

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Walls and fences are defensible positions. I'm sure there will be armed guards stationed all along the fence. A fence around the perimeter of the Capitol is also a relatively short distance in an urban setting.

Compare that with the US/Mexico border. 2,000 miles, much of it over very difficult terrain including desert and mountains. Just like a fence alone with limited or zero guards around the Capitol would be useless, the wall with Mexico only accomplishes spending taxpayer money.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Some posters will literally make up anything to defend their "walls don't work" shtick. Too funny. Can't fix stupid.

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. gatormonk

Apr 3, 2007
    Orrr, maybe this person I've followed for four years is telling the truth. Btw lots of accurate news is broken/reported on Twitter.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    These same fences were up on Jan 6. How effective were they on that day?

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Did they go over the fences or simply walk around them LOL? This is like clubbing baby seals. Too easy.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. gatormonk

Apr 3, 2007

The Biden administration participating in human trafficking.

17. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Thank you for confirming fences, like walls, aren't effective deterrents.

18. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

So why do banks have walls around their money since they don’t work? Hell, there have been robberies before so by your awesome logic then walls don’t work LOL. Can’t fix stupid.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    And bank walls work so well n there's no need for vaults with safe locks, safety deposit boxes, security systems, and armed guards! Why? Because walls work!

And answer me this, clubber, I the fence wasn't a deterrent on Jan 6, what makes today different? Did Dumbledore put a magic charm on the fence this time so nobody can pass?

Houses have walls for the same reason banks do. Shelter, and buildings are much better than caves. But walls alone? Don't do much to keep people out.

20. gatormonk

Apr 3, 2007

"Yesterday Jen Psaki and Rachel Maddow mocked Virginia residents for being worried about illegal immigration."