Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

RIP Laken Riley

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gator515151, Feb 24, 2024.

1. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    And yet it is still just a fraction of gun deaths in meruca

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 2
  2. gatormonk

gatormonk GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Nice try.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    If you want to protect America know not to count on the GOP

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    so we've ALWAYS had open borders?

5. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    truth hurts?
    #1 cause of children deaths, but hey look over there at the brown man

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    The best part about the immigration wing of Trumppublican coo-coo land is this;

When we kick out every last one of the approximately 9 million undocumented people who is employed in the United States,
    - and then magically fill most of their former jobs with the approximately 6.1 million unemployed Americans,
    - and then somehow find 3 million other people to fill the remainder of the vacant jobs,

....those new 3 million people will be 100% totally crime-free!

Either that or we'd just have to recruit a similarly educated, and similar-sized, work force to replace them, who would probably have about the same level of criminality.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  7. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Legend

Feb 4, 2024
    The Border Bill is worse than current law.per Rand Paul.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Damn autocorrect, the networks probably have SIRI doing their closed captioning work.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Or if Biden actually wanted to stop illegal border crossings he doesn't need a bill at all. Just enact Stay in Mexico asylum policy and the numbers will drop much larger than any bill they could bring. So I assume you are railing on Biden to do this, right? Or are you just playing politics?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2020
    So, the union rep is saying anything is better than what the nation has been experiencing say .... over the past three years?

From your link
    "While not perfect, the Border Act of 2024 is a step in the right direction and is far better than the current status quo,” Brandon Judd, president of the council, said in the statement. “This is why the National Border Patrol Council endorses this bill and hopes for its quick passage.”

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    It's better than the status quo yet Trump and MAGA Mike would prefer the status quo to the bill given that there's absolutely no chance that any other legislation would be passed this year and even if Trump is elected the Democrats would be able to block any other legislation in the Senate next year.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
  13. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I see we are still playing politics but won't address the real problem. I'm shocked...

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. gaterzfan

Feb 6, 2020
    I'm favor of good stand-alone "immigration reform" legislation and wonder why the currents administration did not try to pass such in 21-22 ... or even 23. I'm glad this "immigration- foreign aid" mess proposed earlier this year was killed as that is not how to fund either matter. It was stupid of the Senate to "negotiate" that bill.

As a politician who wants to win, you can't fault DT for trying to keep the border crises a border crises. I don't agree with him 7 the republicans on blocking any meaningful reform over the next 9 months and I won't vote for him one way or another. Of course, I'm not going to vote for Joe Biden, either.

VAg, a little advice .... people would take you more seriously if you'd curtail the infantile use of "cutsie" names you learn from reading the TDs infected progressive tabloids. :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Remain in Mexico was a humanitarian nightmare. Nearly 40% of those forced to remain in Mexico were assaulted one way or another, with kidnapping and rape being the biggest issues. With plenty of evidence of humanitarian issues, if enacted, the Biden admin would be facing multiple lawsuits on both sides of the border. Humanitarian groups on this side would sue to stop the abuse, and Mexican officials have vowed to not allow Remain in Mexico to be enacted again, because it invites and spikes crime in their country.

The policy was bad with about 1/4 of the people coming because of the pandemic, which kept many people from venturing too far from home. Imagine the abuse today, with 4X the amount of people waiting at the border? Anyone who thinks this is the answer isn't considering all the variables.

The bipartisan bill was bad because the Ds got very little of what they wanted. Nothing for DREAMers and no protections for family units are things the Ds should try for in a border bill. And giving a POTUS ability to shut down the border is bad all around. More agents is just another way to try the same thing again and expect different results. BP numbers have grown by 10X, from 2,000 to 20,000 since 1980. Has it helped? Only thing good in the bill was more money for asylum judges.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. willymayshayes

willymayshayes GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Not going to weigh in on the immigration/border debate here but ...

My daughter is in AXO at UGA. Think about how memorable your college experience was - in a good way - and then think about what these poor girls are dealing with now emotionally. These girls are absolutely wrecked. Truly a tragic and devastating situation. Just remember that you cannot overcommunicate with your kids, especially when they really need you.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. gaterzfan

Feb 6, 2020
    If this is accurate (Fox news ya know) then maybe there's a little hope for eric Adams! Bet the progressives will not like Adams' position.

------
    "New York City Mayor Eric Adams on Monday doubled down while speaking to a group at a town hall meeting in Canarsie, Brooklyn, saying the sanctuary city law needs to be modified so that any migrant who commits a felony can be turned over to ICE and deported.

Adams commended his administration for doing an excellent job during a challenging time, but stated his hands are tied by federal and local law.

"But those small numbers that are committing crimes? We need to modify the sanctuary city law, so that if you commit a felony… we should be able to turn you over to ICE and have you deported," Adams said. "It is a right to live in this city… and you should not be committing crimes in our city."
    ------

NYC Mayor Eric Adams doubles down on call for changes to city's 'sanctuary' status amid migrant crisis (msn.com)

18. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    If Trump is elected, will legislation about anything be needed next year or anytime in the future? (He has said he wants to be “dictator just for a day.” As we know from the biblical seven days of creation, a day doesn’t necessarily mean just 24 hours. And Trump knows his Bible. Didn't he hold one up for a special photo op?)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    That’s really strong. My daughters are both out of college, but I can imagine the pain and fear that something like this causes in so many. The only thing worse than not feeling safe is not feeling like your children are safe.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville