Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Rich Men North of Richmond

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gatoragman, Aug 18, 2023.

1. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Quick google search. The guy was born in Virginia. Does not take a rocket scientist to understand why a Virginian would use Richmond in their song. You are as ignorant on this as you are on my screen name.

Sadly you are just a hater. Be better about your whiny rants.

*** I don’t care for the song (sound or lyrics)***

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
  3. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    Your analysis of the song is one thing, but now you’ve driven off the road into Crazyland! We need you to blow into a breathalyzer before you get behind the keyboard again. :D

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. PD

PD VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Hey the Obfuscation King has entered the chat.

Did you get your Trump mugshot t-shirt from the Trump campaign merch site yet? It reads, “Never Surrender” under the picture that was taken mere minutes after he literally surrendered to police.

6. PD

PD VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Mock as you will. I grew up in Florida, so I had and still have a lot of friends who love modern country music. And I draw a stark distinction between real country, which was murdered by corporate radio in the 80s/90s, a few years before it murdered rock and roll.

The ones who are still my friends are good and decent people on balance. But they’re absolutely racists. To the bone.

They would argue red in the face that they’re not, and I think they truly believe it, but they’re flaming racists in flaming denial. The vast majority of contemporary country music fans are racist, most of them the deep denial variety. The fact that they’d argue red in the face that they’re not, doesn’t change anything.

They’re the ones who say there’s nothing racist about using Native American caricatures as sports mascots. They’re the ones who think AA and CRT are racist (but can’t explain what either one is). They’re the ones who say that pointing out racism is racist…because although I think they truly believe they’re not racist, they know that feeling they get when the indulge in these things, isn’t right, and they don’t want that racism option to be constantly presented to them as the source of that feeling.

They want to remain convinced of the purity of their feeling about POC by never having to examine it.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2023
  7. PD

PD VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Disagree wholeheartedly, but credit where due. That was funny. You may even eke out an exception clause for the axiom that no conservatives are funny. :cool:

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  8. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    :cool::cool::cool::cool:
    Expected response from someone who just makes crap up and tries to agitate people. I am sure you have paid far more attention to trump and his whereabouts than I. Outside of a couple reports on GMA I could not tell you anything about trump right now.

Truly is sad. That said…I don’t think it is ignorance. I think it is deceit. As you are too smart to be this ignorant. But certainly smart enough to be deceitful.

You make Trump look like an Angel…

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. cron78

cron78 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 25, 2022
    Me and PD call BS. He cannot mean what he says because he is white, has a beard, is from Virginia, and is still jealous that several of his kinfolk are on the govt teat and he isn’t. ;)

10. cron78

cron78 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 25, 2022
    Project much? Making a definitive statement that you know what someone else feels deep down inside is the giveaway. You have no idea what anyone else feels deep down inside. Methinks maybe that’s what you feel deep down inside and throw up a rabid false front to hide it. No winky face this time.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Thats the dumbest thing you've ever posted. You do know most of these alt country bands are very liberal right? Tyler Childers just wrote a song about 2 gay men.

You should stick to being wrong in the Den.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

PD. YOU are missing my whole reasoning behind the terminology. When I say someone on the left is being intolerant I am absolutely speaking in the social sense. We 100% should be tolerant to anything legal and constitutional in our country. Thats exactly what I bang on a small few of our most extreme leftists about.

His blanket term "let the assholes have their music" is 100% intolerant. Many of the liberals here have said they like it themselves.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. PD

PD VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Yep, just personal attacks. Don’t touch the subject matter. You Qs are so predictable.

14. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    LOL!

You make up a subject that is not there. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would be proud of your race baiting.

Now you try to act as though you did not.

There is a reason you went silent when called door your ridiculous race baiting. You are one of the worst for sure. Sad!

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. PD

PD VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I was being comically hyperbolic, but that was my bad because in addiction to being nearly impossible to convey over the Internet, it doesn’t fit my other posts on this thread, so there’s no reason to think I wasn’t being literal.

16. PD

PD VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Then I still say you’re not telling the truth. Name one time a liberal was intolerant of a conservative, just because they didn’t agree with a valid worldview or opinion. Not because they didn’t accept bad behavior, or opinions rooted in racism. Also, oppression does not fall under social tolerance, so there is no moral obligation to accept/tolerate anyone who wants to legislate against abortion, e.g. Tolerance would only be necessary in that example for someone who chooses not to have abortions because that’s their belief.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. cron78

cron78 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 25, 2022
    Once again…project much?!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  19. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    It’s all he has. This is just name calling because he was called out for what he did. He is a pathetic race baiter. He does not have a clue about me. He does however know what he is doing by purposely injecting race into something with no evidence. And lying about me because my screen name has a “Q” in it (he was educated on that recently and went quiet after).

20. 108

108 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    NYC
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1