Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Religious councilman destroys argument for putting the ten command,ents in a classroom

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by oragator1, Jan 23, 2024.

1. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    You have no idea who’s on this site. This is NOT their social media.

Fun fact, parents have to sign a permission form for schools to use their pictures. If a teacher puts a picture of a student on ANY social media (personal or school) without permission from the parent that teacher will find themselves in very hot water, possibly terminated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    A teacher can be easily identified and found from much in social media. Tracking down the student from that would be easy. The school would have massive liability in that case.
    This site is far more anonymous for anyone who wants it to be.

3. swampbabe

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    I do. I posted it in another thread where you posted the same misinformation.

Not sure why you insist that pretty much all of these services are church related. I think that 50 and 60 percent respectively is pretty darn good.

Anecdotally, it mirrors our giving. We support Second Harvest Food Bank AND our neighbors’ church’s food pantry.

There are other charitable givers/organizations besides Christians.

4. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Most people have public social sites. And the kids themselves are posting all the time.

Again, tell me the danger of posting a family pic at a football stadium days after the fact. I'll wait.

You do know that purchasing a ticket often gives permission to the venue to use photos.

This is just a lame attempt to take shots at Q.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. swampbabe

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Except that he shares WAY more personal information on this site than he should in regards to his kids.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. tilly

You ignored my question.

Are you counting Salvation Army, World Vision, Compassion International etc as religious? If so then there is no way that it is only 50%

And I don't recall the data you posted. Please repost if you still have it handy.

7. swampbabe

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Wrong. I just think posting pictures of your kids on this site isn’t very smart. No need to white knight for Q

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Not according to the dictionary...

re·li·gion
    Noun
    1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman power or powers, especially a God or gods.

9. tilly

Kids are safer today than they were 50 years ago. Even with their faces being plastered everywhere.

AGAIN what is a bad dude going to do with a 2 week old pic?

10. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    Can you point to.a source of this belief. -- that God proceeds religion-- that isn't a religious text?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  11. swampbabe

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Know what they look like, maybe? Know they live in Ocala? Again, I just think it’s dumb.

12. swampbabe

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    I’m not ignoring your question at all, you just didn’t like the answer.

Here is that info
    Radical GOP governors; feeding children is bad policy | Page 4 | Swamp Gas Forums

13. tilly

Even that google box definition (not a dictionary btw) tells us that belief and worship most coexist and are both required to be "religion". Without the human acts of worship ot can not be religion. The acts of worship would be the rules and rituals attached.

Faith without those rules and rituals is not "religion". Looking after the needy is a religious act and the only one Jesus cited as such.

14. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    GOD precedes writing and historical documents. The Prophets knew this...

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. tilly

He posted pics of them in Boone.
    They are vacation pics. All parents post those things.

Guess what? The bad guy at the mall knows what they look like and that they live in Ocala too. The guy living in Colorado visiting Too Hot is not the issue.

Needless shot at Q.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    So... No? You can't?

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  17. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    You did ask for the source.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    GOD was mentioned by several Prophets as the creator of the Heaven and the Earth. If that is not good enough for you then you're just being obtuse. Man made religion based on Prophetic scriptures only verify the existence of GOD... they do not invent GOD, like the religions that follow. Man made religions.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Remember when Moses was revered as being the most universally respected historical figure, occupying an exalted place within the 3 Abrahamic religions, and even being held in high esteem by non-Christians, Jews or Muslims? You know...back when we resembled a nation that shared a culture, rather than a smorgasbord of cultures that share a land?

Seems the only commonality we share anymore, is the pronouncement of our differences.

*United we stand, divided we fall.*

Seems so many of our own compatriots reeeeaally want us to fall.

#chinesepuppetparty

• Like Like x 1
  20. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    This is about efficiency. The government is beyond inefficient with resources. Now there is no doubt that charities can also be inefficient with resources. In fact there are charities I will not support because the information says they are not doing a good job of being efficient for the cause. The cause is never the issue. As a whole. The government is terribly inefficient. I joke every year I am going to fire my accountant if my taxes go up. But we both know it is a good thing if I am paying more…

• Like Like x 1