Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Religious councilman destroys argument for putting the ten command,ents in a classroom

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by oragator1, Jan 23, 2024.

1. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Again, everyone should be more careful about personal details in an open forum especially as it concerns their children.

Edit to add: do you get the irony of wanting people to DM you about something that YOU splashed here publicly?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  2. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I have never seen anyone defame you here, truth is a defense to defamation.

He obviously doesn't understand. No one is particularly concerned about him, the concern was for his children.

3. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    I don’t need help from someone who decided to make an issue out of nothing about how to handle my business.

With that said…you should be smart enough to understand that comment was directed at @lacuna trying to make a point that you and others cared. I clearly understood you did not care. Which is why you went public in a way to put me down. If you cared you would not have done that. I could care less if you want to be a jerk and do what you did.

My point is if you really thought I was being a bad parent and cared. You would not have responded like you did.

Carry on…

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2024
  4. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    LOL!

You know exactly what you did and said!

5. swampbabe

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Such a victim LOL

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    LOL!

Not a victim at all. Calling out your behavior. Boone became a subtopic and which led to App State. We recently visited. It was an awesome trip with a perfect weather ending with snow on some of the most scenic sports stadiums you will see in this country. I tried to make a congenial post and you decide to inject yourself and imply I am a bad parent putting my kids in a dangerous position.

You wanted this. Not me.

That said…Lost Province was great. Liberal and dumb during Covid (wear a mask to your table and then take it off and spread away/and that does not even represent the fact masks don’t work). But I would go back all day.

7. swampbabe

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Please stop posting personal information on a public platform. That’s it.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. swampbabe

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Since you think this is so funny, let me ask you something.
    Do you remember that creepy Orlandogator that posted on here? What if he started stalking your daughter? Use your head.

9. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    I signed the release (here is the latest post from Dr. Quinn Family Dentistry)…

The Father Daughter Dance is a special event that is put on by Ambleside here in Ocala. It began at On Top of the World and has grown to fill out WEC. Reagan went for the first time in 2012 right before she turned four years old. Ryann started going with us around the same age. This will be the first year we cannot make the event due to activities as Reagan Ryann and Hudson have gotten older.

That said. We have been a sponsor of this event since 2012 (the first year we attended). I cannot say enough good things about Ambleside and this event. We will sponsor again this year. With that comes tickets to the event. If you would like to take your daughter out Feb 2 or Feb 3 for an fantastic night message us or contact us. You can call the office or email through the website. Friday Feb 2 the dance is from 6-9pm. Saturday Feb 3 the dance is 5-8pm.

7179D155-9DAB-4F9A-947E-84461F3C9D23.jpeg

Dr. Quinn Family Dentistry | Ocala FL

Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    I do not live in fear. But I am fully aware of things. Look. Everyone has a different take.

My wife hates social media and has not been on it for years but understands it is part of life and with owning a business can be necessary. I use it to try and connect with people and create the family relationship we strive for at our practice irregardless of politics. Am I doing it wrong? Maybe. But my accountant would disagree.

But the true reality is I am just trying to create a bond with a group I actually enjoy bantering with. It is frustrating when you just try to do something fun to create a connection and it turns into a lecture about being a bad parent for sure. And we disagree far more than we agree. But this is one you should have just left alone. There was no reason to inject yourself like you did. But you wanted to publicly take a shot at me. I know people that lean towards your position on the issue and know those that lean toward where I am and I know people that have no limitations as to what they will post (we hire people and every single time I search the applicant on social media).

Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  11. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You've done what you can and I applaud you for your efforts. He doesn't realize this isn't about his safety, it's genuine concern for his innocent children. You can only hope they don't pay the price for his indifference.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Rich!

Coming from the one poster who crossed all lines due to their inability to just have a differing opinion.

You and the moderators know what you said and did not that long ago. I will leave it at that.

13. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Maybe you two should take it to PMs.
    Please

14. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    My two cents: Maybe it’s partly because I don’t have kids, but I feel like some are being a little tough on Q here. And I say that as someone who is often surprised at what parents post on FB for example with details and pics of kids, houses, travel plans, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1