Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Recruiting Thoughts

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Oct 22, 2024 at 11:59 AM.

1. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Its bern a bit, ive been without power and internet until just recently. Tried to kerp up as much as possible but Helene was a bitch. I will get a new roof out of the deal but not sure it was worth it. Anyway, i know everyone had at least some issue, some much worse than I did so lets try to return to normalcy. I do have some thoughts, a bit of what may be going on behind the scenes. The following is just my opinion. IF, if Uf can finish strong and by that I mean winn 3 more games. I believe CBN will keep his job. Recruiting will suffer if he is kept or let go, although a new guy might salvage something in the portal. I rxpect and you should also to see a few more decommits. A win against uga will change everything. Believe. Only half of what you hear and disregard 25 percent of the rest. I will try and give you.solid info but i am not going to post unconfirmed rumors as fact. There are few facts right now. Maybe not what you want to hear but its real.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. gators1994

gators1994 Junior

Sep 10, 2024
    I haven’t been paying too much attention to recruiting but I knew it was going badly. Billy needs a career changing win SO badly. We seem to be getting hammered on the trail.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. maxgator

maxgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    We are behind fsu in HS recruiting. Not by much but we are.

So, the portal it must be. If a new guy could come in and use the portal so can Billy. Playing with DJ is very attractive to a lot of players.

I think a big concern is going to be who transfers.

Billy is standing on the razors edge.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2024 at 1:18 PM
  4. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I strongly suspect fsu falls to 1 - 7 after Saturday. That puts the final stomp on bowl hopes for them (I know I know, not me, but some fsu homers were spinning hopes of going 6-6 on a warchant podcast)

As hard as it is at UF right now, there are glimmers of hope. Of course the next 4 games are nightmares. The Gators face good QB's against all of em. But compared to fsu, whom might (might) win #2 against Charlotte, you won't convince me that our recruiting situation will be worse than them. That program is coming unglued, even by Dot Com's (Gene's) own admission.

Anyway, fsu's suckage is not the answer to UF's recruitng woes, I get that. I hear UF will be anywhere from 13 to 17.5 dogs to, well, you know. At least the Gators are fighting, the defense is improving, the offensive line is playing better and DJL and our recieving corp and running backs are playing pretty well. Like everyone, damn shame we didn't beat UT.(sigh)

Myself, I hope to win at least 2 more. For all the talk of UGA and Texas, I'm not sure LSU isn't just as good as them. Anyway, it's kinda back to the time warp again against UGA, where a "w" was more of a wish than a reality. We shall see.

5. SuperMOM

SuperMOM GC Hall of Fame

Jan 31, 2016
    I'm cheering for the noles to go 2-6 after Saturday. They still have ND and Florida to lose to.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  6. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Here's where the scheduling hurt us... Playing Miami is never a big enough win for us, and it's always a huge loss in more than just losing the game. We're losing recruits to that portal-let school.

This is why I can't stand getting ADs from other schools that have NO IDEA about the history of the Gators and how we are the big dogs that DO NOT NEED to toss schools like Miami a lifeline game... Their biggest win is against us becasue their ACC Confernce SUCKS... We do not need to help that school in any way shap or form... and now we're losing recruits to them.

We're losing talented recruits to that school because our AD decided to put that nothing school on our schedule, when we already play a tough enough schedule in the SEC. That game schedule MADE NOT SENSE AT ALL from the beginning.

I say this all the time... and now we ended another streak (winning our first home game for years) because someone from some other SEC school, now with the Gators and The University of Florida, knows NOTHING about our school... recruiting... traditions (Fuchs too, bring back Gator Bait) from some other school comes here and messes things up. That game and the mistake to put them in as the first game of the year was on the AD.

When are we going to hire former long-time Gator people (at least someone that knows the traditions in Gainesville) to run our school, and our athletic department?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2024 at 4:00 PM
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Gatorhead

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Come to think of it, I would like to see a Nole win myself against the Canes, but, well, they may be a 30 point dog going in.....lol

Last edited: Oct 22, 2024 at 3:52 PM
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  8. maxgator

maxgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Miami already beat us...i want them to kill fsu.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Gatorhead

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Guess I hit the wrong bone Max, I hate em both and would love to see Miami's High School schedule and undefeated season ruined.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. maxgator

maxgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I just have a different thought process. Miami is going to get beat down in the playoffs. I want as much pain for fsu as possible.

*Also i instigated a 100 dollar bet with a nole about this game as Miami was beating our ass.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  11. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    I care a lot more about FSU’s misery than Miami’s success. I don’t want that program to have anything to feel good about.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Gatorhead

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I'm not going to argue that point for sure, it is rather stunning, should their losing ways continue, and it sure seems like it will, they will go down in college football history as the biggest "flameout" from top of the roost to bottom of the cellar. LOL

And if you think BILLY's buy out is bad, just look at the 10 million dollar mans package. LOL, LOL, LOL

13. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Three more wins and we salvage a decent class and we can plug holes in the portal. Got to keep the core together.

CBN and a seasoned DJ can get 8+ wins next year with a decent Oline and continued improvement on defense. Maybe even a playoff spot.

Perhaps we will be even a bit ahead of schedule because of DJ getting starting SEC experience this year. If we can keep him upright. The next few games he will learn when to throw it away and when to run.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 2oldgator

2oldgator GC Hall of Fame

Jul 14, 2021
    Dunnellon fl
    I agree Rick. If we allow Miami on our schedule, IMO, it should be on some type of rotation basis with FSU.
    Our schedule is a testament to poor planning and our AD not being able to deal with the SEC powers that be. I realize the SEC has the say so as to who we play in the conference but, nobody can say there is a modicum of fairness in the way our schedule is laid out. Two open dates and they are 3 games apart and both by the 7th game of the season. Really!
    We schedule one “cupcake” school, (all other SEC teams have 2 or 3),and we are rewarded with having it the second game of the season. Most everyone has an easier game before the season finale which is usually the schools biggest rivalry game. We pay a Murders Row the last 5 games with no open date and we get Ole Miss, a conference game, before our season finale against FSU. No way in Hades is that a fair schedule. And I’m not even going to check to see how many of our opponents have open dates before they play us.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2024 at 2:22 PM
  15. SuperMOM

SuperMOM GC Hall of Fame

Jan 31, 2016
    I worry that Miami will get an Iowa State or Boise State.