Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Recruiting the 2023 football class.

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by cubangator, Feb 23, 2022.

1. cubangator

cubangator GC Legend

Jul 8, 2017
    Former Gator great RB Ernest Graham's son, 4 * LB Myles Graham will be attending Gator's cookout 7/30

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Is this his profile? Hard to believe it's been long enough for EG to have a son ready to be recruited. Myles Graham, 2024 Inside Linebacker - Rivals.com

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Super kid!! Humble just like daddy.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. cubangator

cubangator GC Legend

Jul 8, 2017
    5*CB Cormani McClain said at the Under Armour's future 50camp on Friday that his final 3 are Alabama, Miami and UF. That he has a great relationship with Gators DB coach Corey Raymond, that he expects to meet with Raymond again in late July.

• Like Like x 3
  5. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    And, UF has ten, plus two from Georgia.

6. florida72

florida72 Senior

Dec 31, 2019
    Russell is going to be interning with the Eagles from what I’ve read.

7. florida72

florida72 Senior

Dec 31, 2019
    UF has missed on some recruits specifically because Napier would rather focus on the roster instead of recruits in which I’m perfectly fine with. Not that UF hasn’t tried to lure recruits but Napier did say he won’t get into bidding wars.

Be patient because for one, we have to. But secondly, UF is still going to get highly valued players. It’s not like UF is going to sign nobody above three stars.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    That’s a valid point for sure. We have to take care In-house before we can recruit. Solid foundation (lockeroom) comes first. That’s not to say the big spenders haven’t done exactly that, it’s not rocket science. We still have to sign top 100 kids or at least hit on talent that was misvalued a bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator VIP Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    Always build the foundation first. Makes perfect sense to me. He said it would be a serious rebuild from the foundation up. Once established, i believe you will see us get more aggressive with NIL. Taking care of current players and commits makes sense.

This is not an instant gratification "gloss over rebuild". He is fixing an entire program that was very broken.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  10. RD_gator

RD_gator GC Hall of Fame

Jul 20, 2007
    It's the chicken or the egg situation.

UF has to get the best players first before they can win the SEC Title or at least get enough of the good (in-state) players that can help you win games! Napier is trying to set the foundation and also improve the team chemistry/atmosphere.

Judging from last season's onfield results (i.e, losses to South Carolina, Missouri, Kentucky and others), Florida has taken some steps back to the middle-of-the-pack SEC-East. Florida will have to distinguish themselves again from their competition through winning those key SEC games!

This current Florida team because of their inexperience also needs to develop and learn to win again. That may take some trial and error.

Since 2015, Florida has gotten some shots at winning the SEC - its closest was in 2020 when Kyle Trask was the quarterback. However, Florida has lost its last four SEC-CG appearances. That will have to change, too.

Right now, Florida doesn't seem to have the depth at many key positions including quarterback. It will take Napier some time (possibly another season or two) to completely rebuild this program so that it can challenge for the conference title.

• Like Like x 3
  11. gatorfanbill

gatorfanbill All American

Feb 7, 2018
    Gee, I wonder why we struggle to get some of the recruits we do want.

Could it possibly be because we haven’t won a Championship in a while. Duh, I kinda think so. They want to go where the winners are.

However I hope CBN can turn this ship around.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. ddrew91

ddrew91 All American

Dec 14, 2020
    Miami, Texas am, Georgia until last year.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. stabnburn23

stabnburn23 GC Legend

Mar 29, 2022
    Miami literally has never won their conference and has been even worse than UF for the majority of the last decade plus. When Kirby got to UGA it had been like 36 years since their last championship. There's obviously a lot more to it than just winning

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    I was talking about Graham, but yes on Russell.

15. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    And Ohio State, among others, have been recruiting those players for a lot longer than our new UF staff has, and some of those players likely never heard from UF's previous staff. But it has to end soon. Ohio State alone has already landed one quarter of their class from our state.

That is somewhat speculation. It seems naive to think that other schools have not taken care of their current roster while continuing to offer lucrative deals to this cycle's commits. Doubtful.
    Are Texas and A&M in bidding wars? Ohio State?

16. gatorfanbill

gatorfanbill All American

Feb 7, 2018
    Well if you aren’t going to pay then you sure better win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. cubangator

cubangator GC Legend

Jul 8, 2017
    Marlin Texas 4* LB Derion Gullette is considering going to UF for a official visit. The Gators lost LB target Lewis Carter to Oklahoma.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
  18. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    And we wouldn't mine the high schools of Ohio for hidden gems, just like the Buckeyes don't. There is a reason OSU has to come to Florida for recruits.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. cubangator

cubangator GC Legend

Jul 8, 2017
    The Gators aren't only a finalist for 4* CB Ja'Keem Jackson, but Swamp247 has CB him to UF. The 6-1 180 Jackson its the #208 player on the 2023 class, the #20 CB and the #43 player in Florida.

• Like Like x 2
  20. cubangator

cubangator GC Legend

Jul 8, 2017
    New England's S Joenel Aguero has a commitment date set for July 23, UF is in the final 5. August 11th is the commitment date for East Saint Louis OT Miles McVay but isn't know if UF its on the picture or not. Also not known if the Gators are in the picture or not is for Louisiana's LB Jaiden Ausberry, but what its known that the Gators are trying to get him to be for the July 30th cookout.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2