Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Recruiting the 2023 football class.

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by cubangator, Feb 23, 2022.

1. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Cormani, P Kirkland, J Hall, W Norman, Castell, Jakeem Jackson, D Leblanc, J Walker, Webb, Mizell, Wilson, Jean, K James, Searcy, all legit names. Won't get them all for certain, but other names will emerge as replacements. IMO that base gives you a viable path to be in that 10 range.
    That's not even considering a QB( I think we take one). Raylen Wislon, Baxter, L Simmons I don't think are strong possibles at present.

2. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    There are always kids on our board that we don’t know about . We always get a few surprises. There’s plenty left for top 10 but we haven’t yet paid for a top 50 player. Will we buy a few or not is the million dollar question.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Any reference to how a particular school has recruited from the beginning of college football right up through last year is now obsolete and relatively meaningless. It's a completely new environment now, and, new leaders will emerge. The term recruiting is even obsolete now. The talent acquisition term that Napier uses is more appropriate, because recruitment is purely a financial transaction now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. propagator

propagator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Multi-Million $ question

5. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

^This…….is the point

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

It’s June and nobody has signed anything at this point

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator VIP Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    You have a billionaire who wants the headlines, glitz and lights for himself. He has fortune, now fame.

He's trying to buy a NC. Doing a poor job imo but whatever. Lol

8. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Maybe the reason we haven’t yet paid for a top 50 player is that we’re taking care of our Gators already on the roster first. You know, those guys with names on lockers at UF who we are counting on to get us through the upcoming season.

Go Gators

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. florida72

florida72 Senior

Dec 31, 2019
    We get probably five and no more than six. I think we get Castell, James, Jean, Wilson and Mizell for sure. I think we get Thornton out of Georgia too.

The increased budget kicks in today so that’ll help with something.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
  10. gatordadx2

gatordadx2 Premium Member

Dec 24, 2017
    hope you are right everything I hear about him and his tactics is that it shady at best at worst it could be out right scamming these kids however the school seems to be behind him, the fanbase loves him and he is really gaining ground and signing top recruits hope it bites him in the butt and not the recruits

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Hi Strange and happy 4th to you and the family.........

Yeah, the GB boys are a bit concerned. Thats why we gotta get McClain and a few others to buff us up.

12. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator VIP Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    He seems shady as hell and we all know about the integrity of UM.

Ultimately the recruits always pay the price but the ignorant naivety of 17 year olds put them in that position. Parents should be protecting their children but many low income parents are viewed as seeing them as just another tool.

Whatever innocence college football had left is vaporizing before our eyes. Im just going to try and enjoy whats left. There's a reason most people I know, myself included don't watch the NFL anymore and I see fewer college games being watched in my house going into the future.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I would guess closer to 10 of those names

14. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    He claims to have every single five star and 100 of the four and five stars combined. It’ll be hard not to deal with him and win if that’s the truth

15. gatorpjb

gatorpjb All American

Jan 1, 2021
    Lithia, Florida
    Is the last guy that was Miami’s recruiting savior still in prison.

16. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Hard to believe it's come to this, practically overnight. Cheating is now allowed I guess. And so what's the NCAA going to do now if they find out a few players went out on his yacht, with women, booze and blow? Nothing. If they find out a coach lent a non NIL player $200 to pay a fine, are they going to waive the death penalty flag? Ugh, so bad.

17. StrangeGator

StrangeGator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Happy 4th to you and your's too. Getting McClain was about getting that crown jewel. Now it's about getting enough CBs to fill the class.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. StrangeGator

StrangeGator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Don't think we get even half of those.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Beat me to it. That’s my prediction for this current dude as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. cubangator

cubangator GC Legend

Jul 8, 2017
    Don't know if this has been posted, but anyway the Gators has increased their recruiting budget 2M to now 4.72M. Corey Raymond has been ranked as the #1 DB at the college ranks.