Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Raymond and chaos OUT

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by username, Nov 27, 2023.

1. gatorgrad87

gatorgrad87 Freshman

Oct 10, 2018
    So, you would rather he just hire whomever is available now?

• Like Like x 1
  2. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Technically, everyone is available now. Chris Rumph, hired by Clemson this week, was coaching for the Vikings this season. He left the Vikings and is now coaching at Clemson.

so, it can be done. Every single college coach can be hired away today from their teams. Happens every year regardless of whether or not the coach is under contract.

I would have hoped that Napier had back channeled his preferred coaching targets before firing Spencer and Raymond. More head coaches are gonna get axed in the coming weeks, meaning more new staffs will be hired meaning more competition to hire DB and DL coaches.

I think Napier was in a position to wait on NFL coaches when he hired his first staff. The poor on field results for two years - I don’t think he has that luxury this time around. Everything he does- every decision he makes - is now under a bigger microscope due to on field failures. Optics matter. Not having two on field coaches in place as early signing day is two weeks away and the portal opened this week with visits happening everywhere - it is like self sabotage. He is working short handed and hurting himself and the potential success of recruiting and portal.

so yes, I would like for him to hire a great candidate now. Not later. There are tons of good coaches out there.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. AuldG8R

AuldG8R All American

Dec 11, 2007
    Not sure where to put this but after seeing the Destin flight information and Coach O, I decided to check our aircraft to see where they went. 101FG went to Fulton County today by Atlanta and 100FG was at Tampa Executive today.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. freedomgator

freedomgator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 26, 2017
    [​IMG]

I will wait to see how things end up before praising or crying, but to each their own.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. gatorgrad87

gatorgrad87 Freshman

Oct 10, 2018

Technically
    , Chris Rumph was on a leave of absence and had not coached since Oct. But I get what you're saying.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    It looks that way to us yet we have no idea of anything other than nothing announced or leaked. Hopefully if we knew what was actually happening, we would approve.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. gatorogue

gatorogue Junior

Jul 15, 2009
    Defense played well in the FSU game. Well enough to win. The offense kicked a FG and missed a couple FGs in the first half, and one more FG in the 2nd half. The defense scored 2 points. The FSU loss was on the Gator offense.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    Which was down a thousand people

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. HisDoc

HisDoc GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Even better, I would like those hires to be in hand (in principle) before firing two well respected coaches. And get rid of the OL coaches.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. gatorrob87

gatorrob87 Junior

Oct 28, 2023
    Citra, Florida
    I was told by a fellow Gator fan at work that he read on the internet that Ed O was to be hired today. At what time can I expect the press conference?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. freedomgator

freedomgator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 26, 2017
    Didn't your guy at work tell you?

12. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    Swampville
    If the same scenario with Mullen not making needed moves after two horrible seasons people would be screaming bloody murder and posting funny GIFs of Mullen in a Darth Vader helmet.

13. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    With Raymond skulking around on the sidelines in games this year, they probably already had it out during the season. I don’t know if the two coaches just abruptly quit or if they knew they were being fired for weeks after the last game. If they knew, work has been done and if they just abruptly quit, they left zNapier flat footed.