Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Raymond and chaos OUT

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by username, Nov 27, 2023.

1. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I pretty much agree with everything you said. There’s bad angles, youngsters learning, but the loving to hit thing is somebody has it or they don’t. Our entire secondary has not to a man shown that we have that guy that’s going to bust somebody’s ass and can’t wait to do it. I’m sure they’re trying to make tackles but it’s just, not something that can be taught when it comes to the desire of Contact.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    It seems like all you would need to do is watch a couple of a HS recruit's games and ask a few questions to find out if a guy likes seeking contact. I guess we're seeing an aspect of the failure of our previous coach's lazy recruiting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. zman-1

zman-1 GC Legend

Mar 5, 2017
    West of the equator
    I have been saying this to anyone who will listen to me. Maybe it is a new way to teach tackling. If so, I don't care for it!!! Easily adds 3 to 5 yards more from the contact point.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    just my observation as well but doesn’t it seem like we never gang tackle? Seems like it’s always down to one defender having to make the tackle. We haven’t been a swarming defense in a very long time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    As a suffering Stealers fan, can we get Troy to come teach tackling

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  6. malscott

malscott GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    All the top-ranked 'winning teams' always have some ultra-experienced guy (An OC) up in the booth calling plays. We have some guy playing video games and a maid vacuuming and doing windows...

Can't we pay some dude huge $-the best guy out there? Steel the guy from Bama. Washington. Somewhere. Who has the most prolific offense? Get that guy.

We're millions of dollars off on our budget for football based on the top teams. Right there is a problem. We have stadium upgrades to the tune of a half a billion and we really need coaches and recruits.

There must be people that know what they're doing here. Somewhere. Right?

Go Gators.:eek:

• Like Like x 3
  7. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    The UAA has been pretty much clueless for quite some time now. They didn't recognize that the football program paid the freight and have let it wither on the vine with uninspiring to downright bad hires and only got back into the game almost 20 years late (football facility) after other factor$ began to take precedence in recruiting.

And now they have their heads lodged firmly in their posterior thinking that the stadium needs to downgraded to somewhere well below the FSU erector set?!? Have they not seen the crowds at Florida Field to watch a pathetic team the last 3 years? If they think that they can reduce size by 20 large, spend half a Bil, and charge average Joe fan enough so there is a ROI, then I would love some of what they are smoking...it must be kick-ass.

Unfortunately they won't read this, but let me clue them in: PUT A WINNING PRODUCT ON THE FIELD AND THEY WILL COME! (probably in more droves than the stadium can hold now).

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    yep

He and Louis Oliver as a pair would be dope.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    They are already selling out while raising ticket prices. Maybe they believe winning isn’t a huge factor in money generated. Vandy doesn’t even attempt to compete and gets the same conference check as the guys spending 100’s of millions and generating all that tv money.

10. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Agreed...I'm sure they have reason to think that. I would be quite interested in an analysis of the O'Dome reno when they drove lots of longtime boosters up into crummy areas of the venue and had them cancel their tickets. I'd be willing to bet that the avg. attendance has gone down.....how that relates to revenue is the $64K question though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. iam4uf

iam4uf GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Gainesville
    The line represent the process results. In general, more talent = more wins. Given the talent, elite teams have a better process (slope 0.064 vs 0.054) that's more correlated with success (R² 0.26 vs 0.09). But elite teams also have a shift in their process that results in even more wins. A process shift typically occurs due to something outside of the process (aka a special cause, e.g. admin).

F-hGERjXEAAli0e1.jpg

12. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    I was told there would be no math :confused:

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. drcgator

drcgator Junior

Nov 19, 2017
    I thought we rallied to the ball at the beginning of the year but something went screwy in the second half against UT and we started to tackle high, fail to come to the ball with sufficient aggression to match UT's runners, and stopped rallying to the ball. My perception could easily be off, though, but that's what I was seeing.

14. freedomgator

freedomgator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 26, 2017
    What are you even talking about? Maid doing windows? Random ramblings aside our offense was pretty good considering how bad the OL was. If anything needs more money it's OL talent acquisition.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. zman-1

zman-1 GC Legend

Mar 5, 2017
    West of the equator
    I'm I the only one thinking that naming the coaching replacements for these two should be happening now? Portal opening and signing day is almost on upon us. This could be the difference in player's decisions.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    They could already know. Just can’t say?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. GatorShak

GatorShak Senior

Jan 13, 2009
    Are we going to address the o line and special teams is the biggest Q. Days of nothing after how quick we did the first two makes you think we're not gonna do anything else

18. freedomgator

freedomgator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 26, 2017
    Doesn't make me think that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    Please tell me who you want from the already eliminated teams? Be patient….most teams with good coaches are still playing. NFL season still going strong. Be patient. Also, I think the OL coaches contract are expiring. Meaning they won’t be fired, they won’t be extended. Can hire whoever without firing them, the same can’t be said for Raymond and chaos.

20. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Making me wonder if they were fired or quit. They may just not be available yet. Who knows.