Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Rashada, 1/11/23 UPDATENOW being Denied

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Jan 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheatng8tr

cheatng8tr Junior

Dec 10, 2021
    You're right. He would be distraction or worse if he didn't want to be there.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  2. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Again the $13M number is crap and hopefully that truth comes out in lawsuits to prove as much. No way we are paying a borderline 5 star that kind of money. This has Ruiz written all over it. Probably was the plan from the jump. Bet he ends up at Miami.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    Imagine every recruit out there if that number is true.

Pay up suckers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. bposs

bposs GC Hall of Fame

Sep 3, 2010
    Woodstock, GA
    Someone missed a decimal. $1.3million over 3-4 years is more believable.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. tripsright

tripsright GC Legend

Dec 2, 2021
    Florida
    You are incorrect, in that, JR did not sign any deal with “boosters/UAA”. Any NIL deals are through entities that are separate from the university.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2007
    This just isn’t the reality. Florida has gotten a black eye with this Rashada deal. NIL and NIL opportunity companies are associated with the school reputationally.

In the media Florida is getting hammered and there is open questions on whether we can viably recruit now.

Whether the school (admin and Football program) knew about this deal isn’t relevant. Their reputation is being tarnished.

That being said if you don’t think the NIL opportunity providers and football program are not working together then I have beach front property in Oklahoma for you. How do you suppose the budget is determine and how to allocate dollars? If it’s as separated as you think then the NIL opportunity provider needs to get their own recruiters and analysts in order to figure out who to pay.

I can hunt down a ton of examples. The narrative isn’t about what Gator Country can control. It’s about what’s in the social media, tv, radio, pods, and what recruits think. Whether you think it’s earned or not is 100% not relevant. The fact is Floridas name is burning run in the mud

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Matthanuf06

Sep 13, 2007
    Legally separate but reputationally linked. Collectives and NIL operations are as important as actual recruiters on staff now

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ETGator

ETGator Long-Time Gator Stuck In East Tennessee Moderator VIP Member

Sep 15, 2007
    You will NOT continue to assert Florida broke major rules and Florida law based on your psychic abilities.

I have edited your post but if you violate Rule P again and @GatorGrowl sees it, you're on your own.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. flnative75

flnative75 All American

Oct 17, 2011
    Tampa
    Correct somewhat … it’s not really court. He has to request a release since he has submitted his LOI if not he has to sit a year… UF can release him or make him sit unless NCAA appeals releases him of his obligation. At this point he would have just been an early enrollee.

10. Matthanuf06

Sep 13, 2007
    Huh? What rule did I say they violated? You are just making stuff up here since you can’t control the narrative that is out there. Turn on the tv, log into Twitter, read media outlets…. They are ALL dogging Florida. What good is burying your head in the sand going to do? I am merely telling you what the world is saying. How’s that against the rules?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  11. gator_glory

gator_glory Junior

Apr 11, 2007
    I would hope not but this was the quote from JR that concerned me:

“I’ve already been studying the playbook and it’s pretty complex but I love that. It means it’s an offense that’s going to be really hard to stop. I love that part of the game and I’m excited to take all this in and really grow and develop as a player.”

12. ETGator

ETGator Long-Time Gator Stuck In East Tennessee Moderator VIP Member

Sep 15, 2007
    Nope. You originally wrote:

My response was that Florida didn't offer $13MM or even $0.13. I fully explained it. No need to again.

You went downhill with your ranting from there, for being corrected or required to follow rules you don't like, and are now accusing Gator Country of trying to control some national media narrative?!

You even edited your former post to outright say as much.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Matthanuf06

Sep 13, 2007
    And you failed to point out what was incorrect.

The other schools are playing by the rules. They aren’t getting in trouble are they?

We did offer Rashada money. Now the $13m may be questionable but it was something. And that fell apart.

Your issue is the word “we”. This is where you fail to appreciate NIL operations are reputationally linked to the school they are giving NIL out for.

You may not like that. Frankly neither do I. I do not like the fact Rojas and Heitner were nearly as important as Napier. But it’s a fact.

And if you looked at anything outside of GC you would see NIL and the schools are incredibly linked reputationally.

And you seem to truly believe our NIL operation and the football program have no link. Think about that implication…

1. How would the NIL operation know which players Napier likes?
    2. How would they know how to allocate the budget?
    3. How would they know who has what offer?
    4. What if the NIL team disliked a player but Napier likes him? Or even if the NIL team prefers the $ to go elsewhere?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  14. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Bingo. That number is being floated out by our enemies to maximize embarrassment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Matthanuf06

Sep 13, 2007
    You are trying to throw mod weight around saying NIL operations aren’t reputationally linked to the schools. You are attempting to be the thought police. It won’t work. The cold hard reality is they are reputationally tied together. Again go look at any other media source. Go look at recruits. What you think is true isn’t the reality. Maybe it’s unfair. But it is what it is

I also have no idea what rule I violated. If saying the entire world views NIL operations and their schools as reputationally tied together is breaking a rule then so be it. It’s still a factual statement though

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. GatorGrowl

GatorGrowl Forum Admin Moderator VIP Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Paris, TN
    We can control the narrative here

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    How is signing contacts with individuals before they are students not an inducement to sign. Ruiz and Miami should get the death penalty. the state of Florida made a law not to use the NIL as an inducement. well even private schools in the State of Florida should not be able to do this. actually no one in the Nation. But the state Congress, the US Congress and the NCAA, and the SEC have stepped not stepped up to stop these shenigans. Oh, it is just Florida crying. No this is unethical conduct by all these entities to just take money and do everything but enforce rules, Sad. Ruiz is a slimey lawyer who is involved with the crypto currency guy, so draw your own conclusions. As for the Gator collective, we need someone with command of a courtroom to run this. we as a University have tip toed through this and now have stumbled, yes it is embarrassing. When is the University going to issue a statement ending this fiasco?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
  18. GatorGrowl

GatorGrowl Forum Admin Moderator VIP Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Paris, TN
    P. There will be NO mention of the Gator Collective.

19. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    So you’re saying we can’t talk about the single most important aspect of Florida gator football recruiting, on this site?

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

True, but he still signed a LOI with UF, regardless of any 3rd party contract. That said, if he wants out we should definitely let him go

• Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.