Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Rashada, 1/11/23 UPDATENOW being Denied

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Jan 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    3 years/4 years...you're splitting hairs. How many does Billy get so UF can appease the masses that don't understand that its not Billy's fault that the UF football program isn't competitive and recruiting remains meh?

I don't disagree with you that the UF admin has made it abundantly clear what it intends to do: Operate in an unethical manner by giving lip service about championship standards to the sheeple that fund their operation while restricting their coaches ability to compete on a level playing field. In other words, they pray at the altar of the almighty dollar when it comes to tough choices on how to proceed.

2. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    Okay, so I just read the Atlantic piece, it’s probably already been posted here, very interesting, to say the least.

What's the timeline, who are the central figures of the Jaden Rashada-Florida saga?

Are both “collectives” tangled up in this? They don’t have the funds and are now offering a lower amount? The $13mil figure is accurate??? That’s outrageous!

Nov. 10: Rashada and the Gator Collective agree to terms on an NIL deal exceeding $13 million with Rojas and Grosso reportedly signing the contract. Such a massive pledge is thought to dramatically exceed the Gator Collective’s fundraising level, so the deal presumes assistance from Hathcock or other Gator Guard donors. After signing the contract, Rashada decommits from Miami and flips to Florida.

Dec. 7: Rojas sends a termination letter regarding the $13 million contract, according to a program source close to the situation. There are conflicting accounts about why the deal crumbled and who pledged to pay what. Multiple conversations ensue between donors and athletic department members, including Castro-Walker and Stricklin. Some within the administration are only now getting up to speed on what was promised — the program aiming to keep these third-party NIL dealings at arm’s length. Yet these conversations ultimately focus on finding contingencies for keeping the class’ highest-profile recruit in the fold.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. ETGator

ETGator Long-Time Gator Stuck In East Tennessee Moderator VIP Member

Sep 15, 2007
    I can't argue with anything except your silly belief that wingtee was right about something. LOL! :)

• Funny Funny x 10
  4. upstategator

upstategator GC Legend

Nov 1, 2017
    “Amateur athletics”

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    Respectfully, I stated nothing that was not an actual fact in my previous post. You however are trying to sell your opinion/wild suppositions as known facts and I'm just not buying it. And for the last time, the UF administration (including the HC) has stated clearly and unambiguously that they will not engage in bidding wars for the services of HS recruits. Their conduct thus far has been absolutely consistent with that statement of intent. To argue otherwise is again the expression of an opinion, not a demonstrable fact.

6. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    What a cluster F. That number is absurd. But I don't blame Rashada from holding out. I blame the idiots for promising that much and not delivering.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  7. ETGator

ETGator Long-Time Gator Stuck In East Tennessee Moderator VIP Member

Sep 15, 2007
    G. Allan Taylor of The Athletic has apparently seen documents I have not.

I would encourage folks to read that article and if you can't, as usual, please let me know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    Don't look for anything else from the NCAA, that horse has left the barn.
    UF boosters/NIL funders have to step up and deliver what they promised.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    Except for the fact that Stricklin was involved with some kind of contingency plan to keep JR in the fold according to the Athletic article.

11. 06GATORS08

06GATORS08 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2009
    If that article is true, we need to clean up our act

12. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    I am not sure what speculating on this page is doing for anyone. It frustrates me it doesn’t entertain.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    $13 million seems insane, but how in the hell do you execute an agreement that isn’t air tight and fully backed by commitments?

I am puzzled why JR signed letter of intent if the original offer had been pulled?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  14. lizardbreath

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    I'm not sure I get your point. I wouldn't be surprised in the least that he would try to find some unspecified solution to some heretofore unspecified problem - as long as he avoided involving the school in a major violation by entering into some sort of direct bidding war. Barring that, he damn well should be looking for a way to recoup the situation. JMHO.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. lizardbreath

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    Anything you say killer.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Just stop the bs in the athletic department by hiring Pantoni and getting out of his way

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. florida72

florida72 Senior

Dec 31, 2019
    I just don't know why those involved with this deal promised such an amount knowing Napier wouldn't get into a bidding war and had pulled the scholarship offer to avoid a bidding war. It's like they went ahead and offered the kid the amount anyways and Rashada flipped to UF. Makes sense why Rashada's LOI was signed and sent later than it was supposed to. He was promised something to sign.

What's also confusing is Rashada said his decision wasn't solely based off of money but needed that hustle to flip.

18. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    That’s a very good question. Hold the line, we’re working on it maybe. I guess he obviously didn’t have any other offers anywhere near that ridiculous number. Otherwise he would’ve bolted in a flash. When you’re on the 3yr league plan, early enrollment and the first spring practice is a big deal. Can he do that anywhere else now at this point? Trying to salvage something here might be worth it, only if you still get a good NIL deal though. Bird in the hand thing..

• Like Like x 1
  19. cubangator

cubangator GC Legend

Jul 8, 2017
    QB Max Brown its going to play baseball for the Gators this Spring.

• Like Like x 2
  20. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    Is it possible Napier and the administration weren't aware of the figures because they have tried to separate themselves from it? Once they learned the figure they balked. I could imagine if that figure is legit that's not good for culture? Just spit balling.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.