Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(SB) RANT!

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by ApexNC, May 27, 2024.

1. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    Posting to add that I love the Gators softball team and will watch every game in OKC. (Maybe on DVR.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. 4everaGator

4everaGator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2010
    Central Florida
    No question, and I say that as a former huge fan of baseball. But to me so many things are superior:
    1. 7 innings! It's that much shorter so each inning is more special
    2. 60 ft instead of 90: it's a smaller field so stuff happens so much quicker. A speedster only needs 1.8 seconds to make it to first. Infielders have to field cleanly and throw hard to have a shot at throwing a runner out. Also because the field is that much smaller, there is more of a chance for outfielders to make plays on base runners.
    3. No lead off allowed means there aren't 2 dozen throws to 1st to get the runner to return to the bag, this too shortens the game
    Just these few things make the game faster and less boring.

Now at the top levels of each sport these factors are less of an issue. I am speaking primarily of watching youth games. I found it very difficult to watch little league or high school baseball after watching softball for only a season of watching my daughters playing after they started.

• Like Like x 2
  3. flgatr1

flgatr1 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    jacksonville, florida
    I brought this up a while back when GC was giving 2nd rate attention to the softball team. Such a shame since they generally play as well or better than the baseball team representing the school.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Gee outside of Track, what UF team playes better than Waltons kids?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    Love love love these Gators! They are one of the toughest teams in school history.
    To beat OU by 6 runs is stunning

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ufgtr77

ufgtr77 Junior

Apr 22, 2024
    The UF Lady Gator Softball team players are a class act. Love watching these ladies play, win or lose. They are great ambassadors for University of Florida. They play with their heart and soul in every game they play. You can see it in their game preparation and coaching. Volleyball’s and gymnastic’s teams are also great ambassadors for the University of Florida is as well.