Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Question for Trump supporters

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by lacuna, Jul 25, 2024.

1. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    I will edit ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    So you're going to vote for the guy who enacted a criminal conspiracy to overturn an election, then?

And you're going to pretend that didn't happen because the judges and/or Supreme Court justices that HE appointed are preventing it from going to trial, where he'd be very very likely to receive a guilty verdict?

Sounds good. You do you.

3. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Perhaps it can be done. However in the era of the 20 second gotcha sound bite, raking any candidate over the coals for some distant real or perceived infraction it would be hard to find that person.

Most of us did and likely said stupid things in our youth decades ago when viewed today could be seen as character issues. Thankfully most of us grow up.

The media (both sides) love their gotcha moments. People have been conditioned to “not put up with anyone’s crap” or “don’t disrespect me”. I blame it in part on things like reality TV where rating soar due to conflict and seemingly normal adults act like idiots while the masses roar with glee.

Both parties have really take us vs them mentality in the last 25 years (wow now I feel old).

Maybe a strong 3rd party moderate could bridge the gap. I firmly believe most of us aren’t too far away from common ground. That’s based on conversations with people that I know from the other “side of the aisle”. We have reasonable discussions and very often agree, but perhaps because we like and respect each other already we take the time to listen, IDK.

I hope we can find what you suggest sooner rather than later.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. GatorPrincess8

GatorPrincess8 Princess of Basement Dwellers VIP Member

I am voting for Trump because he is campaigning on the core values I grew up with. Do I always like the "Mean Tweets" etc? NO!!!!!! he proved I got my vote right in 2016 and the last 3 1/2 years under Biden/Harris the country has fallen. I think Trump/Vance can lift it up again.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Away from this site yes, great conversations I'm able to have with the other side. Politically we really don't see eye to eye on most issues at least here in Gainesville but rarely someone gets mad. and Gainsville is extremely liberal. When I go to my other home in North Carolina I hardly ever have a conversation with anyone who doesn't agree with my views, I love being surrounded by these great people

• Like Like x 1
  6. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    I agree. Trump has amazing values - Christian values! He just makes a lot mean Tweets. 1000000358.jpg

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. GatorPrincess8

You have the right to VOTE for YOU and I have the right to vote for me.

8. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    After all there are actually two of the Ten Commandments Trump has not broken... yet. Don't give up hope though.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I’ve seen this sentiment frequently on social media, often stemming from GOP rhetoric that scapegoats the current administration. Let's evaluate this. How exactly has the country fallen in the last 3 1/2 years? And how can this be specifically attributed to the Biden/Harris administration’s policies? It’s important to distinguish between personal dissatisfaction and actual policy impact.

Moreover, do any of the policy results justify putting a person in office who is actively threatening the future of our democracy?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2024
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. GatorPrincess8

What!!! He is not threatening Democracy. That is the most ludicrous thing I have sever seen.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  11. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Did you pay attention to his criminal conspiracy to overturn an election, which included establishing fake elector slates, coercing both state officials and the VP, repeatedly lying in public about fake election fraud, and which included a violent assault on our Capitol in which legislators were threatened and hundreds of police were beaten......as Trump gleefully watched while doing nothing to stop it?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  12. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Trump made the country great again in 4 years, then Biden made it ungreat again in 3 1/2.

13. GatorPrincess8

I know for a fact that the Democrats were mailing out Ballots to people who have been dead 40 years and it didn't just happen once in one state, but several times in several different states to several different people who haven't been alive at least 10 years.

14. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    But did you pay attention to his criminal conspiracy to overturn an election, which included establishing fake elector slates, coercing both state officials and the VP, repeatedly lying in public about fake election fraud, and which included a violent assault on our Capitol in which legislators were threatened and hundreds of police were beaten......as Trump gleefully watched while doing nothing to stop it?

What are your thoughts on THAT?

It's OK because of supposedly ballots sent to dead people?

15. GatorPrincess8

I saw that that, but what about Biden/Harris and selling their souls to China? See, I can do he said, she said all day long.

16. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Not really. The things I am talking about are fact, while you reference fiction.

So you are OK with Trump trying to overturn an election because......Biden/Harris "sold their souls" to China?

Perhaps you'd be so kind as to link some evidence of that....I'm unaware of it. While you seem to admit to being perfectly aware of Trump criminally trying to overturn an election.

17. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    5 kids from 3 different wives. One wife is buried in a potter's grave on his golf course. "When you are rich, you can grab them by the pussy." 21 credible and one adjudicated accusations of sexual assault. A rape allegation from said, buried ex-wife. Affairs with more than one sex worker.

Those are some great values you grew up with.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. GatorPrincess8

I could say you are speaking of Fiction too. Go Ahead it's not gonna matter what I say it's just gonna be going in circles and I have better things to do than try and see things from a different perspective, God Bless.

19. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    The difference being that I can link to credible factual reports of the things I say....while you cannot.

You just pretend the things you are saying are true.

But to each his own. May you be blessed by the Lord.

20. GatorPrincess8

The same can be done from my side too. I am just lazy to find them. :)