Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Question for Trump supporters

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by lacuna, Jul 25, 2024.

1. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    Do you believe that. It’s a wink wink nudge nudge you know we are going to appoint judges who are against women making there own medical decision (with the advice and consent of her provider)

2. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I believe that. I believe that the Republican party just wants to win and would ditch the moral opinions it has pandered in a heartbeat to win.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    I always thought this was very telling and there are only two options. Either these people are correct and trump is an idiot, or trump is an idiot because he continuously hires stupid people.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  4. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    This is one thing they shouldn't be able to ignore, but the cult idealogy is strong. Much like Scientology

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Edit: responding to Post #41
    Your mechanic is EXTREMELY optimistic:
    Bush was “selected, not elected” which was parroted many times until 9/11/01
    Romney “didn’t pay his taxes” per ex-Nevada Senator- who acknowledged after the election that he lied “but, we won didn’t we?”

I saw an old YouTube video from the summer of 2016 and the comedian mentioned how people were “afraid of Trump”
    Wow - before he was even elected people were “afraid” of him? If Jesus walked on water as a Republican the headline on CNN would be “Republican candidate for President, JESUS H CHRIST, polluted pristine water in a campaign stunt further concerning environmentalists about his disregard for natural resources”
    This would then be followed by a series of questions to any Republican about why Jesus Christ doesn’t care about pollution. “How did you feel about your candidate ruining pristine Waters? What kind of example does it set to have the presidential candidate from your party ruining pristine Waters? Have you condemned Jesus Christ for ruining the waters? And not caring about natural resources?” All you need is one Republican to fumble an answer to these gotcha questions and it’s repeated over and over and over again across social and main stream media. This is our “press“ today

Would Fox do the same? Absolutely- which is why I follow neither.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    All "gotcha questions" aside, you'll be voting for a guy who enacted a criminal conspiracy to overturn an election, correct?

Or did none of that happen? No fake elector slates, coercion of state officials and the VP, repeated public lying about the election, inciting an attack on the Capitol then ignoring it for hours...

That happened, right?

7. GatorFanCF

Apr 14, 2007
    Hi gatorjo- so, I must have missed in the myriad of felonies Trump was convicted of, that one of them was “enacted a criminal conspiracy to overturn an election”. Please let me know and then I’ll be able to respond to a fact in lieu of an assertion. Thanks.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  8. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Dude, the Republican party ditched moral opinions when Harding and his Interior Secretary Fall sold federal lands managed by the US Navy for oil, to private oil companies in exchange for massive bribes.

Republican and "moral" have not belonged in a sentence since then.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Well, the trial hasn't happened yet, but that's basically what he's been charged with. And pretty obviously what happened.

What do YOU think about all of this though : fake elector slates, coercion of state officials and the VP, repeated public lying about the election, inciting a protest that turned violent then ignoring it for hours...

The indictment was unsealed on August 1, 2023. A grand jury in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia indicted Trump on four charges: conspiracy to defraud the United States, obstructing an official proceeding, conspiring to do so, and conspiracy against rights.

10. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023
    Trump breathed oxygen once. Hitler breathed oxygen once. Run for your lives!

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. archigator_96

archigator_96 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2020
    HEY! what's the deal? I don't get to be in the list?

12. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I mean, I've said that about politics in general for a long while

13. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Well, right. But one side is not really like the other.

Unless I missed it and the leadership of both parties is actively lying to gaslight regarding their nominee's criminal conspiracy to overturn an election.

So it's not really both sides.

14. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    LMAO! Pres Harding????

The Dems were still intimidating blacks via the KKK then, still making them sit in back of busses, still separate water fountains, all black schools, and all the other Jim Crow fun stuff...

You're @#%%&! Hilarious bro!

15. GatorFanCF

Apr 14, 2007
    Glad to see you believe in "Democracy" and the principle of "Presumed Innocent" NOT!!! Interesting how the Left touts X, Y, and Z; but, if the accused is named Trump - all tenets of a free society are tossed. gatorjo's opinions/writings = Trump's whining and flailing - Same horse, different jockey.

I like strong borders - I am an immigrant and believe in knowing who is in your house. Do you lock your doors at night?
    Although both sides pander to the spending spree, and causing inflation, I would rather it be in lower taxes so I can decide what to do with my money than a government bureaucrat building a "bridge to nowhere" or subsidizing some "green new deal" with "shovel ready jobs" that miraculously never appear (at least according to B. Obama). Since our dollar is worth about 3 cents to a dollar when the Federal Reserve was started perhaps that is where the problem lies.
    I believe Israel has the right to defend itself against a foe whose stated goal is to wipe them out. Sounds like a sum zero contest to me. I do not believe in pandering to people who shout "Death to America"
    Infirmity - Joe Biden is infirm. He should not be President; and, he probably should not have been President for the last....18 - 24 months; but, it is. Although it would hurt Trump's chances the honest thing to do is allow Joe Biden to resign and move on.
    Insanity - having played sports up until and including college I do not agree with bio males competing vs. bio females. Where are the womens' rights group on this question? Oh, I get it - F*ck the girls who gets squashed competing against transgender females because our cause is so righteous that some sacrifices must be made. I'm cool with people believing what they want. If you decide you're a dog I'm fine with that as long as you pick up your poop after you go on my lawn. EDIT: I'm flexible about the leash

These are predominantly Republican positions; ergo - I'm voting for Trump. I do not worship him. I do not send money to him. I'm amused how people like me are characterized as MAGAts, etc. No. I want to live in a crime free area. I want dirty cops busted. I want to know who is in our house; and, I want the ability to compete vs. the rest of the world on a relatively fair platform.

Finally, I invest most of my time looking through my windshield rather than my rear view mirror as I move forward in life. I've got two realistic choices in November and I’m going to go with the candidate who more so reflects my views. And, who has governed in this way for four years. I don’t agree with everything, but I agree with much more with Trump than with Harris.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Very verbose and off-topic. But you dodged the question. So I'll post it again below, so you can answer.

And sure, I'm all for a fair trial before anyone is convicted or sentenced. Unlike the corrupt judiciary stalling for Trump.

Here's the question. Don't dodge please:

What do YOU think about all of this though : fake elector slates, coercion of state officials and the VP, repeated public lying about the election, inciting a protest that turned violent then ignoring it for hours...

17. Gatorcola

Gatorcola GC Legend

Jun 14, 2014
    And the dems had the chance to vote in someone other than Biden. But they didn't. So instead, they just ignored the votes and told Biden to step aside.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. GatorFanCF

Apr 14, 2007
    Lacuna, who began this thread, asked: Why is Trump your choice for president?
    I answered - hardly think that's off topic.

You seem to want to veer off the road, not in the spirit of the OP, who specifically asked for no acrimony.
    I answered one question of yours re: criminal conspiracy. Now, do you or do you not lock your doors at night?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Amazing! I agree with much of what you have written - at least to a degree. therefore, you must be a reasonable fellow :emoji_relaxed:

Actually, I don't lock them very often. Will lock up if out of town overnight. I think we should have a recognized border as that defines the country. However, I also know we need immigrants in the labor force and so I support some kind of work permit. Only citizens should vote though.

I think most would agree. However, they obviously need to take more care with the civilian population. Far too many civilians, non-combatants, and aid workers have been "defended" and killed by Israel. Those people are trapped in a war zone.

He is showing his age - no question. I think he is good for now but thinking about his condition 4 years from now is scary and he did the right thing by stepping aside.

Me neither. But it is up to the sport's sanctioning body to set the rules for their sport. Government needs to stay out of it.

Until January 2021, I was a Republican mostly to have a vote in local elections. I am now an NPA and vote for someone in which I perceive honor and integrity - as I always have. If they have that, they have my trust and I don't have to agree with every policy position or executive decision. I do not see even a scintilla of integrity in trump and will not vote for him or those that support him. Ever.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  20. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    Just messing with ya . Good work !!